Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray loses game of Shanghai survival 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray loses game of Shanghai survival

(Read 5153 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #75 on: October 15, 2012, 04:35 PM »

Hi All,

I watched the final yesterday, sort of. I woke up yesterday morning with a migraine, the details of which I will spare you all, but I wasn't about to miss another epic. Trying to watch tennis when your head is spinning isn't fun, but it was a high quality match from both Andy and Novak.

As many of you have said, it just seemed as if Andy ran out of steam in the third set. It's a shame, but it was a close match and Andy fought. I don't think we can ask for more than that, especially given what he has done this year.

I think it's good to hear Andy sounding positive. I'm sure he's disappointed, but it's not the end of the world. It really could have gone either way.

It really does feel like there has been a changing of the guard now at the top of the game. The rankings might not quite agree, at least not yet, but for me Andy and Novak are the dominant players now. I'm really looking forward, God willing, to watching their rivalry play out over the next few years. I think it will be fascinating.

I couldn't agree more with what some of you have said about the crowd in Shanghai. Considering that Andy won two years in a row, the disrespect they showed him was a disgrace.

All in all I don't think it was a bad week for Andy. He wasn't 100% well and still got to the final, and he got under Smugfed's skin on the way. You can't say fairer than that.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #76 on: October 15, 2012, 05:30 PM »

Hi All,

I watched the final yesterday, sort of. I woke up yesterday morning with a migraine, the details of which I will spare you all, but I wasn't about to miss another epic. Trying to watch tennis when your head is spinning isn't fun, but it was a high quality match from both Andy and Novak.

As many of you have said, it just seemed as if Andy ran out of steam in the third set. It's a shame, but it was a close match and Andy fought. I don't think we can ask for more than that, especially given what he has done this year.

I think it's good to hear Andy sounding positive. I'm sure he's disappointed, but it's not the end of the world. It really could have gone either way.

It really does feel like there has been a changing of the guard now at the top of the game. The rankings might not quite agree, at least not yet, but for me Andy and Novak are the dominant players now. I'm really looking forward, God willing, to watching their rivalry play out over the next few years. I think it will be fascinating.

I couldn't agree more with what some of you have said about the crowd in Shanghai. Considering that Andy won two years in a row, the disrespect they showed him was a disgrace.

All in all I don't think it was a bad week for Andy. He wasn't 100% well and still got to the final, and he got under Smugfed's skin on the way. You can't say fairer than that.

Well said TJ.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #77 on: October 15, 2012, 06:19 PM »

Sorry - slightly off topic but is anyone else having problems with Andy's official website?  For weeks now when I try to go into any of the news items the screen just goes blank except for a background picture - annoying....
Just tried it and it's OK with me.  Anyway it seems that he's now back in the UK, so that's good to know.  Kim and the dogs will do wonders for him.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #78 on: October 15, 2012, 06:27 PM »

I am having the same problem with the website.

I have just watched the final set and it seemed to me that it was down to who ran out of juice first.  I feel that if Andy had not had a virus he would have more than Nole left in the tank as I do think he is the fitter.  Neither of them gave up mentally which bodes so well for future matches between them.  I cannot wait. I can only watch at my son's after the match.
I agree about the fitness, Tamila.  After all it was Djokovic who started to show signs of running of steam in the 5th set of the USO final.  Leaving aside his dubious medical time-out, he had started stretching his quads by the middle of that set, whereas Andy was showing no signs of fatigue right up to the end.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #79 on: October 16, 2012, 08:55 AM »

I agree about the fitness, Tamila.  After all it was Djokovic who started to show signs of running of steam in the 5th set of the USO final.  Leaving aside his dubious medical time-out, he had started stretching his quads by the middle of that set, whereas Andy was showing no signs of fatigue right up to the end.
I agree Aileen.......That crossed my mind too!
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #80 on: October 16, 2012, 09:33 AM »

I agree Aileen.......That crossed my mind too!

Agreed, but still believe that Andy's situation was due to the effects of his virus infection.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #81 on: October 16, 2012, 09:36 AM »

Eh.......I think that was our point OSS!  Very Happy
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #82 on: October 16, 2012, 09:54 AM »

Eh.......I think that was our point OSS!  Very Happy

Just getting old and forgetful
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #83 on: October 16, 2012, 09:59 AM »

Just getting old and forgetful
Join the club!  Whistle
[ Last edit by Caz October 16, 2012, 10:32 AM ] IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #84 on: October 16, 2012, 10:06 AM »

Just the club!  Whistle

I assume you meant "Join ---". If so, I'm a life president!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #85 on: October 16, 2012, 10:32 AM »

I assume you meant "Join ---". If so, I'm a life president!
You assume right!  lmao
IP Logged
Nole#1Murray2nad3fed4
Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #86 on: October 17, 2012, 11:49 PM »

Next year,,,Federer will win this Shanghai title to complete a masters title he does not have...you Murryaholics aka Murraynation still underestimate and hate the Federer Express!  More fuel for victory!  Federer will finally win on Murray's hard court surface!  No worries mates!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #87 on: October 18, 2012, 12:07 AM »

IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #88 on: October 18, 2012, 12:10 AM »

Lmao.  Awww fed fans are still jealous. That's cute.  Go watch Roger cry  or something. Oh I've actually got a better idea. Why don't you watch a replay of the Olympics and shanghai Smile. Now that Fed is Andy's pigeon. Smile
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray the loser in game of Shanghai survival « Reply #89 on: October 18, 2012, 02:37 AM »

Next year,,,Federer will win this Shanghai title to complete a masters title he does not have...you Murryaholics aka Murraynation still underestimate and hate the Federer Express!  More fuel for victory!  Federer will finally win on Murray's hard court surface!  No worries mates!

Even if I was a Fed fan, I would know that it would never happen.
It is like saying Fed will beat Rafa in the French Open finals...high hopes and too desperate.. Fed fans..don't dissapoint yourselves like this.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »