Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray survives scare in Japan Open 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray survives scare in Japan Open

(Read 1121 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray survives scare in Japan Open « on: October 05, 2011, 12:52 PM »

Andy Murray managed to come back from a break down in the deciding set to beat Marcos Baghdatis in the opening round of the Japan Open.

Baghdatis led 3-1 in the third set but Murray fought back to take the match 7-6 (7-4) 2-6 6-4.

He played well under the conditions. It took me longer to find the range. The hardest thing for me always is changing from playing outdoors to indoors.

It was very tough, it was very long, I did a lot of running in the first two sets.

He is a tough guy to play against. He has a big serve. He can hurt you in many ways on the court
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray survives scare in Japan Open « Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 12:58 PM »

Thanks for the report Mark. Forgot that Tokyo was an outdoor event, so well done to Andy on getting the win.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray survives scare in Japan Open « Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 01:00 PM »

Good report. Well done Andy.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray survives scare in Japan Open « Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 01:27 PM »

Well done Andy,keep it going
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray survives scare in Japan Open « Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 03:05 PM »

Thanks, Mark & Well done, Andy!!!    yay
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray survives scare in Japan Open « Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 03:09 PM »

Good report.
Thanks - took me many hours to write.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray survives scare in Japan Open « Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 03:12 PM »

Personally, I think it was a bit of an essay. I mean, two sentences then some quotes?
TL,DR.
IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: Murray survives scare in Japan Open « Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 03:18 PM »

I thought the Thailand open was the outdoor one cos some of the spectators' banners were blowing about.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray survives scare in Japan Open « Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 04:27 PM »

Well done Mark! You managed to spell everything correctly! w00t
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray survives scare in Japan Open « Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 04:31 PM »

I could only see the Live scores on the ATP website (at work) and read in horror the frantic comments from desperate MW fans!
In true Muzza style we were put on the torture rack again, however, he came good and won another rolllercoaster match. Phew!

Did the doubles drain him a bit, as Joe (and myself) was questioning yesterday?

"Murray survives scare" is the spot-on! nervous shocking

Finally, well done Andy.
[ Last edit by lashurst October 05, 2011, 04:43 PM ] IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray survives scare in Japan Open « Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 04:36 PM »

I thought the Thailand open was the outdoor one cos some of the spectators' banners were blowing about.

Patsy.....Thailand is an indoor event and Tokyo is outdoor.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray survives scare in Japan Open « Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 05:01 PM »

I think that little "scare" keeps him on his toe's as much as it does us.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Murray survives scare in Japan Open « Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 05:09 PM »

Woo Hoo well done Andy!!  Went to Murray's World on my cell phone as I got up this morning for work and didn't see any scores and wondered what was going on.  I have to figure out how to log in on my phone.

Tough matches ready you for the next match.  It gives you the confidence to know that you got through it.  It sure is tough on fans though, especially if you have to watch on the live updates.  Is he playing doubles today too??
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray survives scare in Japan Open « Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 08:33 PM »

Thanks Mark, well done Andy, thought it would be tough. clap
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray survives scare in Japan Open « Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 01:13 AM »

Eyebrow raise.  I wonder which came first beeb or MW? Whistle  Scarily similar. Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »