Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray the Goliath defeats David 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray the Goliath defeats David

(Read 5506 times)
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 02:46 PM »

Absolutley fantastic.  Well done Andy. No 3 in the world you must feel great.

Now keep this going onto Australia, we will be all behind you.

A greast three weeks for Andy and British Tennis.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #16 on: October 16, 2011, 03:34 PM »

Wow...nice one Tonedial!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 03:44 PM »

For those who missed the match its on sky again at 6.30pm I too am so pleased and so so PROUD OF ANDY. He has had a hard few weeks but he has shown strength an determination in his tennis. All we can wish for him is that he continues to play so well in the next few months and into 2012. You did us proud Andy best wishes to you from all your fans.
And for those who want to watch it again!  When watching a 2nd time I like to focus on Andy and his movement rather than the ball.
And this means Andy is tied #6 of all time for # of masters' titles.  Not bad eh for someone who some of our members were predicting would have retired by now earlier in the year.  Whistle

Oh and love the triplets tonedial yay
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 04:11 PM »

Oh you've outdone yourself Nigel.........'B****y brilliant report! w00t
I second that - definitely the best one ever and so very appropriate! clap Smile

Very well done to Andy for such a successful run.  Who would have thought back in the dark days that followed the AO that Andy would go on to win 5 titles, 2 of them Masters, and reach a ranking of No.3, pushing the GOAT outside the top 3 for the first time since 2003 in the process - and the season isn't over yet?

21 titles to date - 10 more than Henman won in his entire career.  That is certainly an achievement to be very proud of.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 04:15 PM »

I second that - definitely the best one ever and so very appropriate! clap Smile

Very well done to Andy for such a successful run.  Who would have thought back in the dark days that followed the AO that Andy would go on to win 5 titles, 2 of them Masters, and reach a ranking of No.3, pushing the GOAT outside the top 3 for the first time since 2003 in the process - and the season isn't over yet?

21 titles to date - 10 more than Henman won in his entire career.  That is certainly an achievement to be very proud of.
I agree wholeheartedly Aileen!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 04:18 PM »

Interesting in the post match interview Andy again said how nervous he'd been at the start, defending his title. He must do something about those nerves because in Slam finals he's started far too slowly/tightly naughty.
However, using that logic he should do brilliantly in Paris, where he has nothing to defend Fingers crossed
Go home Andy and get some well earned home comforts, take the dogs onto Wimbledon Common or whatever...Wink
Come back rested and ready to take on the other two members of THE BIG 3 
We love you trophy

Loved the triplets tonedial Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #21 on: October 16, 2011, 04:56 PM »

Interesting in the post match interview Andy again said how nervous he'd been at the start, defending his title. He must do something about those nerves because in Slam finals he's started far too slowly/tightly naughty.
However, using that logic he should do brilliantly in Paris, where he has nothing to defend Fingers crossed
Go home Andy and get some well earned home comforts, take the dogs onto Wimbledon Common or whatever...Wink
Come back rested and ready to take on the other two members of THE BIG 3 
We love you trophy

Loved the triplets tonedial Smile
I think it's only natural to be nervous bbh.  The key is how he deals with the nerves.  This is where rescue remedy, deep breathing, meditation etc come in. 
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 05:07 PM »

Yes great pics pity its not a poster I could put it up on the wall
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 05:14 PM »

That was a good, enjoyable report, Nigel, & Tonedial that is a great "poster".

I liked the way Andy said nice things to/about Ferrer after the match. Andy never fails to impress me.  I've thought too that Ferrer is a good player, a real fighter & I've never seen him do anything 'funny'.

They say all good performers are nervous before they"go on" so to be expected.  As you say Ruthie & I've said similar before, deep breathing, meditation, etc would be very good for Andy to practice next, if he is not already doing so.  Read Deepak Chopra for more on this.

Well done, again Andy!  You have us all beaming!!  Such very fine playing!
Magnifico! We could go on & on & proably will!
[ Last edit by adb..OH October 16, 2011, 05:17 PM ] IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #24 on: October 16, 2011, 05:45 PM »

Thanks G.C. great report, well done Andy fantastic number 3, made me laugh trying to speak another language!! [ and no plane crash needed Bewheet!!)  trophy
IP Logged
mcenroeforever
Satellite Level

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #25 on: October 16, 2011, 06:09 PM »

Outstanding report, so happy for Andy, seeing the improvement in his serve is really exciting, the final piece in the Murray jigsaw. This time next year Andy will be the world no.1. So good he is above Fed for the first time ever.  :yay:Happy days!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #26 on: October 16, 2011, 06:52 PM »

Outstanding report, so happy for Andy, seeing the improvement in his serve is really exciting, the final piece in the Murray jigsaw. This time next year Andy will be the world no.1. So good he is above Fed for the first time ever.  :yay:Happy days!
I think you could be right, next year will be a good year for Andy . yay
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #27 on: October 16, 2011, 07:38 PM »

I love reading all your reports and comments everyone, it feels great to know I am not alone in my steadfast support of Andy.
I was lucky enough to be able to watch his final 3 matches on the TV in Hi-Def, as opposed to the usual shaky streams.  The Asian swing has also been good for my liver: due to the early mornings I have been partaking in coffee instead of my usual wine:)
I am so very proud of Andy.  In all the years I have followed his career I have never seen him look so focussed and hungry, and dangerous!  I predict great things ahead because surely his time has come.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #28 on: October 16, 2011, 07:44 PM »

I love reading all your reports and comments everyone, it feels great to know I am not alone in my steadfast support of Andy.
I was lucky enough to be able to watch his final 3 matches on the TV in Hi-Def, as opposed to the usual shaky streams.  The Asian swing has also been good for my liver: due to the early mornings I have been partaking in coffee instead of my usual wine:)
I am so very proud of Andy.  In all the years I have followed his career I have never seen him look so focussed and hungry, and dangerous!  I predict great things ahead because surely his time has come.
Couldn't agree more, Scotnadian. Even down to the coffee instead of wine!  Wink
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #29 on: October 16, 2011, 08:26 PM »

Well done Andy on a magnificent three weeks!  A difficult game against Ferrer the Terrier er er, having dispatched him so recently when on absolute top form, however you managed the game and the win due to your two new armaments - The more consistent, powerful, and most importantly better placed 1st serve.  And the forehand that you've improved this year, longer, stronger, less loopy.  What I love about supporting you is that you are always working.  Half the jokers that comment on you can only state the bleeding obvious - annoyance at losing, happiness at winning,  these are a given, but after all you're the one dealing with them, which is fortunate because if it was up to them they'd have given up every time you lost a couple of games in a row!

clap clap clap
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »