Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo

(Read 2001 times)
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 11:30 PM »

Whistle MArk had to fill because I forgot Frown Sorry guys!
Oooh, well never mind Hazy, we'll forgive and forget.  Smile

No need for a length report any way, can be summed up in two words.

IMPRESSIVE PERFORMANCE yay
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 11:46 PM »

Thanks for the videos John. I missed the match b'cos of work and felt miffed about that.

Stylish tennis from Andy! Joy to watch.

Pity I cant say the same about his choice of kit or hair cut. Looks a bit like Lendl with the shaved head, dont you think?

Still I love him for his tennis not his outfits Smile
Glad somebody else agrees with me about the outfit.  Strange how everyone went so quiet about it!

I thought in the first photo I saw of him with the new haircut (it wasn't close up) that it was Lendl!  Seems Andy found a razor in his fitness trainer's room and decided to cut his hair - only he didn't know what it was going to turn out like! Whistle

But I agree - who cares.  It's the tennis that counts. Smile

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 01:42 AM »

Interesting ...  Maybe he's just been trying too hard in the past. Think  He certainly looked relaxed on court.

One thought that struck me listening to the interview - Andy may have only had a few days practising on clay but if today's performance was anything to go by, then thank goodness he gave the DC a miss.
He did also say that it depends on the opponent - some like Troicki he prefers to get the first serve in more but take some off it in order to start off constructing the point; against other opponents he tries it hit a bit harder and get some more free points.

Personally think he's better off serving like he did today (well, yesterday now) more often as his second serve is so weak, but I guess Andy has a much better idea than I have. Very Happy
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 02:00 AM »

Personally think he's better off serving like he did today ...
I was thinking the same thing MH.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 02:00 AM »

Thanks for posting John.  Was lovely to see the highlights again Very Happy   Good interview - like the comment that Lendl is not getting the credit for that win, since he'd only just arrived. Very Happy
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 04:36 AM »

Absolutely great ~ the whole package ~ Andy shining on the clay! Love it--Go Andy!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #21 on: April 18, 2012, 01:39 PM »

Let's hope there will be plenty of match reports to come which will be able to do justice to Andy's brilliant tennis as displayed yesterday.

While I'm in total agreement about the haircut Aileen and Lashurst, I have to say I really like the kit.  I think the dark gray and orange go very well together and it's rather more interesting than Andy's kit often is.  I have said this a number of times but noone took me up on it!  Perhaps I'm in a minority of one?    doh

Anyway not Meltzer but Benneteau in the next round. Andy says he's not played him for ages.  Have to say he was pretty impressive today with some amazing serve percentages.  Could be a cracker of a match but won't be able to watch it as in London.  I'll record the highlights tomorrow evening in the hope I'll be wanting to watch them.
IP Logged
mcenroeforever
Satellite Level

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #22 on: April 18, 2012, 03:01 PM »

Well done to Andy, that match was a joy to watch, his use of the angled drop shot was excellent and on this form there's no one better out there with better feel around the net. Looks like last year's performances have given him extra confidence on the red stuff.
Regarding the haircut I think it's great, he'll certainly not have to spend any time grooming it in the mornings when he gets out of bed! In saying that he also looked great during last year's clay court season when it was unkempt and crazy looking. Any extreme hair cut, be it short or long is fine by me!
Looking forward to tomorrow's match, my wife and I are only a week or so away from the birth of our first child now and a first clay court title for Andy would be a lovely distraction from impending parenthood! nervous
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #23 on: April 18, 2012, 03:11 PM »

Wishing you well with impending parenthood mforever.  And hope Andy brings you that title.
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #24 on: April 18, 2012, 03:27 PM »

I like the hair-cut (I think Andy needs to look MEANER on court) and I don't mind the outfit at all, in fact I quite like it.  It could be a lot worse.  Some of Nole's tops are shockers!

I expect a good week from him here, but Nole looked in good shape earlier, and I foresee another Andy v Nole encounter in the semi-finals.  If it is anything like last year in Rome should be a cracker.  Let's see if Ivan can make any difference with Andy over the next few weeks.  Andy could win the french open, it is not impossible at all by any means especially as Nadal and Federer cannot be relied upon.  Can Rafa's knees really handle 2 months hard slogging on the clay? I have my doubts on the evidence of the hard court season after his break.  Nadal is a ticking time-bomb IMO, I think a long injury lay-off is inevitable at some point.  Nole is now an impressive model of consistency.

What we want from Andy before the french is consistency, SF's every tournament at least.  No slip-ups this year at all on the clay.  Then we need to see some wins against Nadal and Nole.  It would do so much for his confidence, and could really put him in the mix for the french if he could win a title or two.

The clay is not my favourite part of the season at all, I long for the green green grass of Queen's and Wimbledon and the Olympics in August, but in the meantime it will serve up some intrigue.

He plays Benneatau now and should not be a hard one if he plays as well as yesterday.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #25 on: April 18, 2012, 03:28 PM »

..my wife and I are only a week or so away from the birth of our first child now and a first clay court title for Andy would be a lovely distraction from impending parenthood! nervous
Congrats to you and your wife mcf... your life will never be the same again, and you'll wonder what the heck you did with all that time you thought you never had before. yes
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #26 on: April 18, 2012, 03:43 PM »

I hope the higher serving percentages is a sign of things to come. I do miss seeing Andy getting aces with the flat bombs but if he has an off day then it puts enormous pressure on his 2nd serve.

He certainly moved well on clay from the get go which is encouraging. Having watched the rerun of the whole match, Troicki has regressed since he came close to beating Andy at RG. Andy looked secure throughout the whole match so here's hoping this continues through the clay and grass court stretch.

BTW, really liking the grey kit and black Barricades 7 shoes. Quite tempted getting a pair.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #27 on: April 18, 2012, 04:11 PM »

I'm beginning to like the haircuit and I do like the grey and orange kit, the combination made him look more menacing!
IP Logged
AtomicTickets

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #28 on: April 18, 2012, 04:48 PM »

Great match for Andy ! It appears the working with Lendl is looking like a great decision ! Serve percentage was great so that is always a plus www.atomictickets.com I think that continued practice on clay will only help Andy's game get even stronger !
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray through to third round at Monte Carlo « Reply #29 on: April 18, 2012, 05:02 PM »

Looking at some of the posts re Andy's haircut and sartorial elegance, it appears to be a male versus female situation. In the main, the men appear to approve, whereas in the main, the ladies (led by Aileen) diapprove.

I like both!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »