Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray staggers past Lopez 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray staggers past Lopez

(Read 2643 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray staggers past Lopez « Reply #45 on: September 02, 2012, 02:30 PM »

Hello, ak400.

lol. You sound as if you care.
IP Logged
peRFection
Re: Murray staggers past Lopez « Reply #46 on: September 02, 2012, 04:10 PM »

If the match is on Ashe it gives Murray a chance for sure with the slower courts but then again Raonic has beaten Murray in clay so we will see how it goes!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray staggers past Lopez « Reply #47 on: September 02, 2012, 04:37 PM »

I've banned his IP, hopefully that'll give us a break for a bit.

This one does sound very much like AK.

yawn
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray staggers past Lopez « Reply #48 on: September 02, 2012, 04:39 PM »

Well done Mark, he had already become irritating.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray staggers past Lopez « Reply #49 on: September 02, 2012, 04:43 PM »

I've not watched the match but will catch the rerun today. From the sounds of it, it was an absolute grind in the heat but the main thing is that Andy pulled through.

How many times has the likes of Rafa, Fed and Djokovic pulled through when it looked like they were going to be beaten in slams? Every top player will most likely have to play 1 tricky match when they're often taken to the brink of elimination and they get through and then go on to win the tournament.
I Agree, all the top 3 have struggled at one time or another and gone on to win, and that's what our Andys going to do.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Murray staggers past Lopez « Reply #50 on: September 02, 2012, 05:49 PM »

F-Lo played exceedingly well yesterday (18 aces and 68 winners!!!) so no wonder Andy had a tough match - plus then the heat as well. It's just great he came through.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray staggers past Lopez « Reply #51 on: September 02, 2012, 08:57 PM »

yawn
Thanks Mark.  Seems he never learns. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Murray staggers past Lopez « Reply #52 on: September 02, 2012, 09:28 PM »

Thanks from me as well. Given the number of Fed sites, it actually comes over as quite sad that they feel the need to come on here and try to bait people.

yawn
[ Last edit by Mark September 02, 2012, 09:46 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray staggers past Lopez « Reply #53 on: September 03, 2012, 01:05 AM »

I entirely agree with the red hair bit.  I am a red head with fair skin and the heat + humidity absolutely kills me.  When I was a child I lived in Singapore (very high humidity) and was apparently very miserable but when we lived in Egypt I was fine as it is a dry heat.  It could be nature as we tend to burn very easily. 
I think it must be the humidity, or maybe the combination of both, that gets to Andy, because he's usually OK with the heat in Oz, which is a dry heat.

I do remember Andy having a mild heat injury at Cincy one year and then could not cope with the heat at USO either.  It is not always because you not drink enough.
Yes, that was in the Cincy QF against Fish, but Andy had been playing earlier matches in the heat (in Toronto as well, as I recall) and a request for an evening match was refused because Fish was playing doubles later.  Unfortunately I don't think Andy took the break he should have done afterwards and so was affected again at the USO.  Heat exhaustion can be serious and I think Andy under-estimated that fact.

I've now read the BBC report and thought it was very grudging.  Yes at one level Andy was unconvincing in that it was more of a struggle than it needed to be.  But they give him insufficient credit for hanging on in there and finding inspiration at key moments in the match against a for the large part inspired opponent. 
The BBC report really made me angry.  What short memories their reporters must have!  They seem to have completely forgotten about Andy's gold medal, and the silver too (oh they were all over him like a rash then) and the fact that in playing and winning for his country he was not only tiring himself out by foregoing a decent break but also that he missed his usual acclimatisation period in Miami.     

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray staggers past Lopez « Reply #54 on: September 03, 2012, 01:30 AM »

yawn

Look, that was very plucky of you!  What gave it away? lol
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray staggers past Lopez « Reply #55 on: September 03, 2012, 05:31 PM »

Yay!!!!!!!!
My internet is back to normal...
now i can access this site in peace yay
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray staggers past Lopez « Reply #56 on: September 03, 2012, 09:19 PM »

yawn

Loved it, Mark. I see you've banned William Holden as well. Maybe you can take a look at Ghostbuster as all. He has never said one positive word about Andy and is always here whenever Andy is in trouble. He was here in his last match against Lopez as well and was waiting for an upset and to say how pathetic Andy was, but obviously he didn't get a chance and left after the match. Just keep an eye on him though I suspect after my this post he may be a bit careful.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »