Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia

(Read 6834 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « on: January 31, 2012, 03:34 PM »

Andy Murray has decided to miss next month's Davis Cup encounter against Slovakia because of minor injury concerns following the Australian Open.

I'm gutted to miss out on the Davis Cup having really enjoyed playing last year.

But, as it's only the start of an important season, which includes the Olympics in London, it's probably a sensible decision.

I've been told to take a few weeks off after picking up a few minor injuries in Australia.

My focus in 2012 is on performing well in the Grand Slams and the Olympics. I look forward to playing in the next Davis Cup tie later in the year.
IP Logged
sengamac
Challenger Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 04:12 PM »

I'm sad he won't be playing but it's the right decision.   Its such a shame as he really enjoys playing with the team.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 04:31 PM »

^ I do think it's the right decision - and it gives the other guys a chance to make a difference and shine.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 05:17 PM »

Yes, I agree it is for the best, he has a long season ahead  of him.  Hope he recovers soon.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 05:33 PM »

I feel sorry for those who were looking forward to seeing him play, but yes he has to put his personal career ahead of the team right now.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 05:43 PM »

I feel sorry for those who were looking forward to seeing him play, but yes he has to put his personal career ahead of the team right now.
yes Of course he does.
IP Logged
Adrian
Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 06:04 PM »

I always thought that he would not play in this particular Davis Cup tie, due to the timing of the tie. Also sensible to rest the body and prevent small, niggling injuries from becoming major injuries- particularly the back and knee, which have been bothering Andy since Brisbane.
Good opportunity to rest before his training camp with Lendl in Miami and the on to the Dubai Tennis tournament.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 06:07 PM »

http://www.nu.nl/sport/2729040/murray-meldt-zich-af-davis-cup.html

Also news in NL...
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 06:40 PM »

Interesting the Dutch are sitting up and taking note Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 06:59 PM »

Sorry for the folks who had tickets for DC.. but completely agree with decision.  If he's hurting, he needs to heal....and if I happen to be lucky enough to meet him running along South Beach Miami  wub.. I will gladly pass on all your best wishes.. hug

* south beach run.jpg (8.58 KB, 300x168 - viewed 1060 times.)
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 07:04 PM »

Sensible decision by Andy - let's hope that the British press don't do their usual!
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 08:16 PM »

Sensible decision by Andy - let's hope that the British press don't do their usual!

Oh but they will!
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 09:34 PM »

Oh but they will!

Sure as eggs is eggs.     I can't think of another sports star who has been criticised as Andy has.   His demeanour, his hair, his
language, his opinions, the fact that he has opinions, his mother, his refusal to grin at the camera - it's endless.    Why?
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 12:02 AM »

I'd rather Andy spend some quality time with Ivan in the next few weeks before Indian Wells and Miami, which hopefully can help Andy get to the next level come the French Open and beyond.

This gives James Ward and other lads the opportunity to step up rather than relying on Andy in the past. Might be a good time to draft in the likes of Liam Brody and Oliver Golding.

Andy has done amazing for British tennis so the UK press has a damn cheek criticising him. Without Andy, Britain would be struggling to see anyone making beyond the first round of a major, never mind getting into Semi Finals and Finals.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 04:37 AM »

Sounds like a good decision.  Enjoy your time off Andy! 
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »