Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray through after Nadal withdraws 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray through after Nadal withdraws

(Read 3157 times)
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 07:35 PM »

Very unladylike, but - SH*T!!.  Very glad I popped into an internet cafe to check this out, but I was getting a strong feeling Nadal had pulled out.  Was really looking forward to this match which I think Andy had a very good chance of winning, and so I'd like to have seen him get another testing match under his belt before Sunday's final, which will almost certainly be against Djokovic.

So Andy has had two w/os in the same tournament - anyone remember if this has ever happened to a player before?

Would be interesting to see what the Fed/Novak fans are saying, something like jammy B****r he gets all the luck. And what are we saying, shame he could do have beaten Nadal and he could have done with the match play ahead of meeting Djokovic? Its a strange world the world of Tennis.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 07:37 PM »

I think his knee problems relate to an ongoing issue in his foot. When he was 19, doctors discovered a rare congenital bone problem in the bridge of his left foot. They told him to pack in tennis and he nearly took up pro golf. Then Nike made some specially adapted shoes. But I think that compensating for the foot injury has led to knee problems.
Perhaps, but Nadal's style of play is very hard on his body.  Apparently a year ago the consultant who sorted his knees out earlier said if he didn't change that his knees would go again very soon.  It wasn't just straightforward tendonitis - the tendons had actually disintegrated.  Sadly it looks like he might be right.  Also if Nadal were to give up playing tennis soon, would pro golf still be an option with wrecked knees?  
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 07:37 PM »

Just received this news, gutted, hope Andy wins Miami but you,ll get the usual nonsense that Andy only won because blahblah blahblah  :blahblah:but, do you know what, f**k them. yes
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 07:49 PM »

It would be interesting to know if Nadal would have withdrawn if it was a lesser light he was playing? Think,alas,we will never know.
IP Logged
mumbler

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 07:59 PM »

doh
Haven't been able to catch any Murray matches live this week and was really looking forward to this. Had a beer on ice for after to celebrate/drown my sorrows.

Shame for Rafa, but good news that Andy is now guaranteed at least 600 points, especially after Federer's early exit. Bit worried about the break in momentum for him though. Stayed up for the Djokovic/Ferrer match last night and Ferrer put up an amazing fight, but Djokovic was playing some unbelievable tennis at times. Andy will need to be firing on all cylinders if Djokovic's in that kind of form again.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 08:00 PM »

Was really looking forward to this and believing in an Andy win. Even less practise for a match with Nole.
After all these years playing Nole, winning and losing,I don't believe practise comes into it ...... Just believe on the day that you are the better player and one will win.
IP Logged
Adrian
Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 08:00 PM »

I thought Nadal's knee was at 80% must be the other way around at 20% !!!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 08:05 PM »

Djoker still on at 11-ish? Want a tennis fix!
IP Logged
Thevalley
Junior

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #23 on: March 30, 2012, 08:11 PM »

It would be interesting to know if Nadal would have withdrawn if it was a lesser light he was playing? Think,alas,we will never know.

Not buying that - it is not Rafa's style. Not logical anyway as he would still have the final against the joker more than likely.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 08:12 PM »

I see Anabelle Croft(I've won no titles in my career) emphasising that Andy is through to final only playing 3 matches......cow....sorry, that's non p.c.......******* cow.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 08:16 PM »

Think it will be 12, same as last night.

I was also really looking forward to watching Andy play this evening.  Hmmph
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 08:16 PM »

Official website has Djokovic/Monaco match as 7:00pm.. which will be midnight with you in UK.

So much for me (and many others) re-scheduling my day so I could watch in peace.  Ah well...

I watched Nole last night and I watched Juan play Fish.
Nole was outstanding 1st set then not-so-good.. scraped through for the win.
Monaco was painting the lines.  If he plays to this standard he definitely is in with a shout imho.

I boldly predict a Murray/Monaco final. 
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #27 on: March 30, 2012, 08:19 PM »

Does he get points people?
robbie, meant lack of match practise is not a god thing generally, whoever is in the final.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #28 on: March 30, 2012, 08:20 PM »

I see Anabelle Croft(I've won no titles in my career) emphasising that Andy is through to final only playing 3 matches......cow....sorry, that's non p.c.......f**king cow.
Your phone must be burning your hand... ranting
It's okay Robbie... we all know she doesn't know wtf she's talking about..
Thending a kith and hug.. hug
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 08:21 PM »

They are currently showing Djoko vs Ferrer match on ESPN for me but I'm off to get showered and dressed ready for my coffee and cake in about an hour and a half.  Oh, the sun is out and the sky is blue shades
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »