Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia

(Read 6961 times)
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #195 on: February 16, 2012, 05:12 PM »

...........  which is so often the case!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #196 on: February 16, 2012, 06:00 PM »

I have just read it and it is a load of rubbish. Written by someone who didn't get past the Futures and Satelite level, and is suffering from jealousy.
Yes couldnt believe it !!! Gets on my nerves.
IP Logged
colin
Satellite Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #197 on: February 16, 2012, 06:59 PM »

The article is here Its very negative, and hopefully, wrong about the future.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #198 on: February 16, 2012, 07:10 PM »

Two things 1) author purports to know what Andy's thinking, donja just love that no
and 2) At AO Lendl had been working with Andy for what, 5 days? Just a bit early to be assessing his influence Think
For all we know Lendl's mere reassuring presence may have the stabilising effect Andy needs.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #199 on: February 16, 2012, 07:29 PM »

Oh please,
Who cares what some sycophantic idiot says?
There's millions of them.
The author is just another non entity glory hunter in love with the new best thing who is welcome to his or her opinion.
You can't pretend the world is full of intelligent people when it is not.
This blogger is clearly not a fan of Andy's and his argument didn't entirely make sense either, nor was a credible assessment of the situation that he himself described.
Neither Andy or Novak played particularly well for the first 2 sets, had either one done that it would have been game over.
But they both played some incredible stuff later on with Andy pushing Novak to the limits of his abilities, & he should have won.
Does he really think that both Andy and Rafa are so beneath Novak in talent that they are never going to beat him?
I don't buy it!
Novaks absolute dominance is already almost at an end I believe.
In any instance as Blueberry has said the coaching relationship has only just begun with Lendl.
Next!
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #200 on: February 16, 2012, 07:40 PM »

I just checked also.
Andy actually had an 86 UE count for that match against Novaks 69.
So who got away with the most in that one?
Once Andy has been fully re-gauged & settled in with his new offensive baseline game.
The glorious 3 shall be having kittens all year, of that I have no doubt.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #201 on: February 16, 2012, 09:09 PM »

What a ridiculous article by .....erm.....who?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #202 on: February 16, 2012, 09:15 PM »

These sorts of articles/blogs are written mainly for the typical, ordinary, simple minded people who probably buy everything they see, read etc. As once a wise man said, if you believe everything you read, then you might as well not read anything at all. But then again, if you are a few steps ahead of them and you write about that, then chances are, it will be beyond them. Why bother with it anyway. There’s not even an ounce of objectivity there in that article. Completely biased not to mention, a very wrong assessment of the match.  Also, very busy drawing too many conclusions far too quickly. One literally doesn't know where to start.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #203 on: February 16, 2012, 11:52 PM »

After reading all your comments I won't waste my time reading the article - thanks guys!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #204 on: February 17, 2012, 12:28 AM »

From a Murray's fans of view we can see clearly what's wrong with this article/blog but those who aren't fans of Andy would totally buy into it and believe every word of it. That's the unfortunate part.

It's not that he completely ignored Andy's unforced errors but also, he dared to compare last year's final vs this year's semi-final. There's a very big difference between a semi-final vs final match. Andy, after all, has made 3 finals and 1 time beating Nadal in the semi, so clearly he is not as mentally crippled when it comes to semis even against the big boys. With the exception of RG semi, he was able to take a set from Nadal from both Wimbledon and USO. And this year's semi against Nole went to the 5th set, whereas he was never able to take a set in the final. You can see the clear difference here.

Also, he talks about the 4th set in the final match where Nole was 5 all 0-40 up against Nadal and states how close Nole came winning it in 4, but he quickly forgets that Andy was in fact 2 sets to 1 up too and against Nole no other and had he stayed tuned, he too would have had a grand chance to close it in 4. The moment just became too big for him and he let things go a bit and there went the 4th set as well. But he again had his chances in the 5th set and was literally a few points away from the match too.

Another thing he harps on and on is how Nole’s level of play this year was not the same as last year; therefore, Andy and maybe Nadal too was able to push him this far. But is it not possible that given Nole’s last year's record, both Nadal and Andy were more ready for him this time, therefore raised their level as well? I mean how can you prove that didn’t happen? That’s a possibility too as I see it.

I only know one guy and his name is Laurie H. and I’ve gone back and forth with him a few times in the past and he once posted an article about Andy on the other forum, which I thought was very neutral and more to the point though I didn’t agree with it entirely. But at least you can tell that, he wasn’t into writing someone off and was more into pointing out what Andy was doing wrong mostly technically and how he lacked a clear gamepaln against Nole. That was after the 2011 AO final.  
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #205 on: February 17, 2012, 09:10 AM »

I just checked also.
Andy actually had an 86 UE count for that match against Novaks 69.
So who got away with the most in that one?
Once Andy has been fully re-gauged & settled in with his new offensive baseline game.
The glorious 3 shall be having kittens all year, of that I have no doubt.
clap
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #206 on: February 17, 2012, 11:24 AM »

From a Murray's fans of view we can see clearly what's wrong with this article/blog but those who aren't fans of Andy would totally buy into it and believe every word of it. That's the unfortunate part.

It's not that he completely ignored Andy's unforced errors but also, he dared to compare last year's final vs this year's semi-final. There's a very big difference between a semi-final vs final match. Andy, after all, has made 3 finals and 1 time beating Nadal in the semi, so clearly he is not as mentally crippled when it comes to semis even against the big boys. With the exception of RG semi, he was able to take a set from Nadal from both Wimbledon and USO. And this year's semi against Nole went to the 5th set, whereas he was never able to take a set in the final. You can see the clear difference here.

Also, he talks about the 4th set in the final match where Nole was 5 all 0-40 up against Nadal and states how close Nole came winning it in 4, but he quickly forgets that Andy was in fact 2 sets to 1 up too and against Nole no other and had he stayed tuned, he too would have had a grand chance to close it in 4. The moment just became too big for him and he let things go a bit and there went the 4th set as well. But he again had his chances in the 5th set and was literally a few points away from the match too.

Another thing he harps on and on is how Nole’s level of play this year was not the same as last year; therefore, Andy and maybe Nadal too was able to push him this far. But is it not possible that given Nole’s last year's record, both Nadal and Andy were more ready for him this time, therefore raised their level as well? I mean how can you prove that didn’t happen? That’s a possibility too as I see it.

I only know one guy and his name is Laurie H. and I’ve gone back and forth with him a few times in the past and he once posted an article about Andy on the other forum, which I thought was very neutral and more to the point though I didn’t agree with it entirely. But at least you can tell that, he wasn’t into writing someone off and was more into pointing out what Andy was doing wrong mostly technically and how he lacked a clear gamepaln against Nole. That was after the 2011 AO final.  

I think we can all agree that it has been Andy's lack of mental fortitude at the business end of a slam that has been the glaring problem with him. But here's the thing if it was a question of ability then I would be more pessimistic. He can move on from this.  I'm sure he was  nervous about Masters finals, once upon a time & now he's probably one of the strongest ever at this level. He just needs that final push of confidence and perhaps a dash of luck & if he keeps on putting himself in the mix, I believe we shall all be able to look back on this time with a dash of wry humour. And it wont come soon enough.
[ Last edit by theycanbillme February 17, 2012, 11:41 AM ] IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #207 on: February 17, 2012, 11:42 AM »

The article is here Its very negative, and hopefully, wrong about the future.

The article seems to have been removed!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #208 on: February 17, 2012, 11:54 AM »

:
The article seems to have been removed!
oh good perhaps people complained!!  Whistle
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray to skip Davis Cup tie with Slovakia « Reply #209 on: February 17, 2012, 05:09 PM »

Yes just tried to find it but couldn't - but may have been moved to the archive but as I don't know what I'm looking for don't think I'll bother. Indeed not sure why I even clicked on it as why should I read what sounds like rubbish from a has-never-been?  Life's too short.   Whistle
Btw that's not meant as a criticism for posting the link but as thanks to those who have effectively warned me off.  w00t
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »