Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray squeaks past Verdasco in thriller 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray squeaks past Verdasco in thriller

(Read 1106 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray squeaks past Verdasco in thriller « Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 12:12 PM »

Thanks for the link Ruthie.....I'm managing to see more of the match, bit by bit!  w00t Glad you had a great time! Mackem was on Centre Court and not expecting to see Andy, so he'll be well pleased! Hope he'll tell us all about it!
you can perhaps thank your lucky stars that you weren't able to watch those first two sets in real time Caz - much less stressful to watch from the safety of the rearview mirror!   Look forward to hearing from Mackem too.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray squeaks past Verdasco in thriller « Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 12:48 PM »

you can perhaps thank your lucky stars that you weren't able to watch those first two sets in real time Caz - much less stressful to watch from the safety of the rearview mirror!   Look forward to hearing from Mackem too.
My husband said that too Ruthie, but I always feel I can't send him 'the good vibes' properly, unless I can see him! Daft.....I know, but I was almost sick with anxiety Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray squeaks past Verdasco in thriller « Reply #17 on: July 04, 2013, 12:54 PM »

ah but Caz you didn't know I was on site sending him vibes for all of us  Whistle
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray squeaks past Verdasco in thriller « Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 12:55 PM »

ah but Caz you didn't know I was on site sending him vibes for all of us  Whistle
That's true! Very Happy
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray squeaks past Verdasco in thriller « Reply #19 on: July 04, 2013, 01:50 PM »

My daughter watched andys game for the first time .She called aferwards and said "never again ,it was so exhausting'   don't we know it.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray squeaks past Verdasco in thriller « Reply #20 on: July 04, 2013, 01:51 PM »

My daughter watched andys game for the first time .She called aferwards and said "never again ,it was so exhausting'   don't we know it.
  yes
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray squeaks past Verdasco in thriller « Reply #21 on: July 04, 2013, 02:27 PM »

Gr8 pic:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BORR0i9CMAIpLT9.jpg:large
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray squeaks past Verdasco in thriller « Reply #22 on: July 04, 2013, 03:55 PM »

Lovely picture.  Verdasco was so nice to Andy who seemed to be in shock.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray squeaks past Verdasco in thriller « Reply #23 on: July 04, 2013, 04:00 PM »

It is a lovely pic - who would have thought they'd been beating hell out of each other for the past 3. 5 hours?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray squeaks past Verdasco in thriller « Reply #24 on: July 04, 2013, 05:45 PM »

Fernando Verdasco has definately been added to my favourites list! I loved how he laughed with Andy, after challenging the match point which he knew was in! Thanks for the lovely pic BBH!
[ Last edit by Caz July 04, 2013, 09:35 PM ] IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray squeaks past Verdasco in thriller « Reply #25 on: July 04, 2013, 08:32 PM »

I was on the hill too Ruthie - my first ever visit to Wimbledon, and I had trouble finding a place to sit, as it was already packed out when I went there towards the end of the first set of Djoko/Berdy. I knew nobody would leave at the end of that match! I found a tiny space to sit in, up by stairs near the ticket re-sale kiosk. The extra stress of loads of people coming and going looking for somewhere to watch and getting in the way (especially at the beginning, and towards the end when the court 1 match was over), was countered by the efforts of one of the guys doing a fantastic job of moving them on, with some very funny lines!

The support for Andy was fantastic - and I had two Brits, two Americans and a french guy nearest to me!  I've just read this: "The Court No 1 fans became so absorbed with the groans and cheers coming from the giant screen on Murray Mound outside that umpire Carlos Ramos was forced to request: ‘Ladies and gentlemen, as a courtesy to both players, can you please get back to this match? Thank you".

IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray squeaks past Verdasco in thriller « Reply #26 on: July 04, 2013, 09:27 PM »

Nigel's report and Ruthie's link to the Wimbledon report made me relive the match, I could enjoy the report better than I did the real match, knowing the outcome.
Nnot sure it's done my nerves any good. Still, many thanks for the technicolour writing.
;-)
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray squeaks past Verdasco in thriller « Reply #27 on: July 04, 2013, 09:45 PM »

Some figures from wimbledon.com

10.4 million - The five-minute peak audience on BBC during the fifth set.

112.7 decibels - the roar of the crowd on the Hill when Murray served for the match at 6-5, equivalent to the noise of a rock concert.

9,000  - the peak of tweets per minute during Andy Murray's win. That's over 150 per second.

196,000  - the total number of mentions for Andy Murray over a 24 hour period, with 87% positive support.

IP Logged
bubbles80
Satellite Level

Re: Murray squeaks past Verdasco in thriller « Reply #28 on: July 04, 2013, 10:25 PM »

caption compertition =
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray squeaks past Verdasco in thriller « Reply #29 on: July 05, 2013, 03:25 AM »

That's brilliant.  I've rapidly warmed to Fernando who I used to think was a bit of a bad-tempered lout on court (although very sexy off it. Whistle)
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »