Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray stutters past Stan 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray stutters past Stan

(Read 1340 times)
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray stutters past Stan « Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 03:39 PM »

Does anyone know how the guy Andy was playing yesterday had a bad wrist, then played doubles today!!  and does that mean when Andy wins he dosnt get the full 1000 points?  confused
No it doesn't...
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Murray stutters past Stan « Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 04:20 PM »

Great Andy wins dont mind how, Nadal out so go Andy. Does anyone know how the guy Andy was playing yesterday had a bad wrist, then played doubles today!!  and does that mean when Andy wins he dosnt get the full 1000 points?  confused
Tursonov (SP) had a thigh injury and not wrist as we thought, but guess it got better overnight.  Haha probably figured that Andy would make his injury worse and then he wouldn't be able to play doubles match.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Murray stutters past Stan « Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 04:25 PM »

I missed Andy's match, tried to figure the time off the UK time and just didn't work, so glad everyone was in here sending him good vibes.  Fortunately, I jumped up and put on my DVR so if the match is replayed this afternoon I may get it.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray stutters past Stan « Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 05:14 PM »

No it doesn't...
Thanks Allan, phew glad about that!!
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray stutters past Stan « Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 05:15 PM »

I missed Andy's match, tried to figure the time off the UK time and just didn't work, so glad everyone was in here sending him good vibes.  Fortunately, I jumped up and put on my DVR so if the match is replayed this afternoon I may get it.
Shame about that Apollo. Hope you get the recording of it. New opportunity tomorrow!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray stutters past Stan « Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 05:17 PM »

Tursonov (SP) had a thigh injury and not wrist as we thought, but guess it got better overnight.  Haha probably figured that Andy would make his injury worse and then he wouldn't be able to play doubles match.
Yes your right Apollo, very quick recovery !! still who cares as long as  Andy wins yay
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray stutters past Stan « Reply #21 on: October 13, 2011, 05:22 PM »

The ATP article said it was his wrist, of course there acn be confusion at times, but whaterver it was, it disappeared quickly.  Rolling Eyes
Bad for him as he lost the dubs too.  w00t
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray stutters past Stan « Reply #22 on: October 13, 2011, 06:11 PM »

The ATP article said it was his wrist, of course there acn be confusion at times, but whaterver it was, it disappeared quickly.  Rolling Eyes
Bad for him as he lost the dubs too.  w00t
Good! Serves him right!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray stutters past Stan « Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 06:25 PM »

Glad to see you're in your usual positive mood Boogers - do you ever see a glass half full?

Andy played some very good stuff today - sure there were peaks and troughs but given a first match, tricky opponent, change of  surface, different balls and a closed roof etc. etc. I reckon - unlike you - Andy will be well pleased with his performance. 

Perhaps he decided he wanted some match practice and thought he would have some fun with his detractors by taking it to three!!!!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray stutters past Stan « Reply #24 on: October 13, 2011, 06:30 PM »

You'll have to let me know where in USA you are and we could try and incorporate more time zones in threads (if we remember old ) I know NY is 5 hours behind UK.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray stutters past Stan « Reply #25 on: October 13, 2011, 06:35 PM »

Good report, Phil. As ever mixing negatives along with positives.

There is no doubt that Brad Gilbert would have been proud of Andy. It was a fairly ugly win. However, don't forget that in Tokyo he had a difficult first match against Marcos Baghdatis and from then on it was win after win.

Andy to retain his Shanghai Masters title.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray stutters past Stan « Reply #26 on: October 13, 2011, 07:01 PM »

Re Tursunov's "injury" - first of all it was reported to be his right thigh, then it became his wrist, and then lo and behold he's able to play doubles today.

I'm prepared to concede that wherever it was there was problem although probably little more than a twinge, but still find it odd that he apparently waited until an hour after the match was scheduled to be played before informing the organisers that he would withdraw. 
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray stutters past Stan « Reply #27 on: October 13, 2011, 07:05 PM »

Anyone else having trouble accessing the ATP site today?
IP Logged
Lejla Federer

I love Andy, and Andy loves me!

Re: Murray stutters past Stan « Reply #28 on: October 13, 2011, 08:18 PM »

yay  clap congrats dear  wub good luck for next matches that you're going to play  hug
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Murray stutters past Stan « Reply #29 on: October 13, 2011, 08:37 PM »

Glad to see you're in your usual positive mood Boogers - do you ever see a glass half full?

I think there's a clear difference between the tone of my match reports and the tone of my pessimism and bile filled during-the-match forum posts.

I always try to be fair with my match reports and give an honest appraisal. The match was ugly, Murray wasn't playing well but he did win. What do you want me to do? Write a report with no connection to reality?

Winning ugly isn't a bad thing. Sometimes players have bad days, and the ability to fight through that and find a way to win is what separates the likes of Murray from the hot and cold wannabes like Soderling.

Good report, Phil. As ever mixing negatives along with positives.

There is no doubt that Brad Gilbert would have been proud of Andy. It was a fairly ugly win. However, don't forget that in Tokyo he had a difficult first match against Marcos Baghdatis and from then on it was win after win.

Andy to retain his Shanghai Masters title.

Thank you. Sometimes a sticky early match is a good thing. And yes - I'd be disappointed if he didn't retain the title (and kick Fed into fourth spot).
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »