Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray the Goliath defeats David 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray the Goliath defeats David

(Read 5866 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #120 on: October 21, 2011, 07:40 PM »

Me too. I just have a feeling that it may not be wonderful. Rolling Eyes I also think that Andy may well play at Valencia before Paris, so that he gets used to conditions of playing indoors before Paris which he would like to win. Anyone see the photo of Andy, on his facebook page, after a routine blood test and  and his sticker given because he had been brave!! hug
Nobody gives me a bravery sticker every time I have a routine blood test ... Frown   Seriously, though, I haven't seen this photo because I'm not a member of FB.  Is there any way you can post it on MW?

One player who will almost certainly not be playing at the WTF is Soderling who's still suffering from the wretched mononucleosis virus, bcause he's just announced his withdrawal from Paris.  Andy's chances seem to be getting better and better, BUT again, one tournament - nay, one match, one set, one game - at a time please everyone!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #121 on: October 21, 2011, 07:58 PM »

Nobody gives me a bravery sticker every time I have a routine blood test ...
Because ,at your age,they would run out of stickers,Arf! Arf!. Very Happy.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #122 on: October 21, 2011, 08:34 PM »

I am not slating anyone especially not Federer- he has given his all to the game but now must accept that he will not be able to keep pace with the younger guard.  Rafa, Djoko and Andy are the ones that I think will be at the top next year my point was aimed at the press and their reluctance to acknowledge the achievement of a hat trick of tourny wins.  It was a great achievement but one that was downed by a lot of the press as Fed and Djoko were not there and Rafa appeared to be not playing to his full fitness etc.  There is no way that I was knocking Rafa he never mentioned illness / injury he took his defeats in a sporting manner.  Pity the press could not be a bit more sporting and give Andy some credit - that was the point I was trying to make.
Sorry, Murray Magic, I didnt mean to suggest that you personally were knocking him. I was making general comments as I was angry that some people won't give Andy credit when its due. Hope thats cleared up now. :-)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #123 on: October 21, 2011, 09:52 PM »

Because ,at your age,they would run out of stickers,Arf! Arf!. Very Happy.
At my age they're lucky they can find any blood to test. :p
IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #124 on: October 22, 2011, 01:09 AM »

Number 3 seed at Paris!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #125 on: October 22, 2011, 03:23 AM »

Number 3 seed at Paris!
Where are you getting this from?  The website still has Andy in 4th place, yet Soderling has been removed despite only announcing his withdrawal yesterday, but maybe they're waiting until the ranking figures on 31 October are released.
IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #126 on: October 22, 2011, 06:41 AM »

He will be at number 3 by Paris!!!
IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #127 on: October 22, 2011, 06:41 AM »

The entry list of Paris was made ages ago.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #128 on: October 22, 2011, 08:19 AM »

Here is the picture of Andy and his sticker.

* 317579_10150329473281966_16814976965_8112023_1736583931_n.jpg (11.53 KB, 320x240 - viewed 376 times.)
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #129 on: October 22, 2011, 10:08 AM »

Aw........love him! Wink and a kiss
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #130 on: October 22, 2011, 11:06 AM »

Get a grip, you guys. It's only a blood test!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #131 on: October 22, 2011, 11:20 AM »

Get a grip, you guys. It's only a blood test!
Oooooh.......The words of a brave man! :p
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #132 on: October 22, 2011, 03:13 PM »

The entry list of Paris was made ages ago.
I know that - but my point was that they were very quick to remove Soderling yet haven't  swapped Andy and Federer around, which made me assume they were just being cautious and not jumping the gun here, i.e. only updating the website after next week's tournaments have taken place.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #133 on: October 22, 2011, 05:24 PM »

I know that - but my point was that they were very quick to remove Soderling yet haven't  swapped Andy and Federer around, which made me assume they were just being cautious and not jumping the gun here, i.e. only updating the website after next week's tournaments have taken place.
Andy's guaranteed to be number 3 seed in Paris - Fed can't gain any points in Basel as he's defending champion and will lose 250 points on Monday when his Stockholm points are taken off. So even if Andy doesn't play Valencia he'll still be number 3 Smile

Perhaps they don't update the entry list seedings until the draw is made? It's a shame about Soderling not being able to take part in Paris, especially as he's the defending champion. I hope his mono doesn't end up being another Ancic case.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #134 on: October 22, 2011, 09:23 PM »

Whats the problem of having a needle to test blood. I'm diabetic and have to do it every day you get used to it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »