Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray to feature in Miami Tennis Cup 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray to feature in Miami Tennis Cup

(Read 1882 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Murray to feature in Miami Tennis Cup « on: November 27, 2012, 06:01 PM »

Andy Murray will be taking part in the Miami Tennis Cup exhibition tournament this weekend where he will be joining Andy Roddick, Juan-Carlos Ferrero, Alejandro Falla, Nicolas Almagro and John Isner.

This is the first tournament of its kind in the US and will take place from November 30th to December 2nd. Britain’s number one has a bye in the first round and will face Andy Roddick in the semi-finals on Saturday 1st December in the evening.

As it is an exhibition tournament no ranking points will be on offer.

In other news, Murray has been shortlisted for the 2012 BBC Sports Personality of the Year award along with the likes of Bradley Wiggins and Sir Chris Hoy. Discuss it here.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter November 30, 2012, 09:47 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray to feature in Miami Tennis Cup « Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 06:04 PM »

We're lucky Murray has a bye as he'll be well rested for all those other matches Wink
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Murray to feature in Miami Tennis Cup « Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 06:06 PM »

This tournament could well prove beneficial. I know it's only an exhibition event but it could give Andy a clear indication of both the form he is in and his mindset which could prepare him for the 2013 season. Also it could prepare him for Brisbane in January unlike last year where he played 0 exhos in the new year and went into Brisbane cold and unprepared for at least the first 2 matches. None the less I have full faith in Andy to go in 2013 firing whether he plays exhos or not.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray to feature in Miami Tennis Cup « Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 06:34 PM »

I don't think this tournament will reveal much. I doubt any of them will take it particularly seriously, two of them are retired, and most (if not all of them) have been on holiday and have only just started training.

Abu Dhabi the weekend before Brisbane (end of December) will be a lot more telling.
IP Logged
Dennis Dunbar
Re: Murray to feature in Miami Tennis Cup « Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 09:14 PM »

Andy first came to notice of british public when he was awarded Young Sports Personality of the year about 10 years ago after winning US junior title. Been following him through thick and thin since! would be great if he won Sports Personality of the year nobody deserves it more.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray to feature in Miami Tennis Cup « Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 06:53 PM »

This will help to keep him in trim in and he can practise his serving!

It shows he loves his sport too!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray to feature in Miami Tennis Cup « Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 08:25 PM »

:
I don't thiink this tournament will reveal much. I doubt any of them will take it particularly seriously, two of them are retired, and most (if not all of them) have been on holiday and have only just started training.

Abu Dhabi the weekend before Brisbane (end of December) will be a lot more telling.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray to feature in Miami Tennis Cup « Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 06:33 PM »

This tournament has been shambolic so far - first they mess the scheduling around at the last minute, presumably because they wanted the two Andys to play each other and that both meeting in the final couldn't, in their opinion, be guaranteed - then it's discovered that the much trumpeted  "unique" red, white and blue court" hasn't appeared - or at least it hadn't for yesterday's matches.

Anyway I'm sure Andy will enjoy himself.  It'll probably be a welcome break from his training block.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray to feature in Miami Tennis Cup « Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 06:39 PM »

Oh well.. as long as the paying punters get their money's worth, and Andy has a practice session with benefits and a bit of a larf, it should be all good. Very Happy

You watching, Aileen?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray to feature in Miami Tennis Cup « Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 07:17 PM »

I'll see how I feel nearer the time, which I expect will be around midnight GMT and not 10 pm as was originally thought.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray to feature in Miami Tennis Cup « Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 07:26 PM »

I'll see how I feel nearer the time, which I expect will be around midnight GMT and not 10 pm as was originally thought.
According to lshunter it's now scheduled for 12.30,although they got the times for the Ivanovic/Sharapova doubles exho wrong earlier,so I'm now completely confused about the timing of it all!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray to feature in Miami Tennis Cup « Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 07:38 PM »

According to lshunter it's now scheduled for 12.30,although they got the times for the Ivanovic/Sharapova doubles exho wrong earlier,so I'm now completely confused about the timing of it all!
I've just looked, only 10 mins after your post, and it says 01.30!  But as LSH is on GMT+2 that would make it 11.30 GMT.

Does it surprise you that LSH is confused!!! Rolling Eyes

That said, you have to keep an eye on LSH at the best of times because their information isn't always correct and also it can change as match times change depending on how long matches last.  The best thing to do is to keep in touch with MW. Smile

P.S.  I see from the other thread that 11.30 pm is the time ...
[ Last edit by Aileen December 01, 2012, 08:05 PM ] IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Murray to feature in Miami Tennis Cup « Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 01:03 AM »

Roddick won it seems, for all it matters....roll on Australia in January!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »