Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray suffers second round exit 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray suffers second round exit  (Read 1433 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray suffers second round exit « Reply #60 on: January 02, 2014, 10:27 AM »

I guess that is to be expected after such a long lay off. Just pleased he has no injuries that is the main thing.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray suffers second round exit « Reply #61 on: January 02, 2014, 12:30 PM »

"I am stiff and sore but that's to be expected," said Murray. "It's more the joints rather than muscles. I have to get used to changing direction and playing at this level again.
"I didn't have high expectations because I have not had many matches. I was playing well and moving well at the beginning. I lost two matches but got through without any niggles or injuries."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/25568166
These are the most important parts of his statement for me too. Smile

Andy's comments are great to hear.Great that he says he had no niggles or injuries. His loss was just down to being tired and sore.
And the fact that his opponent suddenly began producing the best tennis of his career.  Even if Andy had been 100% fit I think he would have won but with a bit of a fight.

Anyway let's get things into perspective - we're at the QF stage and only two of the eight seeds have survived, and both Nadal and Gulbis dropped a set against players ranked Nos. 74 and 72 respectively.  Should make for an interesting final though.  I'd like to see Monfils make it.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray suffers second round exit « Reply #62 on: January 02, 2014, 12:45 PM »

Me to Aileen.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray suffers second round exit « Reply #63 on: January 02, 2014, 02:48 PM »

I agree too Aileen!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray suffers second round exit « Reply #64 on: January 02, 2014, 05:28 PM »

There's a little more at
http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=95208

Links to other transcripts there as well
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray suffers second round exit « Reply #65 on: January 02, 2014, 05:40 PM »

There's a little more at

Thank the lord that Andy is more positive than some of his so-called fans.    If he had the defeatist attitude on show here from time to time, he would never have won anything.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Murray suffers second round exit « Reply #66 on: January 02, 2014, 05:44 PM »

Thank the lord that Andy is more positive than some of his so-called fans.    If he had the defeatist attitude on show here from time to time, he would never have won anything.
You have that dead on.  I for one was a non believer at times... clap
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Murray suffers second round exit « Reply #67 on: January 02, 2014, 05:48 PM »

You have that dead on.  I for one was a non believer at times... clap
But I told you Elly. yes many years ago
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray suffers second round exit « Reply #68 on: January 02, 2014, 06:00 PM »

You have that dead on.  I for one was a non believer at times... clap
Don't I remember it! Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Murray suffers second round exit « Reply #69 on: January 02, 2014, 06:02 PM »

Don't I remember it! Rolling Eyes
Only you would know that.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray suffers second round exit « Reply #70 on: January 02, 2014, 07:03 PM »

I agree some on MW are pathetic. If you join the forum you should have a positive attitude towards Andy if not don't join. I think that is plain enough.
IP Logged
myren

Re: Murray suffers second round exit « Reply #71 on: January 02, 2014, 07:50 PM »

There's a little more at

Thank you for posting the link to ASAP article Elena.

My favourite quote from Andy -"You know, today was a good day for me."

Shows where he is not just physically but also mentally.  Encouraging. 

Looking forward to 2014 season think we're going to have fun.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray suffers second round exit « Reply #72 on: January 02, 2014, 08:03 PM »

"today was a good day for me"  Well if it was good for you Andy then I for one am not complaining.  Its just good to have you back.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Murray suffers second round exit « Reply #73 on: January 02, 2014, 08:32 PM »

But I told you Elly. yes many years ago
You did indeed, sweetie,  hug x
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray suffers second round exit « Reply #74 on: January 03, 2014, 12:31 PM »

@Iluvandy Couldn't have said it better he has a great attitude. Perhaps some of the people who rubbish him could learn from his example.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply