Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray through to last four at Miami 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray through to last four at Miami

(Read 2749 times)
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #30 on: March 29, 2012, 09:24 PM »

Good article you posted up above, from sportsmedicine Aileen. Tricky balance, maybe he should have something salty, alongside, as well as some papaya tablets or such (if allowed) for indigestion - it can feel as if you are having a heart attack. I am so glad he got the help when he needed it. I think sometimes he has not because he was afraid it would look bad.

Well done, Andy!!
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 09:30 PM »

Also, have not seen it posted - wondered if anyone else noticed, it was somewhere in the 2nd set, Andy had made an error which obviously was annoying but instead of any sort of negativity, he literally brushed it away with his arm, you could see him sweep it off to the right into the imagined trash. Just as we have been suggesting for some time! He is no doubt getting the same advice from Llendl.  It worked beautifully.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #32 on: March 29, 2012, 09:43 PM »

Also, have not seen it posted - wondered if anyone else noticed, it was somewhere in the 2nd set, Andy had made an error which obviously was annoying but instead of any sort of negativity, he literally brushed it away with his arm, you could see him sweep it off to the right into the imagined trash. Just as we have been suggesting for some time! He is no doubt getting the same advice from Llendl.  It worked beautifully.
If memory serves me right, I think the commentators I was listening to on ESPN noticed not only this but how greatly Andy's attitude, on-court behaviour and body-language have improved since linking up with Lendl.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #33 on: March 29, 2012, 10:09 PM »

Ahh--I didn't hear that.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #34 on: March 29, 2012, 10:29 PM »

Monaco is battering Fish. 6 -1 and 5-3 so far in the 2nd. Fish playing v. badly. Nothing going in.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #35 on: March 29, 2012, 10:32 PM »

Aawwee how nice. They just said it's Juan Monaco's birthday today. So he gave himself a nice prezzy. 

A big big win for him, so good luck to him in the next round! clap
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #36 on: March 29, 2012, 10:55 PM »

Monaco's 1st service percentage in the 1st set was 96% - he only missed one!
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #37 on: March 29, 2012, 10:57 PM »

He's been great this week! Constantly underestimated before his matches I think most folk expected him out about 2 rounds ago Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #38 on: March 29, 2012, 11:44 PM »

Monaco is battering Fish. 6 -1 and 5-3 so far in the 2nd. Fish playing v. badly. Nothing going in.
I think Fish is seriously feeling the pressure of being the USA's No.1, but there's no doubt Monaco has had an amazing tournament.  Just shows that players should never be written off - and that, dare I say it, includes Federer.

Meanwhile I'd like to see Ferrer beat Djokovic he's such a gutsy player, but I guess that probably won't happen.

IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #39 on: March 30, 2012, 12:00 AM »

Just thinking generally about commentators. In my opinion the three best in no particular order are:-

Peter Fleming
Mark Petchey
Shiras

Anyone any thoughts?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #40 on: March 30, 2012, 12:15 AM »

As I'm dependent on live-streams I rarely get to see Sky, so -

Robbie Koenig (ESPN)
Frew McMillan (Eurosport)
Mark Petchey

Also I rate Tim Henman as a very good commentator and pundit, just a pity he confines himself to Wimbledon.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #41 on: March 30, 2012, 12:30 AM »

Meanwhile I'd like to see Ferrer beat Djokovic he's such a gutsy player, but I guess that probably won't happen.

Not the way Djoko is playing these first few games - scary!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #42 on: March 30, 2012, 01:11 AM »

Not the way Djoko is playing these first few games - scary!
Hmmm - but they've exchanged breaks of serve at the start of the second, and it's now 2-1 to Ferrer, who looks as though he's really got the bit between his teeth now.  Djoko's ball-bouncing is getting ridiculous.  I've counted anything up to 12 times in this match!

What a shame, Ferrer lost the 2nd set tie-break. Frown

[ Last edit by Aileen March 30, 2012, 03:12 AM ] IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #43 on: March 30, 2012, 05:42 AM »

Come on Murray!! Time to begin turning around the H2H versus Rafa. I think the court and timing are right. GO GO GO Andy.
IP Logged
Psmannie

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #44 on: March 30, 2012, 07:33 AM »

Taken a day to recover from THE match and ready to go again tonight.   The feel of Andy's playing and his recent maturity in dealing with his frustrations means he's in with a great chance of beating Nadal, who isn't playing his best tennis.

Roll on 8.00!  Everything crossed!  Wouldn't a straight set win be nice!    cmonandy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »