Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray shot down by The Missile 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray shot down by The Missile

(Read 4449 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #90 on: October 07, 2012, 03:59 PM »

Maybe the reason  he can't sit down between games is because he has piles?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #91 on: October 07, 2012, 04:00 PM »

^ Lol naughty boy, that's how rumours start...Wink
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #92 on: October 07, 2012, 04:03 PM »

Indeed but it could be true. Whistle
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #93 on: October 07, 2012, 04:04 PM »

Easily treatable aren't they? You must know... Whistle
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #94 on: October 07, 2012, 04:09 PM »

The only piles I've got is cash. yes..................... Liar
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #95 on: October 07, 2012, 04:27 PM »

Nice one clap
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #96 on: October 07, 2012, 04:37 PM »

Wish I had a big pile of cash but more likely to get the other kind. Must remember to eat my prunes.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #97 on: October 07, 2012, 07:16 PM »

I find it interesting that you didn't quote my whole message that contained the important reasons. Not sure if it was deliberate or not.

Some of the reasons for Andy winning at the USO are :

1. Andy had at least 1 days in between to rest and recharge his energy level
2. Andy had time to practice with someone with a similar style as Raonic, and talked strategy with Ivan to prepare on how best to play Raonic after Ivan scouting on Raonic previous match
3. Andy did not have to play Doubles and Singles the previous day.
4. Andy himself commented that his passing shots today are not as good as at the USO so Raonic was able to advance into the net more today. Now this may be related to the fact that his body is tired from Tokyo previous round matches less than 24 hours ago, as well as the accumulated impact on his body over a long Wim/Olympic/USO season.

I suddenly realised today that non GS tournaments where one has to play 5 matches in normally 6 days with a day break between the first and second round and then 3 consecutive matches from QF onwards is a totally different beast from GSs where one plays 7 matches over 2 weeks with at least one day in between to rest, practice & prepare. They are like chalk and cheese and can not be properly compared.

Not intentional using my phone and messed it up! Anyway. Andy lost the match early on when he allowed Raonic to believe.   He didn't play him that long ago and said in interview he would take his same game plan. Unfortunately Raonic knew that game plan. Fatigue played a part in the loss. If andy is serious about the no 1 spot and I don't doubt he is he needs to get better at managing how much he plays and get rid of the temper tantrums for good. He is a fantastic player and deserves the top spot. I like everone else here wants to see him get there and get disappointed when things like this loss happen.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #98 on: October 07, 2012, 07:48 PM »

I think Nish would have beaten Andy playing like that anyway. He was just in the zone, in top-flight and Andy wasn't this tourny.
You had a bad gut feeling about this semi final and you were right, sorry to say. Still I dont think this means you have a crystal ball!  roflmao
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #99 on: October 07, 2012, 08:56 PM »

I predicted the SF in 3 sets, I predicted the final to Kei, I predicted Andy to come back in that set to win against Cilic when he was 5-1 down. I've only made two other predictions on here which I got wrong; One was Laura to beat Hsieh when it was in the 2nd set and Hsieh was serving for the match - Laura did actually manage to come back in that 2nd set to win then get up in the 3rd but she eventually lost so I got that wrong; the other one was for Djokovic to beat Murray in 5 in the final - note I made this prediction before the tournament started and announced it on here during the Cilic match (which was long before either got to the final) so all things considering I wasn't exactly far out with that prediction either.

All in all I've been doing extremely well with my predictions since I've joined here :P
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #100 on: October 07, 2012, 09:19 PM »

Well done you!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #101 on: October 07, 2012, 09:42 PM »

I predicted the SF in 3 sets, I predicted the final to Kei, I predicted Andy to come back in that set to win against Cilic when he was 5-1 down. I've only made two other predictions on here which I got wrong; One was Laura to beat Hsieh when it was in the 2nd set and Hsieh was serving for the match - Laura did actually manage to come back in that 2nd set to win then get up in the 3rd but she eventually lost so I got that wrong; the other one was for Djokovic to beat Murray in 5 in the final - note I made this prediction before the tournament started and announced it on here during the Cilic match (which was long before either got to the final) so all things considering I wasn't exactly far out with that prediction either.

All in all I've been doing extremely well with my predictions since I've joined here :P

I predicted Andy would win this USO over a year ago. I think my crystal ball is pretty effective too :-)
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #102 on: October 07, 2012, 09:46 PM »

Not intentional using my phone and messed it up! Anyway. Andy lost the match early on when he allowed Raonic to believe.   He didn't play him that long ago and said in interview he would take his same game plan. Unfortunately Raonic knew that game plan. Fatigue played a part in the loss. If andy is serious about the no 1 spot and I don't doubt he is he needs to get better at managing how much he plays and get rid of the temper tantrums for good. He is a fantastic player and deserves the top spot. I like everone else here wants to see him get there and get disappointed when things like this loss happen.

Fatigue was the entire reason for the loss. I'm clearly flogging a dead horse by repeating the fact that a lot of first time major winners go on to lose the next tournament they play in. It's clearly easier for some to make a bigger issue out of the loss in Japan than there actually is.

As for the temper, Andy did all right. I would have felt like smashing the racquet over Raonic's head.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #103 on: October 07, 2012, 10:26 PM »

I've only got to look at him to want to so that ! 
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray shot down by The Missile « Reply #104 on: October 07, 2012, 11:40 PM »

I've only got to look at him to want to so that ! 

Me too lol. I'm terrible though, I'd need a bagful for Raonic, Berdych and Fed lol.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »