Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia

(Read 7103 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #180 on: February 11, 2012, 06:17 PM »

No it wisnae me I promise. I've been up all night trying to write a reply to the toast to the lassies which unfortunately I have to give tonight. Found MW joke pages very helpful!
I'll believe you. wink  Rather late for anyone to be holding a Burns Supper ...?
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #181 on: February 12, 2012, 12:45 PM »

Trying to understand the draw here

http://www.daviscup.com/en/results/group-i/europe-africa.aspx

If GB wins, they go on to play Belgium in April.
If they lose what happens? Do they play the losers of Israel/Portugal, in September?
Thanks Allen for answer: If GB win then it's a another tie in April again Belgium. If they lose it then depends on who wins between Slovakia and Belgium when they play each other.

Neil Harman not much help!

If GB wins today we play Belgium at home in next round in April; if we lose it is very complicated. Watch this space
http://twitter.com/NeilHarmanTimes
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #182 on: February 12, 2012, 01:09 PM »

:
I'll believe you. wink  Rather late for anyone to be holding a Burns Supper ...?
I understand the limitations of email but does the wink mean you don't believe me? I think you are trying to make me out to be some sort of troll - I have never been near any BBC website. This may be my hangover talking but MW regulars seem to be a bit nasty to those who are not on here as much whenever we express a different  or slightly critical opinion and there is a double standard applying as well. I've seen Boogers for example absolutely slag Andy. Thinking Andy should play Davis cup does not make me an enemy of the people you know. Somebody made some snide remark about humble pie earlier so I decided to keep arguing but  I think quite a few fans agree with me anyway and probably Andy too. And the toast went surprisingly well thanks for asking. Rolling Eyes

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #183 on: February 12, 2012, 02:41 PM »

:I understand the limitations of email but does the wink mean you don't believe me? I think you are trying to make me out to be some sort of troll - I have never been near any BBC website. This may be my hangover talking but MW regulars seem to be a bit nasty to those who are not on here as much whenever we express a different  or slightly critical opinion and there is a double standard applying as well. I've seen Boogers for example absolutely slag Andy. Thinking Andy should play Davis cup does not make me an enemy of the people you know. Somebody made some snide remark about humble pie earlier so I decided to keep arguing but  I think quite a few fans agree with me anyway and probably Andy too. And the toast went surprisingly well thanks for asking. Rolling Eyes

Hi MT.. that was me who made the 'humble pie' comment.... I was just trying inject a little humour into the situation... but I have clearly offended you, and I do honestly apologise for this. Embarassed
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #184 on: February 12, 2012, 04:00 PM »

:I understand the limitations of email but does the wink mean you don't believe me? I think you are trying to make me out to be some sort of troll - I have never been near any BBC website. This may be my hangover talking but MW regulars seem to be a bit nasty to those who are not on here as much whenever we express a different  or slightly critical opinion and there is a double standard applying as well. I've seen Boogers for example absolutely slag Andy. Thinking Andy should play Davis cup does not make me an enemy of the people you know. Somebody made some snide remark about humble pie earlier so I decided to keep arguing but  I think quite a few fans agree with me anyway and probably Andy too. And the toast went surprisingly well thanks for asking. Rolling Eyes

Hi MT - Sorry, I wasn't in any way meaning to offend you, and I concede the smiley might not have been the most appropriate one to chose.  Also I have ever been deliberately "nasty" towards members who don't post too often unless they really are trolls, which you certainly aren't.  Putting forward sensible arguments isn't trolling, even if people disagree with them.  That's what makes MW such a good forum.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #185 on: February 12, 2012, 05:54 PM »

:I understand the limitations of email but does the wink mean you don't believe me? I think you are trying to make me out to be some sort of troll - I have never been near any BBC website. This may be my hangover talking but MW regulars seem to be a bit nasty to those who are not on here as much whenever we express a different  or slightly critical opinion and there is a double standard applying as well. I've seen Boogers for example absolutely slag Andy. Thinking Andy should play Davis cup does not make me an enemy of the people you know. Somebody made some snide remark about humble pie earlier so I decided to keep arguing but  I think quite a few fans agree with me anyway and probably Andy too. And the toast went surprisingly well thanks for asking. Rolling Eyes

You maybe onto something here. I have already faced my fair share of lovely time here but somehow I feel that's the norm of a forum life in general. People should really be entitled to their opinion because that's the ultimate goal of a message board after all. Though rather than taking the sarcastic approach the moment it appears, one can definitely a bit more thoughtful in their posts, but it's a choice we make and probably prefer. And sadly, soon enough, you will also find yourself in a similar situation as do I sometimes. It just sucks you in before you know it. 

Re: DC - I think before we judge him, we must understand that he's under enormous pressure than anyone else one the tour and while, he surely can help the other lads on the GB team, no other lad can help him in his quest to win his first major. He is completely on his own there. And if he takes a fall by any chance, no one will be there to catch him and comfort him either and no one other than Andy himself knows this the best. He's just prioritizing his goals accordingly as he should do so. And once he does, this would ultimately go as not only a much bigger goal achieved on his part but a goal achieved by the nation as well. Not to mention, his name will be sealed in the big picture perhaps bigger than Fred Perry’s ever was. How can anyone not see it and thrive on it?
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #186 on: February 12, 2012, 09:05 PM »

Hi MT - Sorry, I wasn't in any way meaning to offend you, and I concede the smiley might not have been the most appropriate one to chose.  Also I have ever been deliberately "nasty" towards members who don't post too often unless they really are trolls, which you certainly aren't.  Putting forward sensible arguments isn't trolling, even if people disagree with them.  That's what makes MW such a good forum.
Thanks I appreciate that.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #187 on: February 12, 2012, 11:36 PM »

Phil says that this is a coping mechanism, though he's not alone and it does come across badly on the forum.  I try to ignore those kinds of posts.

I hope that you had a great time in Braehead - I'm sure that it would have been an excellent atmosphere in the final match.  And you will be able to do it all again in April.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #188 on: February 14, 2012, 06:31 PM »

I as a Slovak,should be happy as we wont get our ass kicked so much,but as a fan Im dissapointed that he has to skip this.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #189 on: February 15, 2012, 08:18 PM »

A couple of things:  First Good on GB on winning their Davis Cup tie now onto Belgium!!

I watched the US doubles match with Federer and Warinka, and was happy that not only did US win that match, Fed played terrible.  So, not only did he lose in singles to Isner, he lost in doubles.

Lastly, Andy needs to think about the big picture and that may sometimes get in the way of Davis Cup.  As great as it is to play for your country, which I am sure he enjoys, he needs to think about training with Mr. Lendl and getting the most out of what he can teach him before Indian Wells and Miami begin.

I remember when Sampras and Agassi were on tour, they did their best to play Davis Cup, but not if it got in the way of maintaining their ranking on the ATP.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #190 on: February 15, 2012, 10:54 PM »

Hi MT.. that was me who made the 'humble pie' comment.... I was just trying inject a little humour into the situation... but I have clearly offended you, and I do honestly apologise for this. Embarassed
I feel like a complete sap now being so touchy. I'm not really offended at all. I just thought Aileen was saying I was a liar and although I frequently lie through my teeth actually this time I wasn't. Thats the trouble with email - you don't get to see the expression behind the words.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #191 on: February 16, 2012, 06:46 AM »

MT, I think many on here, me included, are also a bit "touchy" about anyone thinking that that Andy should play Davis Cup with the teeniest, weeniest suspicion of injury.
Let's all blame John Lloyd Smile
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #192 on: February 16, 2012, 04:41 PM »

Has anyone seen the article in the tennis times sorry don't no how to post I did try but don't know were it went !!! It's not very complimentary about Lendl and our Andy !!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #193 on: February 16, 2012, 04:48 PM »

Nope, I have not see it, thank goodness.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #194 on: February 16, 2012, 05:06 PM »

I have just read it and it is a load of rubbish. Written by someone who didn't get past the Futures and Satelite level, and is suffering from jealousy.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »