Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray storms into semis after epic comeback 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray storms into semis after epic comeback

(Read 2133 times)
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray storms into semis after epic comeback « Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 10:04 PM »

Just got to read it now. Good job Luke!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray storms into semis after epic comeback « Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 10:11 PM »

Brilliant from Andy! Gutted I haven't been able to watch any of the matches.
Really? How awful! On holiday?
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray storms into semis after epic comeback « Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 10:47 PM »

Does anyone share my view that the crowd might get behind Andy more than Berdych in the semi? I think they might, what with Andy being a former finalist, and then getting to the Wimbledon final this year, and then of course the Olympics gold. There seems to be real warmth towards him in the US. Once Armstrong had filled up last night, although it took long enough, a lot of the crowd were rooting for Andy.

I agree tj - I think the crowd will be behind Andy.  I read an article yesterday saying that, while Andy has always been popular in the US, since Wimbledon and the Olympics he is the Americans' darling and the crowd wasn't exactly pro Berdych yesterday. 
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray storms into semis after epic comeback « Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 10:52 PM »

I agree tj - I think the crowd will be behind Andy.  I read an article yesterday saying that, while Andy has always been popular in the US, since Wimbledon and the Olympics he is the Americans' darling and the crowd wasn't exactly pro Berdych yesterday. 

I read the same article to be honest, but it struck me last night how much, when Armstrong eventually filled, the crowd got behind Andy. I think it could be a factor in the match that will help Andy.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray storms into semis after epic comeback « Reply #34 on: September 07, 2012, 06:33 AM »

I have just read that article.  The crowd will surely be behind Andy on Saturday as the Americans love him.

I also saw a headline of him with Mats Wilander where he says he was lucky to get to the SF.  There may have been a little bit of that but to me it was purely down to true grit, determination and that incredible talent. Unfortunately the video is not working as I would liked to heard what else he had to say.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray storms into semis after epic comeback « Reply #35 on: September 07, 2012, 06:38 AM »

I have just read that article.  The crowd will surely be behind Andy on Saturday as the Americans love him.

I also saw a headline of him with Mats Wilander where he says he was lucky to get to the SF.  There may have been a little bit of that but to me it was purely down to true grit, determination and that incredible talent. Unfortunately the video is not working as I would liked to heard what else he had to say.
Just watched that video you mentioned, it's working now. He will be well prepared for the Berdy match of that we can be sure, mentally, physically and strategically.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray storms into semis after epic comeback « Reply #36 on: September 07, 2012, 02:42 PM »

God, all the papers were stuck in Roger's match....hardly anything was written about Andy....
Not fair.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »