Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Tuesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  News  >  Murray through to Brisbane semi
Pages: [1] Reply

Murray through to Brisbane semi

Andy Murray advanced to the semi finals of the Brisbane International event with a routine 6-4, 7-6(3) victory over Denis Istomin.  

The Scot was relatively untroubled by his big serving opponent. A single break was enough to seal the first set before Istomin briefly threatened at 4-3 in the second. Two untimely double faults from Murray gave the the Uzbekistani two break points, but the Scot held strong and forced a tiebreak. After immediately slipping a mini-break down, Murray broke back and then won four points in a row to seal the match.

Next up is Kei Nishikori.
[ Last edit by boogers January 04, 2013, 10:04 AM ] IP Logged

Denis is from Uzbekistan I believe Philip.
IP Logged

Indeed he is. Whoops!
IP Logged

Indeed he is. Whoops!

You used Bulgaria twice in write up and have only ameneded the one - big serving Bulgarian still to be changed and then we are all good.
IP Logged

Thanks Phil!
I missed the first games of the 1st set so dont know if it was close. I will look at the stats now to see how the margins were.

I'm just glad Andy did enough to go through in straight sets. He didnt look stressed, just a bit frustrated that he didnt close out te point when he had Ad.
He doesnt need to play lights-out tennis every match, especially in the early stages. clap

Just seen Ferrer lose 1st set to Davydenko in Qatar, which is a seldom sight.
My poor David.
Not a fan of the Russian. Fair do's though, the Russian is playing very good.!!!!
[ Last edit by lashurst January 04, 2013, 10:23 PM ] IP Logged

Davydenko back to 2006-2009 best. Absolutely dismantled Ferrer. Davydenko not been broken as of yet. As well as only serving 1 double fault the whole tournament.
IP Logged

Woot!! I keep missing the matches due to time difference, but glad to read Murray is through in straights. Would like to catch his match with Kei!
IP Logged

Interesting on court interview with Andy afterwards where Andy had to correct interviewer when he said Gregor was up next. Lol.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Reply