Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray the Goliath defeats David 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray the Goliath defeats David

(Read 5668 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #150 on: October 28, 2011, 06:58 AM »

adb...OH, oh yes, nothing is secure on the net. It's scary but we leave slime trails wherever we go. Think those guys who hacked into the pentagon, now you'd think THAT was secure Whistle
[ Last edit by blueberryhill October 28, 2011, 07:17 AM ] IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #151 on: October 28, 2011, 11:02 AM »

Hi Craig, I read this and the following posts.  It is interesting information. I clicked on the link and was reading there how every computer, etc has an address and so forth, which I knew, but it makes you think.  Does this mean that if someone has your IP address they can access you computer. It does sound potentially dangerous?  Though maybe no more than being on any other website ....

No one can access your computer that's not possible. If you go on a website it will log your IP address to find out where you are from but a VPN or a proxy will hide your IP or allow you to browse sites that a geographically restricted.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #152 on: October 28, 2011, 12:46 PM »

No one can access your computer that's not possible. If you go on a website it will log your IP address to find out where you are from but a VPN or a proxy will hide your IP or allow you to browse sites that a geographically restricted.
Can I suggest "Wikihow: how to hack," just for a start. I'm no expert and have never tried, nor have I any wish to, but I do know of one case where it happened.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #153 on: October 28, 2011, 01:01 PM »

Can I suggest "Wikihow: how to hack," just for a start. I'm no expert and have never tried, nor have I any wish to, but I do know of one case where it happened.

Please people VPN's are used by hackers to hide their identity but lots of other people use them too. I for one watched the entire US open with an american VPN on the US Open website as it had the choice of 8 courts and replays.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #154 on: October 28, 2011, 03:36 PM »

Andy is playing in Basle next week, with Fed and Djoko, they say in the paper today yay been watching the women but its not as good as watching Andy.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #155 on: October 28, 2011, 03:37 PM »

Andy is playing in Basle next week, with Fed and Djoko, they say in the paper today yay been watching the women but its not as good as watching Andy.
How right you are Deb,i watch the women when I am desperate for some tennis.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #156 on: October 28, 2011, 03:52 PM »

How right you are Deb,i watch the women when I am desperate for some tennis.
Yes Iamabritt better than nothing!!! cant wait to see how Fed and Djoko, will play, cant think for one minute they will be playing well, so maybe another win for Andy??  pray
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #157 on: October 28, 2011, 05:15 PM »

The women are a little boring, and it seems to me like it's been forever since Andy played, so glad he is playing next week.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #158 on: October 28, 2011, 07:06 PM »

The women are a little boring, and it seems to me like it's been forever since Andy played, so glad he is playing next week.
Apollo,I think we are all waiting ,hopefully it will be a real humdinger of a tournement.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #159 on: October 28, 2011, 07:24 PM »

That's a little harsh - the Radwanska/Zvonereva match last night was amazing.  Aggie is such a fighter - I'm so sorry she didn't manage to take a set from Kvitova today and book herself a place in the semis.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #160 on: October 29, 2011, 03:16 AM »

Don't know why, but I find women's tennis a big turn-off these days.  I never used to be like that, but maybe it's all the dreadful squealing and screeching that goes on, something which I really don't see the need for.  I'm sure if they were threatened with the docking of points when they indulge in that behaviour it would soon stop!

Incidentally I think the same might be done to stop the male grunting and moaning.  Andy never used to do it, but he does now.  So what's changed?
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #161 on: October 29, 2011, 04:55 AM »

I feel the same about the ridiculous screaming & screeching, otherwise I'm all for women's tennis, just not particularly following anyone at the mo.

As you say, Andy did not used to and now he does.  His noise has changed to be something like Djokovics.  I wondered if Andy tried it out to see if it would help & perhaps it has helped and so I wonder if it is something to do with the breathing, timing sort of thing. Since it is helping him I am all for it. When Djoker does it, it is louder and I always thought revolting as it sounds as if he is going to throw up. Andy used to sometimes make a quieter more passive noise. For him I prefer this more aggressive noise and when he does it, it is not obnoxious.

What should not be allowed is when they do it so loud and long as to put the other person off, such as Serena did not long ago and got a penalty for it. Rafa comes very close to that.

As a side note, my mother likes the noises as she can no longer see, she goes by the noises to keep up with the game! 
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #162 on: October 29, 2011, 06:43 AM »

Kvitova is an amazing player. If she gets her whole game together she could be as dominant as Serena. I also really like Azarenka, in spite of the screeching, would say she's going to be Petra's main rival for a bit. Women's tennis is looking interesting again.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #163 on: October 29, 2011, 09:06 AM »

I can't stand the squealing either - puts me right off although you can turn the sound off - that makes it a bit more bearable.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #164 on: October 29, 2011, 10:05 AM »

Kvitova is an amazing player. If she gets her whole game together she could be as dominant as Serena. I also really like Azarenka, in spite of the screeching, would say she's going to be Petra's main rival for a bit. Women's tennis is looking interesting again.

Interesting tonight that Kvitova started screeching when she made a winner or when Aggie missed - never heard her do that before and hope she doesn't make it a habit!

More interesting still was that Azarenka made virtually no noise when playing Bartolli - certainly it was a dead match and she obviously hadn't any interest in being there but just shows that the screeching is deliberate.  She was booed off the court at the end - the crowd clearly didn't appreciate that she obviously couldn't be bothered to put on a show when they had paid good money to watch her (even though the match was worth $150,000 to the winner) ! 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »