Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray stutters past Stan 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray stutters past Stan

(Read 1525 times)
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray stutters past Stan « Reply #30 on: October 13, 2011, 08:40 PM »

I missed Andy's match, tried to figure the time off the UK time and just didn't work, so glad everyone was in here sending him good vibes.  Fortunately, I jumped up and put on my DVR so if the match is replayed this afternoon I may get it.

Hi Apollo,
this web site is the answer to your timing problems;

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray stutters past Stan « Reply #31 on: October 14, 2011, 12:39 PM »

Anyone else having trouble accessing the ATP site today?

It's now back to normal
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray stutters past Stan « Reply #32 on: October 14, 2011, 12:51 PM »

I always try to be fair with my match reports and give an honest appraisal. The match was ugly, Murray wasn't playing well but he did win. What do you want me to do? Write a report with no connection to reality?

Winning ugly isn't a bad thing. Sometimes players have bad days, and the ability to fight through that and find a way to win is what separates the likes of Murray from the hot and cold wannabes like Soderling.

I don't doubt that your report was your honest appraisal of the match Boogers.  I just look at things differently i.e. I think Andy did play well for a large proportion of the match - I don't think he had a bad day - just patches where he mistimed his shots.  IMO the result of the match was never in doubt.  

I don't think either of us are wrong in our appraisal - we just look at things differently.  I drive my husband mad because I always see the glass half full whereas he drives me nuts because he is such a pessimist - he says he's just a realist.  Perhaps I should introduce the two of you - you're bound to see eye to eye!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »