Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray to play in Aberdeen Cup 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray to play in Aberdeen Cup  (Read 1162 times)
arka
Re: Murray to play in Aberdeen Cup « Reply #15 on: April 09, 2006, 06:31 PM »

Thank you, I am more than familiar with how tennis is played in GB.

What I say is that playing Scotland without England shows a big partisan mentality. You people may be really excited because you are getting to see Andy against a variety of opposition but for me, who will probably never get to see Andy, this is really illogical. I dont think Spain will inspire them any more than England will, if not less.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Murray to play in Aberdeen Cup « Reply #16 on: April 09, 2006, 06:41 PM »

getting to see Andy against a variety of opposition but for me, who will probably never get to see Andy, this is really illogical

That statement makes no sense. Your an Andy Murray Fan. We will get to see him against a variety of opposition and you won't? How exactly? Ok if you mean live then yeah it's possible. However, If Andy was playing for GB then he'd still be playing against the same variety of opposition. So that point makes no sense like i said.

It's not all about Andy, but other scottish players on tour. And the opposition doesn't matter. ANy tennis player who gets the chance to represent their country is gonna take it regardless. It's once in a lifetime stuff. I mean you see how much rusedski likes davis cup for example!

What we're saying is it;s a benefit to scottish tennis to stage exhibition mathces. simple as that.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Murray to play in Aberdeen Cup « Reply #17 on: April 09, 2006, 06:47 PM »

But then how can the LTA deprive Engalnd of the chance?
 Its not as if the status of tennis in England is great. They have not planned some sort of a London Cup or Nottingham Cup for England against France or the USA. This is really stupid and this may lead us back to the dark years of British tennis.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Murray to play in Aberdeen Cup « Reply #18 on: April 09, 2006, 08:33 PM »

It's not the LTA, but Tennis Scotland which governs the sport up here. While recieving backing for the LTA, they mostly concentrate south of the border. Everything is run and organised by Tennis Scotland and it would be them organising these matches with other nations.

Apart from tennis it also encourages people from other countries to visit scotland as well. You have to understand, that England are capable of organising their own matches, they just seem to be choosing not to. That's the LTA's choice. Take up with them. There is no negative to waht scotland are planning.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply