Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout

(Read 1899 times)
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #105 on: June 01, 2011, 10:40 AM »

Thanks for that "crock of Gold" Nigel - and so Andy's impossible dream only a few rounds ago seems more possible as his diminishing returns get better and better by the minute! wub - no pun intended ha ha ha
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #106 on: June 01, 2011, 10:46 AM »

I favour number 7 - see above.
Yep.........you could be right! The ankle maybe ok to play on now, but there's still the risk of further, more serious injury to be considered. I think it would heal quicker if it was rested properly!
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #107 on: June 01, 2011, 10:47 AM »

I can't get my head around all this, why would you risk all (if that is what is going on) to get to the semifinal where a potential match up with Rafa awaits when clearly you are not 100% phyisically. This leads me to infer that something is not as it all seems with regards to this injury, that at worst he only has some minor discomfort and he  (Andy) is not risking anything more by continuing to play on the ankle? All very bizarre episode, plot and counter plot, well time will tell for sure. w00t

He isn't risking anything unless he goes over on it again.

I posted what he actually said earlier in the thread, yet people seem to be ignoring it and focusing on the media's sensationalism.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #108 on: June 01, 2011, 10:49 AM »

There's a deeper subtext to all of this and I'm scratching my head trying to figure it out.

Choose your weapon.

1) He wants to prove how tough he is.
2) Ranking points matter more than he's been suggesting.
3) He wants to prove he can play with the best on clay.
4) It matters to him to achieve a best-ever result (semis) at RG.
5) He truly believes he can win this thing.
6) The ankle is fine to play on and everything's hunky dory provided he doesn't go over on it again.

It is number 6. You are the only one who seems to have read the actual transcript. Everyone else appears to think that his ankle can just randomly 'go' at any time.

Here are the actual transcripts.

http://tennisleask.blogspot.com/

Maybe now everyone will stop relying on the media.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #109 on: June 01, 2011, 10:55 AM »

I think the Crock of Gold article gives a clue. Andy believes, understandably, that he has his best chance ever to get at least to the SF at RG on his weakest surface.  I think this is more important to him than the ranking points associated with that.  I think there's alot of pride involved.  In one interview I heard on radio, he said he felt proud after the Troicki match.   So it's a mix of 3 and 4 with a no 8 - pride.
But oh do hope the having given up already on Wimbledon theory is off beam.  I really don't think he'd have done that but do agree he'll probably pull out of Queens and rest it and then practise on grass the week before Wimbledon.
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #110 on: June 01, 2011, 10:58 AM »

It is number 6. You are the only one who seems to have read the actual transcript. Everyone else appears to think that his ankle can just randomly 'go' at any time.

Hey Clydey i'm with you on this one, check my past posts, i said "more likely number 6" when given the choice! hug
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #111 on: June 01, 2011, 10:59 AM »

Here are the actual transcripts.

http://tennisleask.blogspot.com/

Maybe now everyone will stop relying on the media.
I don't think his ankle could 'just randomly go' at any time, but in it's weakened state, he could go over on it again at anytime!
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #112 on: June 01, 2011, 10:59 AM »

I think the Crock of Gold article gives a clue. Andy believes, understandably, that he has his best chance ever to get at least to the SF at RG on his weakest surface.  I think this is more important to him than the ranking points associated with that.  I think there's alot of pride involved.  In one interview I heard on radio, he said he felt proud after the Troicki match.   So it's a mix of 3 and 4 with a no 8 - pride.
But oh do hope the having given up already on Wimbledon theory is off beam.  I really don't think he'd have done that but do agree he'll probably pull out of Queens and rest it and then practise on grass the week before Wimbledon.

There's no way. If he was out of Wimbledon, he would be out of the French. He may miss Queens, but there's no way this will keep him out of the biggest tournament of the year.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #113 on: June 01, 2011, 11:00 AM »

Hey Clydey i'm with you on this one, check my past posts, i said "more likely number 6" when given the choice! hug
Hope you're both right - but surely there is always a danger he could go over it again esp playing on clay and if he does then presumably the damage could be worse than going over it a first time? So no wonder he's been a bit tentative at times?
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #114 on: June 01, 2011, 11:03 AM »

I don't think his ankle could 'just randomly go' at any time, but in it's weakened state, he could go over on it again at anytime!

He is no more likely to go over on it. What he is saying is that he could do some damage if he goes over on it again, which is extremely unlikely.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #115 on: June 01, 2011, 11:04 AM »

Hope you're both right - but surely there is always a danger he could go over it again esp playing on clay and if he does then presumably the damage could be worse than going over it a first time? So no wonder he's been a bit tentative at times?

There is a danger, but the risk is minimal. It is highly unlikely that he would do that twice in one tournament. I mean, how many times in his whole career have you seen him do that? 3 times at most.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #116 on: June 01, 2011, 11:16 AM »

BTW, if you want all the daily news on Andy, just set up a Google Alert for 'Andy Murray' and you'll get all the latest press reports in your inbox once a day.

http://www.google.com/alerts
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #117 on: June 01, 2011, 11:17 AM »

There is a danger, but the risk is minimal. It is highly unlikely that he would do that twice in one tournament. I mean, how many times in his whole career have you seen him do that? 3 times at most.

Yeah, but, when it's on your mind and you're being tentative...
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #118 on: June 01, 2011, 11:25 AM »

He is no more likely to go over on it. What he is saying is that he could do some damage if he goes over on it again, which is extremely unlikely.
Extremely unlikely I agree, but still more likely than with a healthy ankle! What you said was "Everyone else appears to think that the ankle can just randomly 'go' at any time." Well Andy doesn't appear to think that and I think he's the best judge, therefore I don't think so either!
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #119 on: June 01, 2011, 11:28 AM »

BTW, if you want all the daily news on Andy, just set up a Google Alert for 'Andy Murray' and you'll get all the latest press reports in your inbox once a day.

http://www.google.com/alerts

I much prefer reading the actual transcripts. The media succeeded in getting RG to stop posting transcripts of post match press conferences. An anonymous blogger has started posting them, fortunately.

I hate relying on the media, who are prone to sensationalism whenever they can get away with it. It absolutely drives me mental. I actually quit my BA in journalism years ago because I couldn't stand the hypocrisy. I was arguing with the lecturers every day.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »