Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray loses game of Shanghai survival 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray loses game of Shanghai survival

(Read 4600 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #45 on: October 14, 2012, 05:08 PM »

Thanks Aileen & Zarfeen for the post-match comments.
Looks like they both acknowledge there is absolutely nothing between them. Pure nip & tuck.
Loved Andy saying "..I feel like my game is there."
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #46 on: October 14, 2012, 05:16 PM »

Good to read too that Andy has invited Olly Golding to Miami and also apparently Jamie Baker for 2nd half of his training bloc.  He said that he's told younger players he's there if they want to talk to him as he remembers how helpful Tim was to him when he was coming up.  He wants to leave a legacy I'm sure.
Ah bless him.  Couldn't imagine SmugFed doing anything like that.

Loved Andy saying "..I feel like my game is there."
I find that very encouraging too Linda.
IP Logged
Kavanaugh
Satellite Level

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #47 on: October 14, 2012, 05:17 PM »

Good report Grabcopy and I know Andy will bounce back from this - he has nothing whatsoever to be ashamed about and I'm glad he's said what he did ... his game definitely WAS there.

One question though - do we have to keep posts of obvious trolls in this thread?  Steaming piles of manure like the one tennchokest deposited here have no place on a Murray fansite I'd have thought - it's not like they even pretend to be here for anything other than rubbing it in.
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #48 on: October 14, 2012, 05:26 PM »

And he's right zarfeen.
Good to read too that Andy has invited Olly Golding to Miami and also apparently Jamie Baker for 2nd half of his training bloc.  He said that he's told younger players he's there if they want to talk to him as he remembers how helpful Tim was to him when he was coming up.  He wants to leave a legacy I'm sure.

That's very commendable. I'm sure I read an interview with Jamie Baker not too long ago where he talked about Lendl having him hit with Andy on occasion.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #49 on: October 14, 2012, 05:26 PM »

One question though - do we have to keep posts of obvious trolls in this thread?  Steaming piles of manure like the one tennchokest deposited here have no place on a Murray fansite I'd have thought - it's not like they even pretend to be here for anything other than rubbing it in.
You can always use 'Report to moderator' at the bottom RH corner of any post you find offensive.
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #50 on: October 14, 2012, 05:32 PM »

I think Andy will shrug off his losses in the Asia swing relatively easy, he obviously was under the weather at the beginning of the week so to have got as far as he did in Shanghai and not lost too many points sets him up well for the remainder of the season.

The most important thing is to get back to 100% healthy for Paris & WTF. Hopefully playing in London will inspire Andy at the WTF just like the Olympics.

I was pretty appalled at the treatment and lack of respect Andy got in Shanghai - especially for a 2 time champion but the crowd was so against him. I'm sure the crowd was rooting for Nole because Andy had dumped their beloved Roger out of the tournament.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #51 on: October 14, 2012, 05:44 PM »

I'm sure he'll bounce back.

Yes, he will but at the same time, he will have to learn a couple of lessons from this match which is essential for him. As he moves along, every experience good or bad, will come handy in situations like this. People mostly learn from the mistakes they make and Andy is excellent at acknowledging his mistakes and learning from them. So I really think he'll be more careful next time and will be more aware of it at the very least. 2012 is the year Andy's won his 1st Slam - something a lot of people were convinced he wouldn't be able to do, so in the big scheme of things, we should all know what's more important - this loss or that USO win.

Anyd/Nole is a great rivalry and Andy needs great rivalries to learn things in order to continue to improve his game and to keep him always motivated. He has 5 to 7 years ahead of him and since this was still a year where he needed to win his first GS, it would fall under his growth period as a growing player. What we will see in the future, based on all these past years, is more of a complete player, who can handle difficult situations quite well and with a lot of maturity and authority. And a Champion who has all the experience in the world playing some of the greatest players of all time.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #52 on: October 14, 2012, 05:49 PM »

Fantasic and EPIC match, well played by both, with nary a hair between them.  clap clap

Nole won, in part on that wild tweener point, and then the monster tiebreak, but clearly their rivalry is flourishingSword fight

2013 will be a cracker!!!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #53 on: October 14, 2012, 05:52 PM »

I think Andy will shrug off his losses in the Asia swing relatively easy, he obviously was under the weather at the beginning of the week so to have got as far as he did in Shanghai and not lost too many points sets him up well for the remainder of the season.

The most important thing is to get back to 100% healthy for Paris & WTF. Hopefully playing in London will inspire Andy at the WTF just like the Olympics.

I was pretty appalled at the treatment and lack of respect Andy got in Shanghai - especially for a 2 time champion but the crowd was so against him. I'm sure the crowd was rooting for Nole because Andy had dumped their beloved Roger out of the tournament.

Not a very good crowd to be honest when they put their love for a certain tennis player first than tennis itself. And then becomes vindictive. It makes things difficult not only for the players but also for the viewers.

I don't know when Federer will retire but despite that crowd support, I don't think Federer will come back to Shanghai again.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #54 on: October 14, 2012, 05:53 PM »

So glad ur feeling better Emma...... was getting worried.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #55 on: October 14, 2012, 06:19 PM »

So glad ur feeling better Emma...... was getting worried.

arf! arf!
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #56 on: October 14, 2012, 06:53 PM »

I have just watched the highlights of most of the match and just feel that Andy was not himself.  At the beginning I noticed him puffing which I have never seen him do before.  The tennis from both of them was fantastic and I look forward to more matches with these two.  It certainly seems as if this is new rivalry.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #57 on: October 14, 2012, 07:13 PM »

arf! arf!

Shrug
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #58 on: October 14, 2012, 07:18 PM »

I have just watched the highlights of most of the match and just feel that Andy was not himself.  At the beginning I noticed him puffing which I have never seen him do before.  The tennis from both of them was fantastic and I look forward to more matches with these two.  It certainly seems as if this is new rivalry.

I didn't notice Andy puffing but could tell that there wasn't much left in the tank when he started shortening most points in the 3rd set - only times I've seen him do this was against Berrer and Nieminen at RG when he was injured. Otherwise Andy would normally try and construct a point rather than taking big cuts at the ball.

Even when Andy was drained in AO SF against Nole, 5-2 down in the 5th, Andy was still playing his own game rather than resorting to ballbashing.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #59 on: October 14, 2012, 09:30 PM »

I didn't notice Andy puffing but could tell that there wasn't much left in the tank when he started shortening most points in the 3rd set - only times I've seen him do this was against Berrer and Nieminen at RG when he was injured. Otherwise Andy would normally try and construct a point rather than taking big cuts at the ball.

Even when Andy was drained in AO SF against Nole, 5-2 down in the 5th, Andy was still playing his own game rather than resorting to ballbashing.

I agree - if Andy had been fit he would have won this match.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »