Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray the Goliath defeats David 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray the Goliath defeats David  (Read 5365 times)
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #165 on: October 29, 2011, 10:57 AM »

Interesting tonight that Kvitova started screeching when she made a winner or when Aggie missed - never heard her do that before and hope she doesn't make it a habit!

More interesting still was that Azarenka made virtually no noise when playing Bartolli - certainly it was a dead match and she obviously hadn't any interest in being there but just shows that the screeching is deliberate.  She was booed off the court at the end - the crowd clearly didn't appreciate that she obviously couldn't be bothered to put on a show when they had paid good money to watch her (even though the match was worth $150,000 to the winner) ! 
Yes Alis that was interesting, i am sure they do it deliberatly, some of  the matches have been great, a least i can watch with out my heart racing and feeling sick, like when i watch Andy and so wont him to win !!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #166 on: October 29, 2011, 11:59 AM »

But deb, what'll you be like when you watch darling Heather......?
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #167 on: October 30, 2011, 01:52 PM »

But deb, what'll you be like when you watch darling Heather......?
Oh yes , well the same , so wont our girls and boys to do well, but i have to confess Andy is my favorite by miles !! cant wait to watch this week BBH. Maybe another title?? yay
[ Last edit by deb October 30, 2011, 02:54 PM ] IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #168 on: October 31, 2011, 06:35 PM »

The shrieking is unecessary & has put me off womens tennis Today, that & the fact that it is simply not as good.
Its also cheating as it stops your opponent from gauging
your shots properly.
I dont mind a bit of grunting but all this ridiculous `woo poo`! stuff from Azarenka & the ear shattering shreiks from Maria does my head in.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #169 on: October 31, 2011, 06:38 PM »

The shrieking is unecessary & has put me off womens tennis Today, that & the fact that it is simply not as good.
your shots properly.
I dont mind a bit of grunting but all this ridiculous `woo poo`! stuff from Azarenka & the ear shattering shreiks from Maria does my head in.
Yep!.........I agree...
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #170 on: October 31, 2011, 10:55 PM »

Yep!.........I agree...
I totally agree as well.  I think it has to stop as it is so unfair to their opponent. And Azarenka said no matter what she would not stop. The problem is at what degree do they fine them or whatever, at what pitch do they say is too high?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #171 on: November 01, 2011, 06:35 AM »

Most people can't stand the shrieking can they? But...an awful lot of men make an awful lot of noise too  Whistle
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #172 on: November 01, 2011, 06:48 AM »

I think that's different though BBH! The men tend to grunt, which I think helps them to hit the ball harder! Some of the women make similar noises which I don't mind at all, but the ones who make those ridiculous noises just for effect, get right up my nose!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #173 on: November 01, 2011, 06:49 AM »

Caz Hi Smile....Ferrer?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #174 on: November 01, 2011, 06:56 AM »

Hi BBH......Really? Nah......No contest! w00t
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #175 on: November 01, 2011, 07:36 AM »

your shots properly.

Agree with most of that. Don't like painting all with the same brush though. Not all do it, and there are good players.  I don't like the ridiculous earsplitting theatrics.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #176 on: November 01, 2011, 08:02 AM »

Kvitova's recent addition of a schreech everytime she hits a winner or her opponent makes an error is equally unattractive - although I accept probably not as off putting to her opponent.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #177 on: November 01, 2011, 08:58 AM »

Opponents can complain...but who would want to make an enemy of Scharapova? That glint in her eye makes me tremble...
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #178 on: November 01, 2011, 09:20 AM »

Actually I didn't mean all of them,
It's a pity though because Maria's a great player & looks nice but
Yikes my ears, my ears.
I usually end up supporting the one who doesn't shriek.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the Goliath defeats David « Reply #179 on: November 01, 2011, 09:29 AM »

Actually I didn't mean all of them,
It's a pity though because Maria's a great player & looks nice but
Yikes my ears, my ears.
I usually end up supporting the one who doesn't shriek.
Yes......I do too, for that very reason!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply