Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray to face Djokovic in London test 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray to face Djokovic in London test

(Read 3336 times)
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Murray to face Djokovic in London test « on: November 15, 2011, 01:56 PM »

Andy Murray has been drawn in the same group as world number one Novak Djokovic for next week’s World Tour Finals at the 02 Arena, London.

The Scot will play in Group A in the round-robin style tournament, along with Spaniard David Ferrer and Thomas Berdych who, interestingly enough, defeated Murray in the Paris Masters last week.

Berdych holds an imposing 3-1 record over Murray and has become a slight bogey player for Britain’s number one considering the Czech knocked him out of last year’s French Open in the fourth round.

Djokovic, well rested after pulling out of the Paris Masters before his quarter-final with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, has beaten Murray six times yet lost when the two met in the Cincinnati Masters final in August.

And this year’s World Tour Finals sees a repeat of last year’s group clash between Murray and Ferrer which Murray won in straight sets. Of course, Murray has cemented his dominance over the diminutive Spaniard with three consecutive victories against him since then.

Group B's highlight is a clash between old foes Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer, a tie which sees a well documented rivalry reignited. Tsonga and Mardy Fish are the final two in the group.

Murray will play on Monday but it has not been announced if he will be in the day or evening session. You can follow all the action in our forum and read our report straight after the match.

Murray's probable route to the final:

SF: Federer
F: Djokovic/Nadal
[ Last edit by allyh84 November 15, 2011, 03:33 PM ] IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 03:37 PM »

I actually think this is a good draw for Murray.

He knows what he is up against and I am sure will just go for it.

This time he will  beat Berdych no nonsense.

I think he will be mentally prepared and of course in excellent shape . This is what he has been waiting. just go and do it Andy, we are behind you.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 03:46 PM »

Group B to play first - Federer v Tsonga on Sunday afternoon.

Andy v Ferrer to Monday afternoon according to Radio 5 Live.
IP Logged
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 04:17 PM »

If Nadal/Federer is on Tuesday, I may explode.
IP Logged
Lucky Loser
Challenger Level

Damed if we do & Damned if we don't!

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 04:22 PM »

Group B to play first - Federer v Tsonga on Sunday afternoon.

Andy v Ferrer to Monday afternoon according to Radio 5 Live.

Well that should be an interesting match and I don' think ---  Whistle
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 04:27 PM »

yawn Exactly!
IP Logged
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 06:11 PM »

Who cares, it's tennis is the UK. I am pumped.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 06:11 PM »

If Nadal/Federer is on Tuesday, I may explode.

They will be.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 06:13 PM »

With Nadal having not played for weeks yet again the Fed gets the easy draw!
I have tickets for Thurs so wont see Andy live as he is likely to be Mon, Wed and Fri but I will be cheering for whoever the Fed is playing!
Mind you wouldnt it be great if Andy cemented his No 3 spot by annialating the Fed in the Semi finals!!

[ Last edit by Tessie November 15, 2011, 06:16 PM ] IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 06:26 PM »

I actually think this is a good draw for Murray.

He knows what he is up against and I am sure will just go for it.

This time he will  beat Berdych no nonsense.

I think he will be mentally prepared and of course in excellent shape . This is what he has been waiting. just go and do it Andy, we are behind you.
Yes me  too, i really think he will, and i am going to watch on monday, so i will be shouting for all of us. go Andy yay
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 06:28 PM »

With Nadal having not played for weeks yet again the Fed gets the easy draw!
I have tickets for Thurs so wont see Andy live as he is likely to be Mon, Wed and Fri but I will be cheering for whoever the Fed is playing!
Mind you wouldnt it be great if Andy cemented his No 3 spot by annialating the Fed in the Semi finals!!

Yes and Tessie he will be on the practise courts on thursday, we saw him on a day he wasnt playing a match. we got really close it was fab. yay
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 06:44 PM »

I think it's a winnable group for Andy.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 07:01 PM »

Yes and Tessie he will be on the practise courts on thursday, we saw him on a day he wasnt playing a match. we got really close it was fab. yay

Hope so, shame not to see him live but will be yelling at the tv as usual. You will have to shout so..........loud he cant do anything but win.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 07:37 PM »

Please all shout for me.

I live in Cyprus.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 08:02 PM »

Hope so, shame not to see him live but will be yelling at the tv as usual. You will have to shout so..........loud he cant do anything but win.
oh i will be, poor person sitting next to me!!!!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »