Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis

(Read 2791 times)
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #45 on: November 24, 2011, 03:13 AM »

clap Mark, thanks for giving us a laugh on a miserable November evening. It cheered me up.

I just love Andys smile and laughter, it's boyish and genuine.
Thanks Mark, I too love Andy's smile and the different faces he makes.  But somehow, I don't think this ad did damage to his groin.  It wasn't that strenuous..
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #46 on: November 24, 2011, 07:00 AM »

Did Andy actually say that's when he hurt himself or are some people just assuming that's when it happened? 'Coz he sure didn't look hurt to me at the end of that video! I doubt he spent the whole day there, so he may well have done some training that day too!! However........if that is when it happened.........so what? Tennis is his career....his job!  He has to have a life outside of that too! Those of you who think he shouldn't do anything but play tennis or train, are being incredibly selfish! I suggest you 'get a life' yourselves!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #47 on: November 24, 2011, 09:03 AM »

Did Andy actually say that's when he hurt himself or are some people just assuming that's when it happened? 'Coz he sure didn't look hurt to me at the end of that video! I doubt he spent the whole day there, so he may well have done some training that day too!! However........if that is when it happened.........so what? Tennis is his career....his job!  He has to have a life outside of that too! Those of you who think he shouldn't do anything but play tennis or train, are being incredibly selfish! I suggest you 'get a life' yourselves!
Andy said he got the injury during practise not during the road tennis. He has said that quite a few times, also he disobeyed the doctor by playing against Ferrer.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #48 on: November 24, 2011, 09:32 AM »

Andy has said he picked up the injury during training - why do some of you feel you have to question that?  Echoes of Becker and Croft here!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #49 on: November 24, 2011, 10:48 AM »

Watched the Fed/Nadal match last night with the sound turned off.  Couldn't take all the fawning over Fed it really was sickening stuff.  I just wish the TV companies would employ commentators who actually enjoy the tennis they watch and not a bunch of over the hill 'wannabes' who are not fit to tie Andy's shoelaces.  Andy has always tried to play through his injuries which is not always a sensible thing to do but did it because he didn't want to let people down therefore for idiots and hasbeens like Becker and Croft to talk of Doctors reports etc. is not only extremely disrepectful it is grossly insulting to both Andy and his team.  We should ask them to elaborate on their comments or apologise publicly. 
Hopefully Andy will retain his number 3 spot which was one of his goals for this year and have a good break away from tennis and the pressures it brings.  I am really looking forward to 2012 and in particular the AO as I have said before this is the one Andy will win.
Quite so, how dare they even think that Andy would lie and pull out of something so important!! they make me sick, i dont ever hear them question Djoko, he has his shoulder strapped does that mean he has an injury? has a Doctor said so !!!, if thats the case all of the tennis players should have to prove they have genuine injuries , then precent them to the sky commentators!!!  its a very good idea to watch with the sound down !!
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #50 on: November 25, 2011, 03:13 PM »

Come on people! Andy could slip walking the dogs and injure himself he still has to live his life we cannot wrap him in cotton wool.  If and it is only if he injured himself having fun with David Haye etc thats life no one died its disappointing and frustrating if the Fed steals the no 3 spot back but Andy has to have a life and will be a better player if he does.

I was at the O2 yesterday yelling at the top of my voice for Mardy but unfortunately it didnt work. I have to say though didnt think the Fed played that well and he looked bored his body language was appalling and frankly disrespectful to both Mardy and us Fans (thats tennis fans not Fed fans)

Not surprised about the comments Nadal has made this morning about loss of passion for the game it was obvious last night. Not to take anything away from Jo-Wilfred who played great and was fantastically entertaining.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #51 on: December 10, 2011, 03:34 AM »

Kinda late comment here but I haven't been on MW for over two weeks.  I can't see how Andy could get such a bad groin injury playing road tennis.  Also I hadn't realised he'd played Ferrer against medical advice.  That was pretty stupid, knowing he was so unfit he'd probably lose the match - and if he did win what were his chances of winning, or even playing, his next one?  He should have pulled out from the start, especially with the new season not so far away.  But again, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

One thing that does concern me is that Andy still plays football occasionally.  Now if you want to pick up a groin strain or leg injury, that's just the right sport for it!  Mind you, Fed goes to the other extreme.  In a recent interview he said the only other sport he'll play is table tennis for fear of hurting himself!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray takes on legend at Road Tennis « Reply #52 on: December 10, 2011, 09:49 AM »

Typical Fed!  I'm sure Andy played in order not to disappoint all the fans who had bought tickets.  He said that he didn't know how it would feel until he tested it under match conditions.
IP Logged
Crossfire
rIpyHVBWkUmZvRV « Reply #53 on: December 01, 2012, 06:01 AM »

Anda! AWESOME! Andy   you guys look great!!!! And Jess, I LOVE your red dress!!! So fun to see friends of mine IN some phtoos. Really great, Andy! (And Anda, too!!!)
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »