Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray sprints to 19th tour title 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray sprints to 19th tour title

(Read 2706 times)
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #30 on: October 03, 2011, 04:51 PM »

coudn't watch the game ..way to early for me

I had to go to work so I recorded the stream and watched it when I got in.  I'm glad I did because I really enjoyed it.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #31 on: October 03, 2011, 06:16 PM »

Hear hear and wouldn't it be nice if he could make it 21 (including defending Shanghai preferably) by end of season?  And then win at 02 to top it.
Yes that would be great Ruthie, watched the game it was fab, giving that upstart a thrashing!! well done Andy number 3 he we come. yay
IP Logged
clementine
Satellite Level

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #32 on: October 03, 2011, 06:47 PM »

My idea of a perfect Sunday morning - thanks to the wonderful live streaming from Livescorehunter.  They stayed all the way through to the presentation and the commentators were a breath of fresh air after the overly critical claptrap we are used to from the usual culprits at the BBC, Sky and Eurosport.  They were respectful and appreciative of Andy's wonderful tennis, commenting on the match itself and not going off at a tangent about locker room gossip and what they had for breakfast.  Andy had it all going on, serving great, returning great, moving like a train.  Donald didn't have a clue what to do, Andy was on fire, anticipating, dropshotting and passing him effortlessly just as and when he wanted to.

This really was top class Andy, very much in the vein of his amazing performance against Roddick at Queen's.  When Andy is in this form and this mindset, no one, and I do mean, NO one, gets a look-in.  He just needs to bring this sublime level to a grand slam final to realise his and our dream.  Andy is in the groove and he is hungry.  He is snapping at Jolly Roger's heels and will lose no sleep when he topples the Smug One from his no 3 perch. 

I too was amazed that the BBC didn't mention Andy's achievement on last night's main news - he is one of our very few sporting superstars and winning nineteen tour titles at the age of 24 is surely newsworthy ... what on earth is wrong with the sports editor?  The BBC are rightly proud of their Wimbledon coverage but clearly do not want to know about the other fifty weeks.  I find this ignorant and disrespectful to Andy.  He is a national treasure and we are so very lucky to have him. 

IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #33 on: October 03, 2011, 06:52 PM »

My idea of a perfect Sunday morning - thanks to the wonderful live streaming from Livescorehunter.  They stayed all the way through to the presentation and the commentators were a breath of fresh air after the overly critical claptrap we are used to from the usual culprits at the BBC, Sky and Eurosport.  They were respectful and appreciative of Andy's wonderful tennis, commenting on the match itself and not going off at a tangent about locker room gossip and what they had for breakfast.  Andy had it all going on, serving great, returning great, moving like a train.  Donald didn't have a clue what to do, Andy was on fire, anticipating, dropshotting and passing him effortlessly just as and when he wanted to.

This really was top class Andy, very much in the vein of his amazing performance against Roddick at Queen's.  When Andy is in this form and this mindset, no one, and I do mean, NO one, gets a look-in.  He just needs to bring this sublime level to a grand slam final to realise his and our dream.  Andy is in the groove and he is hungry.  He is snapping at Jolly Roger's heels and will lose no sleep when he topples the Smug One from his no 3 perch. 

I too was amazed that the BBC didn't mention Andy's achievement on last night's main news - he is one of our very few sporting superstars and winning nineteen tour titles at the age of 24 is surely newsworthy ... what on earth is wrong with the sports editor?  The BBC are rightly proud of their Wimbledon coverage but clearly do not want to know about the other fifty weeks.  I find this ignorant and disrespectful to Andy.  He is a national treasure and we are so very lucky to have him. 

Beautifully put as always Clementine. clap
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #34 on: October 03, 2011, 06:59 PM »

Did he?  I thought it was only rugby, football and the Dunhill Cup that he spoke about.  I was listening for it and didn't hear it which I thought was strange as they mentioned Andy getting through to the third round earlier in the week.  Maybe he did mention the tennis in one of the earlier reports - I only caught the last one.
Me to Alis didnt hear it at 8.30, should report on all the sports news not just the early ones, as Aileen said he is British number one and has now won 19 titles, had an amazing year, and we havnt got to the end yet!!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #35 on: October 03, 2011, 07:37 PM »

That's the BBC for you. If its not England winning in sport they are just not interested. We pay our TV Licence too but they dont think we should be kept informed. That is the BBC for you. As previous posts have said it was a pleasure to hear an unbiased commentary on the game. Not the usual tripe from Sky and Eurosport.
Can't comment on the BBC because they did'nt even give the result.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #36 on: October 03, 2011, 08:09 PM »

Beautifully put as always Clementine. clap
Good posting!
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #37 on: October 03, 2011, 08:56 PM »

I'm sorry for resurrecting the old chestnut, but if Andy had been English, I am certain that auntie BBC would have mentioned his success in every bulletin. Witness England's defeat of Scotland in RWC.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #38 on: October 04, 2011, 12:22 AM »

We can only hope Ruthie, but he's certainly got his sights trained on that No.3 ranking.

Re Shanghai, Fed's pulled out in order to rest his various aches and pains, whilst Djokovic (back injury) and Soderling (glandular fever) are doubtful participants. Tokyo up first, though, so one tournament at a time ...
Hope you're enjoying your holiday despite the intense heat. Smile
Thanks Aileen.  Yes it's been a great holiday but tomorrow it's back to Las Vegas and the flight home to Autumn.  Can't complain about the heat - wall to wall sunshine has been wonderful (even if it meant that hiking got rather tiring at times) though today it's cloudy and had some rain.
Sounds like Andy played wonderfully - so sorry to miss the match.  It's particularly pleasing that his first serve percentage was in the 70s.  I see he's lowering expectations for Tokyo but at least he doesn't seem to be playing singles till Wednesday and will have the doubles match to get a feel for the court. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #39 on: October 04, 2011, 01:58 AM »

That's the BBC for you. If its not England winning in sport they are just not interested. We pay our TV Licence too but they dont think we should be kept informed.  As previous posts have said it was a pleasure to hear an unbiased commentary on the game. Not the usual tripe from Sky and Eurosport.
ESPN usually are a pleasure to watch and listen to, and what's more one of their main commentators, Jason Goodall (no relation to Josh), who's English, never shows any bias towards Andy.  Their picture quality is very good too.  That's why I consider my annual sub to the ATP's tennisTV, which uses ESPN for its live-stream, excellent value - and it's considerably cheaper than Sky.

I'm sorry for resurrecting the old chestnut, but if Andy had been English, I am certain that auntie BBC would have mentioned his success in every bulletin. Witness England's defeat of Scotland in RWC.
What bugged me was that BBC Scotland also didn't mention Andy's win, and I have to say they're usually good at doing this even when their London counterparts decide to overlook him.  Now Henman ... well that would have been a different matter!

Anyway please let us not rake up the English/Scottish thing again!

Thanks Aileen.  Yes it's been a great holiday but tomorrow it's back to Las Vegas and the flight home to Autumn.  Can't complain about the heat - wall to wall sunshine has been wonderful (even if it meant that hiking got rather tiring at times) though today it's cloudy and had some rain.
Sounds like Andy played wonderfully - so sorry to miss the match.  It's particularly pleasing that his first serve percentage was in the 70s.  I see he's lowering expectations for Tokyo but at least he doesn't seem to be playing singles till Wednesday and will have the doubles match to get a feel for the court.  
Andy always lowers his expectations when it comes to the bigger tournaments because he knows he's going to have tougher opponents.  But if he can keep his head and that level of serve going ...

Glad you enjoyed your holiday - but you missed a few days of wall-to-wall sunshine and record-breaking temperatures here in the UK, although I imagine they'd be cool compared to Utah!  Now we're all back to dreary old autumn. Frown  Hope Andy cheers us up this week!
IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #40 on: October 04, 2011, 02:21 PM »

So glad Andy's match didnt go so long dont want him fatigued coming into tommorrow vs Baghdatis
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #41 on: October 04, 2011, 02:56 PM »

So glad Andy's match didnt go so long dont want him fatigued coming into tommorrow vs Baghdatis
yes hard match tomorrow, where abouts in Adelaide are you from Bailey our best friends live in springfield and we visit often, love Australia.
IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #42 on: October 04, 2011, 03:03 PM »

yes hard match tomorrow, where abouts in Adelaide are you from Bailey our best friends live in springfield and we visit often, love Australia.
it's in the southern part of Australia
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #43 on: October 04, 2011, 09:31 PM »

That's the BBC for you. If its not England winning in sport they are just not interested. We pay our TV Licence too but they dont think we should be kept informed. That is the BBC for you. As previous posts have said it was a pleasure to hear an unbiased commentary on the game. Not the usual tripe from Sky and Eurosport.
Its not only the BBC, but SKY too. They flashed his win on the screen, but never mentioned Andy on the main sports news.

It's an utter disgrace, however I dont expect anything else any more. ranting
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray sprints to 19th tour title « Reply #44 on: October 05, 2011, 10:38 AM »

They didn't mention the fantastic win by the British boys in the Junior Davis Cup either - shame on them!  They seem to be much more interested in any scandal attached to sport rather than the sport itself - sad comment on our society.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »