Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia

(Read 6785 times)
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #165 on: February 10, 2012, 05:45 PM »

I feel, if Andy is not physically right he should not play. Fed, nadal and Nole do not play and are not playing now why so much fuss  that Andy is not playing.  If he played in this event, they won and then went onto the other event and uk lost because he was not playing they would be back where they were originally, UK cannot use Andy just to win. he must not be,made to feel guilty by the media it is wrong.  I can say Lendl will not put up with this, he is a very strong person, and will look after Andy.I
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #166 on: February 10, 2012, 05:48 PM »

MAGNIFENT DAN!   yay yay yay   What a boost for him and the team.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #167 on: February 10, 2012, 05:55 PM »

I agree this is great.  So much confidence for the rest of the team. Come on GB.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #168 on: February 10, 2012, 05:57 PM »

If there's a dog running tonight at Hall Green Greyhound Stadium with Dan in its name, I think I should put a tenner on it.  Well done Dan Evans.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #169 on: February 10, 2012, 06:05 PM »

I feel, if Andy is not physically right he should not play. Fed, nadal and Nole do not play and are not playing now why so much fuss  that Andy is not playing.  If he played in this event, they won and then went onto the other event and uk lost because he was not playing they would be back where they were originally, UK cannot use Andy just to win. he must not be,made to feel guilty by the media it is wrong.  I can say Lendl will not put up with this, he is a very strong person, and will look after Andy.I
Fed is playing, by the way. but that's neither here nor there, given his poor record in the past.  I don't think Andy was in any way lying about having niggles after the AO.  He complained in particular that he had a pinched nerve in his back, and that isn't something to take lightly.  If aggravated, Andy could end up with a chronic problem which could seriously interrupt or even end his career.  Time Andy's critics woke up to reality.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #170 on: February 10, 2012, 06:23 PM »

Go team GB!
Just finished watching Fish win against Stan. Almost 4.5 hrs.. very tight in final set.  Stan's backhand is awesome... and because he wasn't playing Andy I was able to appreciate it.. Whistle
Fed up next against Isner.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #171 on: February 10, 2012, 06:36 PM »

Well played Dan. How terrific yay
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #172 on: February 10, 2012, 07:04 PM »

FCR You seem to be the only one to say that Andy should play DC. It is time for him to look after himself and not get injured he has done much in the past and got injured. It is time the other player began to pull their weight and win games in the DC.
[ Last edit by Littlebuddha February 10, 2012, 07:12 PM ] IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #173 on: February 10, 2012, 07:36 PM »

FCR You seem to be the only one to say that Andy should play DC. It is time for him to look after himself and not get injured he has done much in the past and got injured. It is time the other player began to pull their weight and win games in the DC.
I never have been one to follow the crowd.  Perhaps the next time Argentina play, Messi will sit at home with his feet up, waiting for others to step up to plate.  That should go down well.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #174 on: February 10, 2012, 08:36 PM »

Life sucks does'nt it we all can't get what we want or are you an exception.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #175 on: February 10, 2012, 09:23 PM »

I never have been one to follow the crowd.  Perhaps the next time Argentina play, Messi will sit at home with his feet up, waiting for others to step up to plate.  That should go down well.

FFS, what about this are you not understanding? A Group 1 Davis Cup tie does not carry the same importance as an international match does in football - besides which, plenty of top players skip less-important matches (e.g. Friendlies) in football.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #176 on: February 10, 2012, 11:05 PM »

Yes, the Argentines have treated him well for his loyalty haven't they? I've seen him booed off the pitch.  In his home country they call him the 'foreigner'. Messi can't win tournaments for his country on his own and neither can Andy Murray. Others have to play their part.

Federer never made the Davis Cup a priority. Even when he was #1.  He represents Switzerland whatever tournament he plays in.  Just as Andy represents GB.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #177 on: February 10, 2012, 11:47 PM »

Well done Dan Evans!  What a fabulous win for him - it should do wonders for his confidence.  Now if Andy had been playing, Dan wouldn't have had the chance to play and this could be a real turning point for him!

I do wish Bouncy would keep his opinions to himself - his constant harping ...  'I'm not criticising, just disappointed that Andy didn't see fit to play - he was in Edinburgh last night and he could have played just a couple of matches ........  ' sounds very much like criticism to me!

............. and USA are 2-0 up against Swizerland - Isner beat Smugfed in 4 - what a result!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #178 on: February 11, 2012, 12:43 AM »

Well done Dan Evans!  What a fabulous win for him - it should do wonders for his confidence.  Now if Andy had been playing, Dan wouldn't have had the chance to play and this could be a real turning point for him.y
I understand Dan wouldn't have played either if Jamie Baker had been fit, so some angels were obviously looking after him.

I do wish Bouncy would keep his opinions to himself - his constant harping ...  'I'm not criticising, just disappointed that Andy didn't see fit to play - he was in Edinburgh last night and he could have played just a couple of matches ........  ' sounds very much like criticism to me!
Best moment of the day was when Bouncy's microphone packed in!!  I loved it too when the Slovakian team brushed him aside when he tried to speak to them during the second rubber.  Even the commentators were poking fun at him about that one.  He's just got to have his mouth open, no matter what. Rolling Eyes Thankfully Andy is now in safely Miami, away from all the negative criticism.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #179 on: February 11, 2012, 01:44 PM »

Well spotted Joe - they certainly do have a very familiar ring ... Whistle
Good for Leon! yay

No it wisnae me I promise. I've been up all night trying to write a reply to the toast to the lassies which unfortunately I have to give tonight. Found MW joke pages very helpful!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »