Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Somdev Devvarman, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray swats Sousa aside 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray swats Sousa aside

(Read 1990 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray swats Sousa aside « Reply #30 on: January 18, 2013, 11:01 PM »

The good thing is Andy was far from his A game and still destroyed his opponent.
The good thing is Andy was far from his A game and still destroyed his opponent.

I didn't think Andy was that far away from his A game. He essentially did what needed to be done, but he looks to me to be raising his level nicely.

The thing I think is great is that the first couple of matches have been quick. If he gets through Berankis quickly he should have plenty in the tank next week when he needs it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray swats Sousa aside « Reply #31 on: January 19, 2013, 02:53 AM »

I think we have to allow Kev his little journalistic flourishes Aileen - I'm sure Andy's Boys won't mind and after all Glee is a v popular programme. 

Good for Andy defending the players against Rochus.  Unless he has proof he shouldn't make such remarks.

Liked this line from the DT piece: Then he came into his press conference wearing a T-shirt with the legend “Prepare, Attack, Destroy”. Which is exactly how he goes about his tennis these days.
I wonder if Mr L gave him that t shirt as a little reminder of how he wants him to play day in day out  Whistle
Se we could have Andy the Terminator then? Very Happy

Christophe, not to be confused with his younger brother Olivier who is currently on the circuit.

What disgraceful claims to make with absolutely nothing to back it up. I wonder if Murray could make a claim for libel.
I just saw the surname.  Forgot about Cristophe.  Stupid man.

I doubt Andy could make a claim for libel as he isn't mentioned specifically, but then I don't know how far being named by implication would stand up under English law.

However I can't see the ITF being too impressed with this statement, and it's possible they could call on Rochus to explain himself -

Rochus ... suggested that the authorities might as well give up and legalise performance-enhancing drugs.

“There’s a lot of cheating,” he said. “Simply, people don’t like to talk about it. I simply would like to stop the pretending. This hypocrisy is exasperating.”

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray swats Sousa aside « Reply #32 on: January 19, 2013, 11:06 AM »

Aileen, I wondered if Christophe Rochus could have to answer charges (for want of a better word) of bringing the game into disrepute. Apparently there is such an offence that can lead to disciplinary action. I only know that because John Lloyd was furious over Karlovic shouting his mouth off at Wimbledon over the foot faults thing. JL thought Karlovic should have been disciplined for bringing the game into disrepute because of his wild allegations.
[ Last edit by teejay1 January 19, 2013, 11:13 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »