Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray sprints to 19th tour title 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray sprints to 19th tour title

(Read 2220 times)
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 06:11 PM »

Come on people he's had the third best year so far, let's hear it toot
Hurrah for Andys 19th toottoot
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011, 06:14 PM »

Hooray, we're all toot at last! Hope Andy can hear us!
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 08:28 PM »

Hooray, we're all toot at last! Hope Andy can hear us!

Great day for British Tennis, Andy wins in Bangkok and the Junior Davis cup team won their final!!   
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 11:56 PM »

Great day for British Tennis, Andy wins in Bangkok and the Junior Davis cup team won their final!!   
And very well done too to our Junior DC winners! clap  Hopefully British men's tennis is going to be a lot brighter in the coming years.

Black marks to the BBC though.  I can forgive them for overlooking the DC in their sports' roundup, but there was no mention of Andy's win, not even on BBC Scotland, yet they were quite happy to devote several minutes to a Norwegian footballer's "success".  Shame on them. naughty
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 12:02 AM »

As long as Andy keeps collecting titles, I don't care about the standard of BBC's reporting. It was never great to start off with anyway (Wimbledon excepted). Onwards and forwards, hopefully Andy can defend his Shanghai Masters points and do well at Paris before WTF.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 12:35 AM »

Good to read that Andy sounds to have played so well.  I hope he'll crest on this wave through the rest of the Asian tournaments and on from there through to the O2  and finish #3.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 12:39 AM »

As long as Andy keeps collecting titles, I don't care about the standard of BBC's reporting. It was never great to start off with anyway (Wimbledon excepted). Onwards and forwards, hopefully Andy can defend his Shanghai Masters points and do well at Paris before WTF.
I agree with you to some extent, but had Andy lost to the lowly ranked Donald Young, I don't doubt that it would have been reported.  Also who was the last British player to pick up 19 titles in his whole career never mind by the age of 24?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 12:44 AM »

I agree with you to some extent, but had Andy lost to the lowly ranked Donald Young, I don't doubt that it would have been reported.  Also who was the last British player to pick up 19 titles in his whole career never mind by the age of 24?
I agree with you to some extent, but had Andy lost to the lowly ranked Donald Young, I don't doubt that it would have been reported.  Also who was the last British player to pick up 19 titles in his whole career never mind by the age of 24?
Hear hear and wouldn't it be nice if he could make it 21 (including defending Shanghai preferably) by end of season?  And then win at 02 to top it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 12:53 AM »

Hear hear and wouldn't it be nice if he could make it 21 (including defending Shanghai preferably) by end of season?  And then win at 02 to top it.
We can only hope Ruthie, but he's certainly got his sights trained on that No.3 ranking.

Re Shanghai, Fed's pulled out in order to rest his various aches and pains, whilst Djokovic (back injury) and Soderling (glandular fever) are doubtful participants. Tokyo up first, though, so one tournament at a time ...
Hope you're enjoying your holiday despite the intense heat. Smile
IP Logged
Nyssa

My Two Favorite Players! :)

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 03:41 AM »

We can only hope Ruthie, but he's certainly got his sights trained on that No.3 ranking.

Re Shanghai, Fed's pulled out in order to rest his various aches and pains, whilst Djokovic (back injury) and Soderling (glandular fever) are doubtful participants. Tokyo up first, though, so one tournament at a time ...
Hope you're enjoying your holiday despite the intense heat. Smile

Andy is certainly thinking of getting the #3 spot : Murray Too Strong For Young In Bangkok Final
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #25 on: October 03, 2011, 04:20 AM »

IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #26 on: October 03, 2011, 08:45 AM »

Here we are:  http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/15142359.stm
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 09:08 AM »

same as above in:  http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/othersports/tennis/andy-murray-of-britain-beats-american-donald-young-6-2-6-0-for-thailand-open-title/2011/10/02/gIQAuEq4EL_story.html#
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 09:14 AM »

Chris Hollins did refer to the win in this morning's Breakfast.  Good to see that Andy is pairing with Jamie tomorrow in an effort to help JM improve his ranking.  I envy their sibling love.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #29 on: October 03, 2011, 11:06 AM »

Chris Hollins did refer to the win in this morning's Breakfast.  Good to see that Andy is pairing with Jamie tomorrow in an effort to help JM improve his ranking.  I envy their sibling love.

Did he?  I thought it was only rugby, football and the Dunhill Cup that he spoke about.  I was listening for it and didn't hear it which I thought was strange as they mentioned Andy getting through to the third round earlier in the week.  Maybe he did mention the tennis in one of the earlier reports - I only caught the last one.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »