Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray through to last four at Miami 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray through to last four at Miami

(Read 3087 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #45 on: March 30, 2012, 09:03 AM »

Also, have not seen it posted - wondered if anyone else noticed, it was somewhere in the 2nd set, Andy had made an error which obviously was annoying but instead of any sort of negativity, he literally brushed it away with his arm, you could see him sweep it off to the right into the imagined trash. Just as we have been suggesting for some time! He is no doubt getting the same advice from Llendl.  It worked beautifully.
Was that when he sent a ball long - just like he did against Rafa at Wimbledon after which he went into meltdown?  He did the same in another match recently and each time I've thought oh no, this could be it but it wasn't and I thought something has really changed in him.  But I didn't notice the trashing it motion - perhaps that's a device that Mr L has suggested; I like it.   Interestingly Peter Fleming [also one of my favourite comms] said that Andy can now accept his mistakes better rather than berate himself as he did in the past.  This is of course necessary if he's going to play more aggressive tennis.
On the comms my favourite is Johnnie Mac - although we only get to enjoy him at Wimbledon over here.
And so pleased that little Monaco made fishpaste last night.  I like him and hope he can climb the rankings; he's also a good friend of Andy's.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #46 on: March 30, 2012, 09:39 AM »

Just thinking generally about commentators. In my opinion the three best in no particular order are:-

Peter Fleming
Mark Petchey
Shiras

Anyone any thoughts?

As I'm dependent on live-streams I rarely get to see Sky, so -

Robbie Koenig (ESPN)
Frew McMillan (Eurosport)
Mark Petchey

Also I rate Tim Henman as a very good commentator and pundit, just a pity he confines himself to Wimbledon.

I'd go with Timmy and Mac - they are great together yes
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #47 on: March 30, 2012, 09:47 AM »

Was that when he sent a ball long - just like he did against Rafa at Wimbledon after which he went into meltdown?  He did the same in another match recently and each time I've thought oh no, this could be it but it wasn't and I thought something has really changed in him.  But I didn't notice the trashing it motion - perhaps that's a device that Mr L has suggested; I like it.   Interestingly Peter Fleming [also one of my favourite comms] said that Andy can now accept his mistakes better rather than berate himself as he did in the past.  This is of course necessary if he's going to play more aggressive tennis.
On the comms my favourite is Johnnie Mac - although we only get to enjoy him at Wimbledon over here.
And so pleased that little Monaco made fishpaste last night.  I like him and hope he can climb the rankings; he's also a good friend of Andy's.

That was probably it, or it may have been some other error. You could see him thinking about doing one of his old tricks, such as bashing his hand with his racquet, but instead, praise the Lord! His arm went out in a smooth sweep to his right exactly as if brushing it away from his thoughts... magnificent.
Unfortunately I missed the Monaco/Fish match, would like to have seen that. I'm afraid I'm still holding a grudge against Mr. Fish for what to me was a dirty trick he once played on Andy.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #48 on: March 30, 2012, 10:14 AM »

Unfortunately I missed the Monaco/Fish match, would like to have seen that. I'm afraid I'm still holding a grudge against Mr. Fish for what to me was a dirty trick he once played on Andy.

Me too abh!
IP Logged
Psmannie

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #49 on: March 30, 2012, 11:18 AM »

and me, elephantine type memory I'm afraid, and hold grudges like a good 'un...
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #50 on: March 30, 2012, 11:20 AM »

I too, don't like Fish, can never forget or forgive the way he treated Andy at Queens.
IP Logged
Psmannie

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #51 on: March 30, 2012, 11:20 AM »

Just thinking generally about commentators. In my opinion the three best in no particular order are:-

Peter Fleming
Mark Petchey
Shiras

Anyone any thoughts?

I like McEnroe's comments and would love to see him working with Peter Fleming, good partnership???
[ Last edit by Psmannie March 30, 2012, 11:24 AM ] IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #52 on: March 30, 2012, 11:54 AM »

I too, don't like Fish, can never forget or forgive the way he treated Andy at Queens.
exactly glad he lost!! Good luck Andy you can beat Nadal.   cmonandy
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #53 on: March 30, 2012, 12:20 PM »

Watched first set and Monaco was playing really well.  I don't think we need to apologise for holding a grudge against Fish.  Didn't he in fact act badly towards Andy twice running around the time of Queens that year though must admit have now forgotten what the other incident was exactly.  And I'd like to see Monaco in top 20.  Apparently he's a really hard worker. 
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #54 on: March 30, 2012, 01:34 PM »

Monaco quite fit......in more ways than one lol
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #55 on: March 30, 2012, 01:45 PM »

I like McEnroe's comments and would love to see him working with Peter Fleming, good partnership???

I really like Peter Fleming , he is objective, his knowledge is excellent, he sees things from  a players point of view and unlike some ex players bears no animosity towards more current successful players - unlike the British Comms who seem to be slightly jealous of Andy and his abilities, sometimes feel that their words are sticking in their throat when they are forced to acknowledge a good play from him.  Mark Petchey is the only exception to this rule, he has a real admiration for Andy and always seems to back him and is philisophical and balanced about losses and never turns them into a big crisis!!
Also about Peter Fleming - he is not an out and out "Fed Worshipper" - take note Annable Croft and Greg Rudeski!!!!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #56 on: March 30, 2012, 01:48 PM »

ded I remember that Fish had the match stopped for bad light. Andy was coming back into the match and looked like he would win. Next day Andy was out of sorts and lost the match. I to do not like fish he can be a nasty character. He lost last night because Monaco was the better player.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #57 on: March 30, 2012, 01:51 PM »

And I'd like to see Monaco in top 20.  Apparently he's a really hard worker. 

Yes, he's a good lad. Friend of Andy, judging by the exchanges they used to have on Twitter.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #58 on: March 30, 2012, 02:55 PM »

I really like Peter Fleming , he is objective, his knowledge is excellent, he sees things from  a players point of view and unlike some ex players bears no animosity towards more current successful players - unlike the British Comms who seem to be slightly jealous of Andy and his abilities, sometimes feel that their words are sticking in their throat when they are forced to acknowledge a good play from him.  Mark Petchey is the only exception to this rule, he has a real admiration for Andy and always seems to back him and is philisophical and balanced about losses and never turns them into a big crisis!!
Also about Peter Fleming - he is not an out and out "Fed Worshipper" - take note Annable Croft and Greg Rudeski!!!!
well said M.M. Exactly how it is .
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray through to last four at Miami « Reply #59 on: March 30, 2012, 03:25 PM »

I agree about PF - also like his rather sardonic sense of humour and the way he can put Marcus down just by raising an eyebrow.
And I agree it's to MP's credit that he bears no ill will towards Andy despite being sacked by him.  I think that also reflects well on Andy himself.  At same time MP is not an 'Andy-worshipper', which would also be wrong in a comm.  I too wonder about a touch of jealousy among some of those ex-2nd/3rd rate players deb.  And while I wouldn't class GR as that, he clearly was never as good as Andy is - though to his credit I think he has acknowledged that himself.  I don't like him and his whiny voice but I think he is prepared to acknowledge Andy's qualities even if sometimes hyper-critical.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »