Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray sprints to 19th tour title 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray sprints to 19th tour title

(Read 2314 times)
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Murray sprints to 19th tour title « on: October 02, 2011, 12:33 PM »

Andy Murray has wrapped up his 19th ATP tour title with a 6-2 6-0 destruction of American Donald Young in the final of the Thailand Open.

This was Young's first ATP Tour final and the nerves were immediately apparent as he lost the first four games, with the Scot jumping on every weakness and executing flawless passes and drop shots at will.

With the first set over in just 29 minutes, the Bangkok crowd might have been hoping for a more competitive second set. They were to be disappointed, though, with Murray conceding just three points in the entire set.

"In terms of the way I’m playing it’s very good to get off to a start like that on this stretch and hopefully I can continue that through Shanghai," Murray said afterwards.

"I just played really well. Towards the end of the first set he started to play a bit better, but once I got up in the second I hardly made any mistakes."

"He played well. I couldn’t do much and it showed in the score," admitted Young. "It was great play from him. It was my first final on the ATP World Tour; I’ve had a semi and the fourth round of a slam, but there’s nothing like your first final. It’s great. I beat some high-calibre players and I played well."

Murray, often almost contemptuous of ATP 250 events, has this week thrown down the gauntlet to Federer, in a clear signal that he intends to finish the year in the Swiss man's number three spot.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 12:35 PM »

Sorry, pretty dull write-up. Not seen a single ball all week. Can't be bothered with live streams. I gather he played well, though.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 12:45 PM »

Well, there wasn't much to say Nigel, but what little there was, you said it very well [as usual].......so, thank you!
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 01:25 PM »

Nigel coudn't watch the game ..way to early for me,so thanks for the write up.
Well done Andy.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 01:29 PM »

Does anyone know who would have a video of the match.  I have been on the web looking for it but so far no luck. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 01:44 PM »

Does anyone know who would have a video of the match.  I have been on the web looking for it but so far no luck. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried Youtube "LB" - i'm also trying to find a video of the match. Usually on youtube someone will post a copy of the match there in a couple of days if you can hang on that long!   
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 02:23 PM »

ThanksPT saw the semi on You Tube it was in French. But Ill try again in a couply of days. Thanks and Namaste
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 03:21 PM »

Didn't see the match but looks as if he was playing brilliantly  clap trophy
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 04:00 PM »

“Just give me the facts, M’am”.  That’s ok Nigel, knew you hadn’t seen it as soon as I read report, but the facts were there.  You can make up for it another time.  Fine with me that Andy didn’t mess around & got the job done!

Well Done, Andy!!  You nailed it beautifully!   yay   trophy

iamabritt, you can watch the taped game on the Tennis Channel later today I believe.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 04:16 PM »

“Just give me the facts, M’am”.  That’s ok Nigel, knew you hadn’t seen it as soon as I read report, but the facts were there.  You can make up for it another time.  Fine with me that Andy didn’t mess around & got the job done!

Well Done, Andy!!  You nailed it beautifully!   yay   trophy

iamabritt, you can watch the taped game on the Tennis Channel later today I believe.
Yes I saw that thank you   Dianne.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 05:22 PM »

Thanks Nigel ... and here's those of us who watched the match thinking Boogers was going to write the report! Very Happy

As for "I gather he played well, though", Andy turned in a masterclass performance.  It was great to see him looking so comfortable and relaxed on court, and I think most of us felt some sympathy for Young, who looked completely lost as to what to do against Britain's No.1 at his finest.

It was also good to see Andy take this 250 seriously, not only as a springboard for Tokyo and Shanghai but also as a declaration of intent as to just where he wants to be in the rankings, and with Federer having already pulled out of Shanghai, he has every chance of achieving it.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 05:54 PM »

Come on people he's had the third best year so far, let's hear it toot
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 05:58 PM »

Come on people he's had the third best year so far, let's hear it toot
As loud as I can toot cmonandy
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 06:04 PM »

I agree he has had a good year. Reaching all 4 semifinals for anyone else it would be considered a great achievement. I think he has been very good this year yet we still get the moaners who complain that he has not won a slam.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #14 on: October 02, 2011, 06:07 PM »

Sorry, pretty dull write-up. Not seen a single ball all week. Can't be bothered with live streams. I gather he played well, though.
Your writing is never dull Nigel. Nice headline.
As you know it was a completely one sided match, but you summarised it nicely with your usual panache!

IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »