Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray to be in all-star DVD 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray to be in all-star DVD

(Read 409 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray to be in all-star DVD « on: November 20, 2005, 11:18 PM »

Source: BBC
Andy Murray has been approached by tennis legend Jimmy Connors to be part of a new instructional DVD.

BBC Sport understands that Connors, the eight-time former Grand Slam champion, is going to make a film next year on the fundamentals of tennis.

He has already signed up Chris Evert, Boris Becker and the world number one doubles team Bob and Mike Bryan.

On Tuesday he phoned Murray personally to invite him to join the team of stars in California.

The call took Murray by surprise but he considers it a big honour. It is hoped that a date in February can be arranged, subject to Murray's playing commitments.

He is planning a two-month swing of tournaments in the USA during February and March culminating in the Masters Series events at Indian Wells and Miami.

Connors said:
I've been waiting for a project that grabbed my attention and this is it. The DVD will reflect the attitude and passion that I put into the way I played tennis. It will also help support the preservation of this great game through the International Tennis Hall of Fame.

A release date has been scheduled for the summer of 2006.

- Full Story (bbc.co.uk)
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Murray to be in all-star DVD « Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 02:45 PM »

Jimmy Connors....what an honour that is for Andy!

I might get it, just because Andy is in it
[ Last edit by Sir Panda January 27, 2008, 06:40 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »