Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Somdev Devvarman, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis

(Read 3012 times)
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 08:47 PM »

Think you need to get real here.
I doubt  he had much say in this - it looks like a global year-long campaign driven by adidas. Can just see the ballyhoo of the media if it looks like he's not agreeing to get involved in London.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 09:08 PM »

Andy Murray... damned if you do, and damned if you don't....
Rest up and look forward to seeing you fully fighting fit next year.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 10:12 PM »

Boris certainly wasn't impressed with Murray's decision to withdraw.  Reading between the lines, I guess he thinks Andy's more concerned with being fit for Australia than competing in London and more or less suggested he's a wimp.  I'm curious why he would like to see the doctor's report.

Like it not, that sure was a master class from Federer.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #18 on: November 22, 2011, 10:24 PM »

Boris certainly wasn't impressed with Murray's decision to withdraw.  Reading between the lines, I guess he thinks Andy's more concerned with being fit for Australia than competing in London and more or less suggested he's a wimp.  I'm curious why he would like to see the doctor's report.

Like it not, that sure was a master class from Federer.

Didn't watch tonight's match, but I just don't get Boris sometimes. What is he suspicious of here? Does he really think Andy would withdraw in one of the biggest events of the year when his No 3 spot is at stake?
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #19 on: November 22, 2011, 10:26 PM »

Isn't Boris is an ambassador for tourney title sponsors Barclays? So maybe he's being told to view that opinion. Think
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 10:29 PM »

Didn't watch tonight's match, but I just don't get Boris sometimes. What is he suspicious of here? Does he really think Andy would withdraw in one of the biggest events of the year when his No 3 spot is at stake?

Boris is part of an inner circle.  He intimated that Fish will withdraw and allow Almagro to play and then said that he'd only heard rumours.  Make of it what you will with regards to his comments about Murray.  Boris "knows" more than Joe Public does, that's for sure.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 11:01 PM »

What Andy says...

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/2011/11-Finals/Tuesday-22/London-2011-Finals-Tuesday-Interview-Murray.aspx
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #22 on: November 22, 2011, 11:58 PM »

Andy Murray... damned if you do, and damned if you don't....
Rest up and look forward to seeing you fully fighting fit next year.

So true Rolling Eyes  Didn't see anyone spit the dummy when Fedex rested up for 6 weeks after USO Whistle

Going to be a long time to 1st January but I'll grab a video or 2 to satisfy my cravings.

On a side note, hubby is pleased not to have anymore disrupted sleep this week/year Eyebrow raise.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 03:02 AM »

Thanks Mark, that was fun  .....  except for his getting injured that day.   fool  Overdoing practice sometimes, or just not recovered properly from having something out of whack before. It's difficult to get it all just right and very disappointing when the bod lets you down just when you need it the most!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #24 on: November 23, 2011, 06:25 AM »

Sure.........A 'masterclass' from smugface against an ailing opponent! I'm beginning to think Boris is a total numpty!
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #25 on: November 23, 2011, 08:16 AM »

I thought Boris's comments were completely out of order.
When has a doctor or physio ever come on to give their diagnosis? We haven't had Djokovic's doctor on explaining about his shoulder and why he pulled out of a tournament; nor someone to question as to whether Nadal really is 'an ailing opponent'

[Edit - added] He then went on to say that he would have played - got through the pain barrier for such a prestigous tournament blah - and that he would then have the next six weeks when the tour has ended to recuperate etc blah
Of course, nobody picked up the flaw in his argument - namely that Andy uses this time off for his training block for the foundation of next year. Being less than 100% then could really disrupt this]
[ Last edit by matchpoint November 23, 2011, 08:41 AM ] IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #26 on: November 23, 2011, 09:41 AM »

I switched off when Boris started to talk as soon as I hear him mention Andy, as I know it will be all negative and kicking him when he is down. Maybe Boris says those things about Andy to feel like one of the boys, as all of them like to put him down. If he had continued to play injured and lost all his matches, they would not put it down to loosing due to the injury it would just be, Murray battered out of WTF etc. They can all go and kiss Andy's arse!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #27 on: November 23, 2011, 10:04 AM »

Sure.........A 'masterclass' from smugface against an ailing opponent! I'm beginning to think Boris is a total numpty!
Exactly!! and as Alis said we all know were Boris keeps his brains!!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #28 on: November 23, 2011, 10:14 AM »

I switched off when Boris started to talk as soon as I hear him mention Andy, as I know it will be all negative and kicking him when he is down. Maybe Boris says those things about Andy to feel like one of the boys, as all of them like to put him down. If he had continued to play injured and lost all his matches, they would not put it down to loosing due to the injury it would just be, Murray battered out of WTF etc. They can all go and kiss Andy's arse!
Well said, exactly what they would say. Hope Andy goes away gets fit again, i think he will have an amazing 2012, i hope all his dreams come true, and we will behind him every step of the way.
IP Logged
araminta
Futures Level

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #29 on: November 23, 2011, 01:29 PM »

There would have been no point in carrying on. Didnt he aggravate his wrist playing Davis cup under loads of pressure and hinder his career for some time? I wish they would give the poor boy a break.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »