Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray shows Tomic who's the master 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray shows Tomic who's the master

(Read 1362 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray shows Tomic who's the master « Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 03:04 PM »

thanks johnk -  I like the manner in which Brisbane records the press conference.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray shows Tomic who's the master « Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 03:50 PM »

thanks johnk -  I like the manner in which Brisbane records the press conference.
me too Smile nice and relaxed
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Murray shows Tomic who's the master « Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 04:26 PM »

yay
I don't know who edits the highlights but I don't think he/she is an Andy fan.  I can understand it with Tomic - he is the local lad after all but it was the same with the Baghdatis match - if you had only watched the highlights you would have wondered why Baggy didn't win!  
Yes when I watched highlights of Tomic match, I was wondering who was leading as it showed such good tennis from Tomic but the two aces at the end by Andy  was the frosting on the cake.  yay hope to get to see the complete unedited match.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Murray shows Tomic who's the master « Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 04:41 PM »

Thanks for posting the interview :-). Andy does his homework and is very knowledgeable about his opponents. He notes their strengths and weaknesses but always says match will be tough which complements his opponent. Very smart of Andy.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Murray shows Tomic who's the master « Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 06:23 PM »

For those living in the US Tennis channel is showing the semi,s today at 1 pm in central states 12 pm in Eastern states  finals will be shown tomorrow as well at 12 pm central 11 am Eastern time.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray shows Tomic who's the master « Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 07:29 PM »

Just loved the Tomic interview, guy is so humble and very complimentary of Andy. But he also showed alot of confidence, think he could be one to watch for the future without doubt. He could definately give smughead some lessons in how to loose well.
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray shows Tomic who's the master « Reply #21 on: January 07, 2012, 08:55 PM »

Yeah was pleasantly surprised with how humble and grounded Tomic was at the presser. He was complimentary and respectful of Andy and even though he looks like a nonchalant character on court, he seems to come across as quite grounded. He is looking forward to many more matches with Andy so will be interesting to see their next match.

I can see good things happening to Tomic in the coming years, I think he was seen as a arrogant brat but seems to have matured a lot in the last 12 months.

He reminds me a lot of a young Andy back in 2006 as a raw talented up and coming kid.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray shows Tomic who's the master « Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 09:30 PM »

Yeah was pleasantly surprised with how humble and grounded Tomic was at the presser. He was complimentary and respectful of Andy and even though he looks like a nonchalant character on court, he seems to come across as quite grounded. He is looking forward to many more matches with Andy so will be interesting to see their next match.

I can see good things happening to Tomic in the coming years, I think he was seen as a arrogant brat but seems to have matured a lot in the last 12 months.

He reminds me a lot of a young Andy back in 2006 as a raw talented up and coming kid.
I just watch the Tomic interview. some have called him a brat, but I haven't seen enough of him before to judge him, I just remember him a little from Wimby, where he was in awe of the top players and the event.

Seems like a normal aussie youngster to me.
Was humbled by his match with Andy and sang his praises, even admitted he thought it would be a "piece of cake" to beat him. It's a good thing he's not put off by defeat or he may as well hang up his raquet now!
He certainly wont get anywhere without self belief!

I liked his happy personality Smile

IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray shows Tomic who's the master « Reply #23 on: January 07, 2012, 09:43 PM »

I'm sure the 'piece of cake' comment was tongue in cheek.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray shows Tomic who's the master « Reply #24 on: January 07, 2012, 10:22 PM »

Any news as to whether Brisbane will show the whole Murray vs Tomic match?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray shows Tomic who's the master « Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 04:54 PM »

I just watch the Tomic interview. some have called him a brat, but I haven't seen enough of him before to judge him, I just remember him a little from Wimby, where he was in awe of the top players and the event.

Seems like a normal aussie youngster to me.
Was humbled by his match with Andy and sang his praises, even admitted he thought it would be a "piece of cake" to beat him. It's a good thing he's not put off by defeat or he may as well hang up his raquet now!
He certainly wont get anywhere without self belief!

I liked his happy personality Smile

I think the brat reputation came from him dissing Leyton Hewitt a few years ago - not a good move in Australia I suspect.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »