Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo

(Read 2283 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « on: April 17, 2012, 07:01 PM »

Andy Murray has won his first match on clay of the season by beating Viktor Troicki 6-0 6-3 in 67 minutes.

The Scot used a variety of strong attacking play with an unyielding defence to take control of the match and his Serbian opponent.

It was a good start.

Normally it has taken me a few matches to get used to the clay, but today I moved well from the beginning and that's really important for me on this surface.

I haven't had much time on clay to work on things - I will get that in the next five or six weeks before the French Open.

Murray will next play Julien Benneteau or Jurgen Melzer.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 07:24 PM »

^.. so when we getting the match report, Mark? Wink
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 07:34 PM »

Excellent, andy played well. I think his attitude is changing working with lendl. Lendl is a  great guy and Andy has chosen well. Let us all be patient ,so many of you do not play the game , he will be fine you are all so critical. he has changed so much this last year . Have faith
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 07:37 PM »

Excellent, andy played well. I think his attitude is changing working with lendl. Lendl is a  great guy and Andy has chosen well. Let us all be patient ,so many of you do not play the game , he will be fine you are all so critical. he has changed so much this last year . Have faith

Hey, I'm not!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 08:41 PM »

^.. so when we getting the match report, Mark? Wink
Hopefully the last of these fillers.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 08:43 PM »

Hopefully the last of these fillers.

Whistle MArk had to fill because I forgot Frown Sorry guys!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 08:47 PM »

Don't worry Mark & Hazel...if you start one, the rest of us can fill it to the gunnels with our own 'expert' views. lol
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 08:56 PM »

Great to see Andy and Jamie winning the doubles, a good day at the 'office' for Andy. hope he keeps it up.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 08:57 PM »

For those also interested I've now also posted RTR for tomorrow (really have been asleep this week so far) http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/read-the-round/monte-carlo-2012-day-4-(1804)/
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 09:04 PM »

Whistle MArk had to fill because I forgot Frown Sorry guys!
We'll let you off this time since it was your first one ... naughty  Smile

Superb performance today from Andy.  Constant high serve percentage.  Varied shot selection that had Troicki pulled all over the court like a puppet on a string.  No loss of focus.  Good composure.  What more can one ask for?  Andy playing like this can beat anyone - and on clay!

Well done too to him and Jamie for winning the doubles.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 09:49 PM »

Andy said in his post match interview that he had deliberately not gone for broke on his first serve - paid dividends I would say.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 09:51 PM »

IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 10:57 PM »

great start for him , didnt see it , but heard how well he played.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 11:21 PM »

Andy said in his post match interview that he had deliberately not gone for broke on his first serve - paid dividends I would say.
Interesting ...  Maybe he's just been trying too hard in the past. Think  He certainly looked relaxed on court.

One thought that struck me listening to the interview - Andy may have only had a few days practising on clay but if today's performance was anything to go by, then thank goodness he gave the DC a miss.
[ Last edit by Aileen April 17, 2012, 11:40 PM ] IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 11:22 PM »

Thanks for the videos John. I missed the match b'cos of work and felt miffed about that.

Stylish tennis from Andy! Joy to watch.

Pity I cant say the same about his choice of kit or hair cut. Looks a bit like Lendl with the shaved head, dont you think?

Still I love him for his tennis not his outfits Smile
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »