Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray strolls past wounded Simon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray strolls past wounded Simon

(Read 2008 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #30 on: January 22, 2013, 09:05 AM »

Almost 4 games in to Djokovic/Berdych and I already want to thump Wilander. Shut the hell up about Federer when he isn't on the bloody court!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #31 on: January 22, 2013, 09:52 AM »

Almost 4 games in to Djokovic/Berdych and I already want to thump Wilander. Shut the hell up about Federer when he isn't on the bloody court!
Me too. Going on about how Fed played against Milos R, broke his serve, returned etc. Andy did that at the US Open, no mention of that. However to give Max W his due last night he defended Andy and said he was happy with how he is playing and will step up his level when he needed to. But usually I could throttle the man and his worship of Fed.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 10:07 AM »

I noticed that Andy forgot to put his watch on after the match and during his on court interview.  I assume Rado won't be too pleased.  Obviously it isn't something that comes naturally to Andy, unlike the F1 boys.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #33 on: January 22, 2013, 10:12 AM »

TJ I am also fed up with Wilander and his comments on how 'does he do it at full stretch'. Nole that is.  He seems to be hero worshipping Fed and Nole.  It was not long ago he was all over Andy.  Great Berdych has taken a set off Nole.  I do like Berdych very much but would love to see him beat Nole or at least take it to 5.  I could certainly by very rude aboput the media and comms. hero worship of Fed.  He is a great player but does not deserve such adoration.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #34 on: January 22, 2013, 11:24 AM »

I noticed that Andy forgot to put his watch on after the match and during his on court interview.  I assume Rado won't be too pleased.  Obviously it isn't something that comes naturally to Andy, unlike the F1 boys.

Andy can put the watch on, assuming he finds it quickly this time lol, just before he lifts the trophy on Sunday. Save the best until last, that's my motto.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #35 on: January 22, 2013, 11:30 AM »

TJ I am also fed up with Wilander and his comments on how 'does he do it at full stretch'. Nole that is.  He seems to be hero worshipping Fed and Nole.  It was not long ago he was all over Andy.  Great Berdych has taken a set off Nole.  I do like Berdych very much but would love to see him beat Nole or at least take it to 5.  I could certainly by very rude aboput the media and comms. hero worship of Fed.  He is a great player but does not deserve such adoration.

I have to admit sometimes I think Wilander is a bit creepy in his commentaries. I often feel like I need a bath after he stops talking.

Ah well, Berdych. He fought for a while, but I honestly think he's frightened of Djokovic. I get the idea of match ups, sometimes a players style suits one opponent more than others, but Berdych is such a wet lettuce leaf when it comes to Djokovic, at least over a whole match. Once he got the second set today he should have kept coming at Djokovic, but he didn't. Shame really.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Murray strolls past wounded Simon « Reply #36 on: January 22, 2013, 10:45 PM »

Sick of hearing about Andy not playing his best too. He's yet to drop a set, he must be doing something right.

Don't they always say that if you play average and still win in straights then that's the sign of a top player?  He's made a habit of playing his way into slams recently.  What's the point in busting your balls in the first week if you don't have to?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »