Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray the Goliath defeats David 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray the Goliath defeats David

(Read 5718 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #105 on: October 20, 2011, 08:43 AM »

Aileen........Enjoyed reading that! I felt it put everything into perspective somehow! Thanks! hug
IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #106 on: October 20, 2011, 09:19 AM »

I hope Andy doesnt play Basel or Valencia he need the rest!
IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #107 on: October 20, 2011, 09:59 AM »

It would be delicious for Andy to beajavascript:void(0)t the arrogant one on his own yay yay turf though!
IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #108 on: October 20, 2011, 10:03 AM »

Oops sorry it would be delicious for Andy to beat the arrogant one on his own turf!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #109 on: October 20, 2011, 10:05 AM »

Thanks for the article Aileen, enjoyed reading it. Smile It's very true that Andy is very resilient - some other players after disappointments lose motivation and slide down the rankings but Andy keeps on working hard and bounces back every time, really admire that.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #110 on: October 20, 2011, 12:37 PM »

Thanks Aileen, good article although there always seems to be a but!! sean maguire wrote a small bit about Andy , very nice, www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk, sorry dont know how to do the link, if anyone would like to read it. so hope Andy gets his 1st slam early in next year, would be great to shut the doubters up.
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #111 on: October 20, 2011, 12:48 PM »

Good article, did any one notice another article on the same page though, saying Nadal isn't going to be play Queens next year due to Britains tax laws, he said he can actually lose money playing here, so he's just going to play Wimbledon and The Tour Finals and nothing else.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #112 on: October 20, 2011, 04:08 PM »

Thanks Aileen for the wonderful article on Andy.  So encouraging!!  These are the kind of articles that Andy needs to read. 

I think what Andy may have learned by winning the Asian Tournaments, is that even if you are nervous, or not playing your best tennis, you can still rise above this and win your match.  The truth is that the more matches you win, the more you want it to continue and the more pressure you feel.  It is how you react to that pressure.  It is my hope that Murray has learned how to handle the pressure and know that even with it, you can win your match.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #113 on: October 20, 2011, 04:40 PM »

Good article, did any one notice another article on the same page though, saying Nadal isn't going to be play Queens next year due to Britains tax laws, he said he can actually lose money playing here, so he's just going to play Wimbledon and The Tour Finals and nothing else.
Yes i did see that, i guess he has a point,we are lucky Andy is still here a lot of highly  paid people go and live in monte carlo !!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #114 on: October 20, 2011, 04:41 PM »

Thanks Aileen for the wonderful article on Andy.  So encouraging!!  These are the kind of articles that Andy needs to read. 

I think what Andy may have learned by winning the Asian Tournaments, is that even if you are nervous, or not playing your best tennis, you can still rise above this and win your match.  The truth is that the more matches you win, the more you want it to continue and the more pressure you feel.  It is how you react to that pressure.  It is my hope that Murray has learned how to handle the pressure and know that even with it, you can win your match.

Well said Appllo, i really hope that too.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #115 on: October 21, 2011, 05:11 AM »

I just wish there were more people like Tignor around.

One of my favourite bits is in the second paragraph where Tignor says, that despite everything,  "you’d also have to admit that the guy keeps giving us a reason to watch him, write about him, enjoy what he can do on a tennis court, and, yes, believing in him."

That's exactly why MW is still alive and kicking six years after it was first started.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #116 on: October 21, 2011, 02:18 PM »

Tell me, guys, what are we going to write about until Andy's next tourney? Either Valencia or Basel, but definitely Paris?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #117 on: October 21, 2011, 05:12 PM »

Tell me, guys, what are we going to write about until Andy's next tourney? Either Valencia or Basel, but definitely Paris?

Well, I'm very interested in seeing Fed and Nole's form Whistle
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #118 on: October 21, 2011, 06:44 PM »

Yes....So am I! w00t
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #119 on: October 21, 2011, 06:46 PM »

Me too. I just have a feeling that it may not be wonderful. Rolling Eyes I also think that Andy may well play at Valencia before Paris, so that he gets used to conditions of playing indoors before Paris which he would like to win. Anyone see the photo of Andy, on his facebook page, after a routine blood test and  and his sticker given because he had been brave!! hug
[ Last edit by michelle October 21, 2011, 06:53 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »