Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout

(Read 1855 times)
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #120 on: June 01, 2011, 11:29 AM »

Yeah, but, when it's on your mind and you're being tentative...

I think he is more confident now. He said that the issues he was having had more to do with him first having to gain confidence in the ankle.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #121 on: June 01, 2011, 11:30 AM »

I much prefer reading the actual transcripts. The media succeeded in getting RG to stop posting transcripts of post match press conferences. An anonymous blogger has started posting them, fortunately.

I hate relying on the media, who are prone to sensationalism whenever they can get away with it. It absolutely drives me mental. I actually quit my BA in journalism years ago because I couldn't stand the hypocrisy. I was arguing with the lecturers every day.

It's why I shunned a career in journalism. Now I'm a copywriter and just sensationalise major brands instead...

We all need to earn a crust.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #122 on: June 01, 2011, 11:33 AM »

It's why I shunned a career in journalism. Now I'm a copywriter and just sensationalise major brands instead...

We all need to earn a crust.

The media goes out of its way to misrepresent, though.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #123 on: June 01, 2011, 11:37 AM »

They seem to be all about 'sensationalism' rather than 'truth' these days! Disgusting!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #124 on: June 01, 2011, 11:37 AM »

The media goes out of its way to misrepresent, though.

Not too keen on how they get some of their stories, either. It's not the world's most honourable profession, is it?
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #125 on: June 01, 2011, 11:53 AM »

There's a deeper subtext to all of this and I'm scratching my head trying to figure it out.

Choose your weapon.

1) He wants to prove how tough he is.
2) Ranking points matter more than he's been suggesting.
3) He wants to prove he can play with the best on clay.
4) It matters to him to achieve a best-ever result (semis) at RG.
5) He truly believes he can win this thing.
6) The ankle is fine to play on and everything's hunky dory provided he doesn't go over on it again.

You forgot the most important one.

He's pissed off at being injured in another Slam.
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #126 on: June 01, 2011, 12:09 PM »

You forgot the most important one.

He's pissed off at being injured in another Slam.

Yep I totally agree with this.  He is really PISSED that just when he was starting to find real confidence on the clay he gets an injury.  Why wouldn't you be annoyed?  He nearly beat Djokovic in Rome (not Madrid Mr Castle please get your stats right!) and came much closer than the King of Clay Nadal has done.  The injury was not in the script. 

I love Andy Murray, yes that is official, and I will always support him even when he loses silly matches, and even if he doesn't win a grand slam.  His on court demeanour does bother me though.  I don't think he should be fake, he is never going to be cheerful on court (why should he be?), and handling the media will never really be his thing (little wonder when most of them would stab him in the back given a little encouragement), but these tantrums and swearing alienate people that would otherwise support him.  They create negative press.  Encouragement is given to other players, and it does not befit the image of a player with his aspirations.  Either he needs to be more cheerful on court (more chance of Stoke winning the EPL), in which case people will be more forgiving when he loses  the plot a bit sometimes, or he just needs to cut it out completely.  Here at RG it all stems from the injury.  But it makes him look like a bad looser, and a bit crazy.  We all used to call Vera Zvonareva "Mad" Vera, because she used to just go into complete meltdown on the court.  That is not the case anymore.  Andy could learn a bit from her I tell you.

Cut out the grumpyness, it does you no favours.  Otherwise I still love you, and will love you even more when you beat Chela later.
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #127 on: June 01, 2011, 12:31 PM »

Yep I totally agree with this.  He is really PISSED that just when he was starting to find real confidence on the clay he gets an injury.  Why wouldn't you be annoyed?  He nearly beat Djokovic in Rome (not Madrid Mr Castle please get your stats right!) and came much closer than the King of Clay Nadal has done.  The injury was not in the script. 

I love Andy Murray, yes that is official, and I will always support him even when he loses silly matches, and even if he doesn't win a grand slam.  His on court demeanour does bother me though.  I don't think he should be fake, he is never going to be cheerful on court (why should he be?), and handling the media will never really be his thing (little wonder when most of them would stab him in the back given a little encouragement), but these tantrums and swearing alienate people that would otherwise support him.  They create negative press.  Encouragement is given to other players, and it does not befit the image of a player with his aspirations.  Either he needs to be more cheerful on court (more chance of Stoke winning the EPL), in which case people will be more forgiving when he loses  the plot a bit sometimes, or he just needs to cut it out completely.  Here at RG it all stems from the injury.  But it makes him look like a bad looser, and a bit crazy.  We all used to call Vera Zvonareva "Mad" Vera, because she used to just go into complete meltdown on the court.  That is not the case anymore.  Andy could learn a bit from her I tell you.

Cut out the grumpyness, it does you no favours.  Otherwise I still love you, and will love you even more when you beat Chela later.
Good posting! Good posting! Two thumbs way up High!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #128 on: June 02, 2011, 02:48 AM »

Well, he obliged! Smile

Agree entirely with all that you say, and would also add that this is the second injury he's had since the clay-court season started - remember the elbow at MC? - so hardly surprising he's in a big grump here.  Life can be so unkind sometimes. 
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray the Viktor in edgy shootout « Reply #129 on: June 02, 2011, 11:30 AM »

Good posting! thumb up
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »