Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, Estimated time - 8:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray to face Djokovic in London test 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray to face Djokovic in London test

(Read 3247 times)
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #75 on: November 17, 2011, 10:36 AM »

I think it depends on how the first round of matches go JS.
Yes, Alis, I appreciate that to a certain degree but they must each play at least 3 matches - one each against each person in their group to determine who goes on. I believe I read somewhere that they play alternate days so I am assuming that Andy will play Monday afternoon (2 p.m. as there is a doubles match from 12.30) and then sometime on Wednesday and Friday. I hope those people who have made it to watch them live wear MW tee-shirts or something and give us a wave!

Many thanks Joe. I can't remember what the set up was but there is a doubles match from 12.30 and the singles matches are not before 2 p.m. For the evening session there is a doubles match starting 6.15 with the singles match at 8 p.m. The Bleacher Report sends me e-mails and that is where I picked up the info.
[ Last edit by janscribe November 17, 2011, 10:40 AM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #76 on: November 17, 2011, 10:37 AM »

Yes I sure will Caz and I have a VERY loud voice!!!!  But really disappointed Andy isn't playing Sunday (as he has done the last two years I think) as it means I won't be able to watch his first two matches on TV as have unbreakable commitments both days.  I'm just hoping his Friday match isn't make or break as I'm not sure I'll be able to stand the tension when I'm there.
Awww.......I know we can always rely on you Ruthie! I hope all you guys going there have a great time! Oh......If you meet Andy again, give him my love! hug
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #77 on: November 17, 2011, 10:40 AM »

Awww.......I know we can always rely on you Ruthie! I hope all you guys going there have a great time! Oh......If you meet Andy again, give him my love! hug
Mine too please!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #78 on: November 17, 2011, 12:30 PM »

Mine too please!
Should I be so lucky will say I come bearing love from his biggest fans on MW!  
[ Last edit by Ruthie November 17, 2011, 04:35 PM ] IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #79 on: November 17, 2011, 03:01 PM »

Should I be so lucky will say I bring bearing love from his biggest fans on MW!  
Me too guys, you never know, we might  get to say high!! wouldnt that be great.  hug
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #80 on: November 17, 2011, 03:10 PM »

Does anyone know why on the Murray web site he is ranked 5 for O2? maybe its a mistake surely he is number 3?
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #81 on: November 17, 2011, 03:31 PM »

I noticed that yesterday, they have definitely made an error somehow.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #82 on: November 17, 2011, 04:18 PM »

I noticed that yesterday, they have definitely made an error somehow.
Hadnt he just got his number 4 back from soderling, last year, i think he was 5 for a short time just before the O2.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #83 on: November 17, 2011, 05:29 PM »

...the people that work there, they knew who was practising and when... 

Not all of them it seems.  Last year we went for a sit in the practise area and they kept saying "Djoko's coming", but for an hour the court stayed empty.  In the end we gave up.  We came back a bit later and Muzza was in there.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #84 on: November 17, 2011, 06:31 PM »

:
Not all of them it seems.  Last year we went for a sit in the practise area and they kept saying "Djoko's coming", but for an hour the court stayed empty.  In the end we gave up.  We came back a bit later and Muzza was in there.
They were really helpful when we were there, but i guess its the luck of the draw who you ask, i must admit some not so helpful!! still id much rather  see muzza TD than  Djoko!!   cmon yeah
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #85 on: November 17, 2011, 06:36 PM »

Not all of them it seems.  Last year we went for a sit in the practise area and they kept saying "Djoko's coming", but for an hour the court stayed empty.  In the end we gave up.  We came back a bit later and Muzza was in there.
I had something like that happen.  In the end it was Boris Becker with kids who turned up so I went off to get something to eat and then a bit later saw on a tv monitor Sky interviewing Andy on the practice court so ran fast as I could through whole 02 and elbowed my way in to a front row seat to watch him practise! So if anyone saw a mad older woman running through 02 on the tues lunchtime last year, it was me!!!
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #86 on: November 17, 2011, 07:02 PM »

I had something like that happen.  In the end it was Boris Becker with kids who turned up so I went off to get something to eat and then a bit later saw on a tv monitor Sky interviewing Andy on the practice court so ran fast as I could through whole 02 and elbowed my way in to a front row seat to watch him practise! So if anyone saw a mad older woman running through 02 on the tues lunchtime last year, it was me!!!

I'd have done the same Ruthie - except I can't run any more. Do hope you enjoy your time at the O2 - it's a long way to come from Devon so I'll just watch from my sofa and enjoy it all.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #87 on: November 17, 2011, 09:01 PM »

Last year in Toronto, I checked the pratise boards to see which court Andy would be on.  I still had 5 minutes to spare, so while I was casually meandering my way there I jumped when I heard an insistent  'beep-beep-beep' behind me.... only to find Andy's golf cart almost knocking me down! (He was the passenger, not the driver.)
Needless to say I hot-footed it to the court. yes
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #88 on: November 17, 2011, 10:36 PM »

I think you missed a trick there Scotnadian.You should have fainted in the path of the golf cart.    Who knows you might have got the kiss of life from Andy. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray to face Djokovic in London test « Reply #89 on: November 17, 2011, 11:57 PM »

wouldnt time travel be great, sadly no trip to N.Z , trying to get a t.shirt printed.

The MW one's are great quality - you should check them out. yes
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »