Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray slices and dices the Duck 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray slices and dices the Duck

(Read 1147 times)
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Murray slices and dices the Duck « on: November 10, 2011, 11:10 AM »

Andy Murray cantered into the fourth round of the BNP Paribas Masters with a superb 6-2, 6-2 demolition of Andy Roddick.

This match was similar in many ways to the thrashing Murray handed out at Queens. The Scot was clinical from the baseline, manoeuvring the sweating American around the court and firing winners almost at will. Roddick's serve - once a fearsome beast but now sadly neutered - was dismissed.

The American has never been known for his tactical acumen. "Plan B" invariably involves some form of random net rushing and suicide volleying and it didn't take long for this to make an appearance.

Murray loves a target. The Scot routinely makes the best volleyers look clueless at the net; Roddick didn't stand a chance.

In truth Roddick's game is massively diminished from his glory days. Unfortunately his attitude is not. At the start of the second set a routine ground stroke sailed long and the frustrations boiled over. The American's racquet met an untimely end and a petulant argument with the umpire ensued.

Murray remained stoic, but inside the Scot must have been revelling in his ability to destroy an old foe so comprehensively.
[ Last edit by boogers November 10, 2011, 11:26 AM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray slices and dices the Duck « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 11:19 AM »

lmao Good headline Boogers! Can't wait for the rest!
IP Logged
Passionanda

Re: Murray slices and dices the Duck « Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 11:36 AM »

I am REALLY glad that I managed to watch this match......it was most certainly a masterclass in tennis!
Well done Andy , I'm so VERY proud of you! Onwards and upwards now! clap clap clap
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray slices and dices the Duck « Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 12:36 PM »

Couldn't see this one, but looks as if our Andy is maintaining his superb form. toot
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray slices and dices the Duck « Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 12:48 PM »

Fantastic win Andy! Stunning play, a joy to watch.  yay yay kicking kicking
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray slices and dices the Duck « Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 12:55 PM »

Great win! But being made to play at 9.30am is not exactly clever scheduling.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray slices and dices the Duck « Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 01:29 PM »

Nice report Phil.  Thanks.

Andy turned in a master-class performance - but does Roddick need tennis lessons now?  It's always embarrassing to watch a once very good player charging futiley round the court then throwing a major pet because he's not happy with the way the umpire deals with his frustrated racquet smashing.  He should be grateful Molay is one of the more patient and sympathetic ones.

Great win! But being made to play at 9.30am is not exactly clever scheduling.
Well Paris 10.30 am - but it's still a ridiculous time to start playing matches.  Andy said he had to eat a large quanity of food, as per his regime, about 45 minutes before he went on court, and also said the twinge in his hamstring could have been due to his not having had the time to warm up properly - despite getting up earlier than usual.  You'd think the organisers might just have enough savvy to take the players' preparations into account.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray slices and dices the Duck « Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 03:26 PM »

Nice little funny report, boogers. Hopefully the sliced and diced duck will retire next year. He has nothing left in him other than the same old antics and tirades.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Murray slices and dices the Duck « Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 07:13 PM »

Andy plays Berdych at 1 p.m. tomorrow according to Sky. Their transmission starts then so I imagine he's first of the quarters.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray slices and dices the Duck « Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 07:16 PM »

I did wonder.....Thanks Jan!
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray slices and dices the Duck « Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 07:17 PM »

Computer being really slow right now.  Just on to say saw most of the game and it was magnificent!!  Andy at his best is a sight to see!  Will get back to read rest later. Well done, Andy!!!!!!    yay
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray slices and dices the Duck « Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 07:55 PM »

Andy plays at 2pm Paris time.  Much better for him for warming etc.

Good Luck Andy. Keep going.

IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray slices and dices the Duck « Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 09:54 PM »

Well done Andy, take this confidence and wonderful shot making on to tomorrow. You can do it.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray slices and dices the Duck « Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 10:57 PM »

Loved the report. I didnt see the match but feel I didnt miss a lot with the way Andy tackled it.
Andy is impressive!  You too Phil :-)
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray slices and dices the Duck « Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 06:34 AM »

Excellent report Boogers! Loved it!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »