Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray through after Nadal withdraws 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray through after Nadal withdraws

(Read 3083 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #120 on: March 31, 2012, 02:11 AM »

Nole has match point.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #121 on: March 31, 2012, 02:12 AM »

Nope, not this point.  Nole dumps the forehand into the net.  Match point still to Nole though. 6-5
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #122 on: March 31, 2012, 02:13 AM »

Juan puts his shot long and Nole wins.  Lucky really.  I think that Andy can do this.  We just don't need a slow start from him.

Right, off to enjoy the sunshine again. shades
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #123 on: March 31, 2012, 02:14 AM »

Djoko wins TB 7-5.  He has survived again.  I can't believe this and the Ferrer match have done his confidence much good.  Far too many UEs in that 2nd set.  At this rate Andy should have no difficulty beating him, provided he brings his A game from the outset.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #124 on: March 31, 2012, 02:17 AM »

Poor serving from Djoko tonight -  only 49% 1st serves in.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #125 on: March 31, 2012, 02:18 AM »

I really do think the strain of defending all those titles is getting to Djoko.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #126 on: March 31, 2012, 02:39 AM »

Looked like deja vu from last night.
The Djoker currently dislikes his first serve and incoming t-bone balls.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #127 on: March 31, 2012, 03:15 AM »

Having watched both these matches, I am now fairly optimistic that Andy can defeat the Joker for the second time this year.  Just a pity he didn't manage to do it when it really, really mattered.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #128 on: March 31, 2012, 09:37 AM »

Juan puts his shot long and Nole wins.  Lucky really.  I think that Andy can do this.  We just don't need a slow start from him.

Right, off to enjoy the sunshine again. shades
I capitulated at 2.10 am feeling sure the match would soon be history with Nole the victor. Pleasantly surprised to see that Juan made some ground and forced a Tie B after Noles 2nd set slump 2 days in a row.

This bodes well for Sunday! Andy will have to start equally agressive and block Nole getting too far ahead early on.

Andy has beaten him recently and will want to consolidate that win.

COME ON ANDY !
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #129 on: March 31, 2012, 09:45 AM »

Can't wait!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #130 on: March 31, 2012, 09:48 AM »

Having watched both these matches, I am now fairly optimistic that Andy can defeat the Joker for the second time this year.  Just a pity he didn't manage to do it when it really, really mattered.
Aileen, I know he didnt do it in Oz but, think I see this as a way forward to winning a 1st GS.
Andy needs to beat the big 3 more consistently in Masters finals to give him the confidence for that elusive "biggy", when it matters as you say.

Ivan Lendl's strategy is stated, to build up Andy step by step so that he will be able to take the very last step under the immense pressure of a GS final. 
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #131 on: March 31, 2012, 11:06 AM »

I capitulated at 2.10 am feeling sure the match would soon be history with Nole the victor. Pleasantly surprised to see that Juan made some ground and forced a Tie B after Noles 2nd set slump 2 days in a row.

This bodes well for Sunday! Andy will have to start equally agressive and block Nole getting too far ahead early on.

Andy has beaten him recently and will want to consolidate that win.

COME ON ANDY !

You can tell how agitated Nole gets with the number of ball bounces - got up to about 19 in the end yes
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #132 on: March 31, 2012, 11:14 AM »

TB time again - this really is an uncanny re-run of the Ferrer match.
Think I'll keep quiet in future!
Thank you Lord. pray
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #133 on: March 31, 2012, 11:47 AM »

Well glad Andy's in the final but  my poor Rafa! Hope the knee improves soon
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray through after Nadal withdraws « Reply #134 on: March 31, 2012, 03:42 PM »

Thank you Lord. pray
Ooohh .. you'll be in for it Robbie after that posting! Maybe have to wash you mouth out with soap and water? w00t
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »