Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray strolls past wounded Simon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray strolls past wounded Simon

(Read 1939 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 05:50 PM »

Managed to keep my eyes open to watch.
Not exactly exciting stuff but expected result.
Job done, and kudos to Gilles for turning up.
Next..
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 06:18 PM »

Andy's celebration is always classy. None of the Djokovic circus celebration and short ripping.
I saw him rip his shirt, but missed the shorts <g>
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 07:05 PM »

Andy's celebration is always classy. None of the Djokovic circus celebration and short ripping.

Short ripping? Now that would be a new one w00t.

I'm sorry, it was there, staring at me and I couldn't resist  Wink
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 07:52 PM »

Short ripping...where? where? bolt
Wink
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 08:04 PM »

It really pisses me off and I'm normally ...infact I am a chilled guy but Simon gets all the accolades for turning up after a marathon match in wich he loses albeit a gallant loser........
Replace Simon with Andy....do you think he would receive the same accolades as Simon......doubt it.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 08:17 PM »

It really pisses me off and I'm normally ...infact I am a chilled guy but Simon gets all the accolades for turning up after a marathon match in wich he loses albeit a gallant loser........
Replace Simon with Andy....do you think he would receive the same accolades as Simon......doubt it.
First day back on the grind, eh?
C'mere.  bigarmhug
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 08:20 PM »

Yeah.....sorry Embarassed
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 08:22 PM »

'S'okay.. it's me. hug
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 08:58 PM »

Do you know what Robbie, I agree with you.  I kept saying to the comms and myself the guy obviously needs to get fitter, 5 setters in a slam is not unusual.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 11:06 PM »

To be honest, Robbie does have a point.

It seems almost funny now, but remember all the stick Andy used to get years ago for not being fit? He put the work in and got fit, and now look at him.

That said, I think what people respected with Simon today was that he turned up and tried, knowing he was likely to lose anyway, and even more likely to lose because he was shattered. That's respectful to the game, the tournament, and to Andy in a sense.

It is right to say that five set matches aren't unusual, but it is hard to judge one match over another. Some opponents will make you run, force you to keep playing one more shot, play long rallies and such. Others will have quick points, be reliant on the serve and such and won't be physical in the same way.

What I do think is that this shows that the top four are pretty much in a league of their own when it comes to fitness. They have raised the bar so high, and there is no doubt that Andy has been very much a part of that.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 11:31 PM »

Nothing wrong with him celebrating like that once a year,
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 11:36 PM »

Nothing wrong with him celebrating like that once a year,
Agreed!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #27 on: January 22, 2013, 12:13 AM »

I agree Robbie.  I'm also rather peed off at reading in the press how wonderful Djoko is in managing to pull off the five set win against Stan.  If that had been Andy the papers would have put quite a different spin on it - I can just see the headline ........... 'Mediocre Murray survives Scary Stan'.  It seems there's one rule for Andy and another for everyone else!
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #28 on: January 22, 2013, 06:50 AM »

Totally agree. Have looked at the matches and they were all up against similar seeded opponents. Raonic-13, Simon-14, Stan-15 and Kei-16. If you look at the results it seems Nole had a very topugh one.  Both Ferrer and Andy were playing injured or tired opponents. I also believe that Raonic was nursing an injury.  Why have the press not mentioned this only that Andy had a tired and possibly injured opponent.  I give up.  They seem to be even more mesmerised by Smugfed this year and once again he has the evening slot.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #29 on: January 22, 2013, 09:02 AM »

I'm incensed this morning. Andy, assuming he gets through Chardy, which I think he will, will have to play his first night match in the semi's! I think it's outrageous. Can Andy help the draw he has had? Can he help the fact that Delpo is overrated?

I would agree with the point about how that fourth round match would have been reported if Andy had been playing Wawrinka, not just by the press mind, but by the comms. Andy would have been the 'lucky' winner. How Djokovic can be treated like a conquering hero, when frankly he played like a girl in the first set, thinking that Stan was going to give it to him, is beyond me. Good on him for fighting back and all that, but I think Stan deserves respect for fighting, well, until the fifth when he wasn't aggressive enough on the return.

Sick of hearing about Andy not playing his best too. He's yet to drop a set, he must be doing something right. Sure, his timing has been a bit off, but I still think it will come, and then Smugfed had better watch out.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »