Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up

(Read 2881 times)
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #75 on: July 09, 2013, 10:13 AM »

Well cheer yourself up and look at this cartoon. Must admit exactly my thoughts
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOtk4xSCUAAZ6sI.jpg

Fantastic cartoon and absolutely sums up politicians.    Pressure off Andy to win Wimbledon - pressure on to accept a knighthood at some point.    I would guess Andy would be honoured to be asked but would prefer not to accept.    Offers and acceptances or refusals should be done in private.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #76 on: July 09, 2013, 10:19 AM »

It's not just me, then? I've gone from ecstasy to being plunged into despair. Life seems empty.
ah but grab that was when I  didn't dare believe that andy would win . As it is am still in post-W euphoria and beginning of August doesn't seem that far away.  All helped of course by acres of coverage still in the media - all these andy-come-latelys getting in on the act but we his true fans can smugly say we told you so.
I'll watch both versions then of the documentary though I suspect I'll probably just keep the new one  as it's a constant struggle to keep the recorded stuff on the hard disc down.  And really looking forward to watching both when I'm back home to keep the euphoria going.

brilliant cartoon bbh and I think they can add a whole lot of pundits to the politicians hanging on to him
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #77 on: July 09, 2013, 10:22 AM »

The new version is much better, I have kept both though, am I a sad person!!!!

No I'm keeping both! Must rewatch original to see what they cut out.

I always hate the post Wimbledon week - there's non stop tennis from Monte Carlo and the big six weeks from the start ofd the French to the end of Wimbledon. This week always seems like you've taken down the Christmas decorations - though at least this time we have some very special memories to wallow in.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #78 on: July 09, 2013, 10:41 AM »

Great write up from Simon Barnes in 'The Times' yesterday!  This is just the last part.       "He turned to us in the press-box in his moment of victory. Unusual choice. So it was us scribblers who got that first expression. Joy puts it too conservatively. It was something heavenly, transcendant, unconfined. This was beyond all earthly concepts of joy: this was, for a few moments of eternity, nothing less than bliss. This really is something pretty immense, something nobody fom this country has done since the world was young...... something he has dedicated his life to. He left home at 14 to live and work in Spain in pursuit of this goal. If it's been a long hard wait for us, it's been an unforgiving life for Murray. And it all came to fruition in three long hard sets and by the end, it really seemed as if something more than a sporting prize had been won.....as if some mythical, mystical quest had been achieved. It didn't feel like a mere metaphor....When he at last picked up that Golden Cup, it seemed that this really was The Holy Grail."
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #79 on: July 09, 2013, 11:38 AM »

The way they edited the documentary was pretty good. They just took out small bits and pieces, nothing that would spoil the flow.

I'm going to keep the new version, unless of course the BBC decide to bring it out on DVD.

I still can not get over the crowds on Sunday, on the hill and on CC. It was truly incredible.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #80 on: July 09, 2013, 11:47 AM »

Brilliant cartoon Smile. The politicians will try to use what he has done, but I'm sure Andy won't get dragged in to any of that. Andy just wants to win tennis matches, that's what makes him special.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #81 on: July 09, 2013, 01:20 PM »

Are there particular parts added to the documentary that I can watch (ie at the start and/or end)? Or will I have to watch the whole thing again to see the odd updated part spread out throughout?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #82 on: July 09, 2013, 01:23 PM »

Are there particular parts added to the documentary that I can watch (ie at the start and/or end)? Or will I have to watch the whole thing again to see the odd updated part spread out throughout?

It's all right at the end, the last 20 minutes or so.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #83 on: July 09, 2013, 01:45 PM »

Wonderful documentary but.....should have been 2 hours not 1 - to do it all justice.
IP Logged
Stevie

mad4tennis

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #84 on: July 09, 2013, 01:55 PM »

When away from your country for any extended period, it's surprisingly fast how ones accent changes.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #85 on: July 09, 2013, 03:46 PM »

Just watched the new version, amazing really hard not to get chocked up, it was really sort of inevitable that he would win Wimbledon when the BBC decided to make the documentary, the Queens win, his reaction to hitting Lendl with a tennis ball, his donation for Ross Hutchins cancer appeal it all looked like destiny.
IP Logged
ally
Challenger Level

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #86 on: July 09, 2013, 05:02 PM »

I always hate the post Wimbledon week - there's non stop tennis from Monte Carlo and the big six weeks from the start ofd the French to the end of Wimbledon. This week always seems like you've taken down the Christmas decorations - though at least this time we have some very special memories to wallow in.

Your comment is so true.  For the first time that I can remember, come the end of Wimbledon, I haven't been thinking "roll-on next year".  It's a really calm feeling this week and the newspapers are great to read, still.

It was also lovely watching the documentary again last night, with the new additions - still made the eyes well up.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #87 on: July 09, 2013, 09:34 PM »

After watching this again today, i have an urge to watch the 2012 Wimbleodn final, i've only ever watched it once due to obvious reasons, but now Andy has won i feel i can actually watch this match without having to worry too much about how i feel about it.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #88 on: July 09, 2013, 10:33 PM »

After watching this again today, i have an urge to watch the 2012 Wimbleodn final, i've only ever watched it once due to obvious reasons, but now Andy has won i feel i can actually watch this match without having to worry too much about how i feel about it.

I'm watching the final again now. Just into the second set. As for 2012, you're braver than me. I've got it on DVD, but I still can't make myself watch it. Maybe one day.

By the way, that website I mentioned before has got all of Andy's Wimbledon matches on DVD. They also have the semi and final from Queen's and the Rally Against Cancer. I feel some spending coming on Smile.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray, the man behind the racquet - Catch Up « Reply #89 on: July 10, 2013, 12:57 PM »

and here is the fabulous Steve Bell's take on the Andy knighthood bandwagon:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cartoon/2013/jul/08/steve-bell-andy-murray-wimbledon-knighthood
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »