Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up

(Read 2897 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « on: June 24, 2013, 02:05 PM »

A revealing BBC documentary into the life of Andy Murray is now available to watch in HD on BBC iPlayer and for international viewers on YouTube.

[ Last edit by Mark June 25, 2013, 10:55 AM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 02:14 PM »

That's great! I did watch it last night, but I'll certainly watch it again after Wimbledon! Thanks Mark!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 02:45 PM »

Thanks Mark. It does deserve it's own special place. Besides, it's a hard find when you have to go through one too many posts just to look for this video.
IP Logged
Geraldine Ward
Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 03:33 PM »

What a very special young man. Proud to be a fan xx
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 09:37 PM »

Thanks Mark,  I'm eternally grateful for the opportunity to watch this.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 10:06 PM »

From Andy's press conference today ( I like the bit about Sue Barker!)

Q.  Can I ask you about the documentary yesterday?  How did that come about?  Did you ever have any doubts about doing something so personal?

ANDY MURRAY:  Yeah, well, I mean, I probably got asked to do it about a year ago, and I said no probably for about seven, eight months, I think.  Matt, who is in the back of the room, he knows.  He was asking me about it.  Yeah, I said no a lot.  Wasn't that comfortable with the idea.

But, you know, the people that were in charge of it were very, very professional.  They weren't intrusive at all.  I know Sue well, too.  So I felt comfortable speaking to her, even though I cry every time I speak to her (smiling).

But, yeah, I mean, I was told not to watch it.  But, you know, a lot of people spoke to me about it today.  I think it went over well.  So that's good.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/interviews/2013-06-24/201306241372106671033.html
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 10:12 PM »

Just finished watching it. Reinforces what a thoroughly nice and down to earth chap Murray is.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 10:18 PM »

Liked the Sue Barker comment (she must take a towel with her now when she knows she is talking to Andy lol) - it's just an other example of how Andy doesn't take himself too seriously and is happy to poke fun at himself and also that he is comfortable in th fact that he is a deeply emotional person (wathing Judy and Jamie on the documentary it is clearly a family trait)
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 10:21 PM »

Just finished watching it. Reinforces what a thoroughly nice and down to earth chap Murray is.

Yep, he's the very definition of it. Completely unchanged by his fame or success and an absolute credit to himself and his family.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 07:26 PM »

Perhaps we can get Sue Barker to interview Andy on radio. That way Andy can avoid that fool Gary Richardson.

I do agree, Andy comes over as a humble, extremely modest and hard working young man. His whole concerns are his family and friends to whom he is always loyal.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 08:36 PM »

I watched this last night. There was one thing I wondered about - Andy doesn't have any Scottish accent or at least I don't notice it. Can't say the same about Judy, dad, Jamie etc.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #11 on: June 25, 2013, 08:39 PM »

Most likely living with Kim has tamed it somewhat.
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 08:56 PM »

I am more than happy about Andy's non-Scottish way of speaking. Otherwise I would hardly have a chance of following his words. Yet, I had the impression that Judy and Jamie tried hard to avoid their normally stronger dialect in the documentry. Father Willie and Sir Alex caused serious problems to me.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 09:02 PM »

I am more than happy about Andy's non-Scottish way of speaking. Otherwise I would hardly have a chance of following his words. Yet, I had the impression that Judy and Jamie tried hard to avoid their normally stronger dialect in the documentry. Father Willie and Sir Alex caused serious problems to me.
Haha.  I have to say that an 'accent' is very different from a 'dialect'  I could temper my Scottish accent, and most people would be able to understand my words.  However, if I chose to speak in my dialect...

'Ye widnae hae a scoobie fit I wiz spikin' aboot, and ye'd be a' the war' for daen' it.
[ Last edit by Elly June 25, 2013, 09:05 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 09:08 PM »

I am very thankful for it. I did not understand a word Sir Alex said but I understood some of what Father Willie said.

IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »