Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray to skip entire clay court season 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray to skip entire clay court season

(Read 4447 times)
Steve b
Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #105 on: April 01, 2012, 08:34 PM »

Not buying it for 1 second. April fool. If Murray is not injured he can't do that. He will get fined.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #106 on: April 01, 2012, 08:58 PM »

Yes I was fooled as well, wouldn't you think that it would be blazing news on ATPWorld....but no nothing there, phewwww good luck Andy on the clay.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #107 on: April 01, 2012, 09:01 PM »

Even if I had read this this morning I would have known it was a joke. Far to radical, you need to be a bit more subtle next year. 
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #108 on: April 01, 2012, 09:29 PM »

Even if I had read this this morning I would have known it was a joke. Far to radical, you need to be a bit more subtle next year. 

I agree, but look back at the comments - I fooled enough of you.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #109 on: April 01, 2012, 09:31 PM »

Not being subtle is what makes it more amusing when you see people get fooled, and there were many. Just look at Twitter, it's incredible.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #110 on: April 01, 2012, 09:34 PM »

Not being subtle is what makes it more amusing when you see people get fooled, and there were many. Just look at Twitter, it's incredible.

Just incredible how many were taken in.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #111 on: April 01, 2012, 09:38 PM »

Simon Briggs now retweeted - freelance tennis writer out in Miami and pal of Neil Harman.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #112 on: April 01, 2012, 09:40 PM »

Sad to hear of the death of Laurie Pignon at 93. He was the Telegraph's tennis correspondent during the glory years of the 70s and 80s.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #113 on: April 01, 2012, 10:48 PM »

Andy surely cannot do do this.
Me 'n' robbie 'r' gutted after swallyin' this bite.
IP Logged
mrb282
Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #114 on: April 02, 2012, 01:58 AM »

um, april fools' people, duh
IP Logged
o hai
Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #115 on: April 02, 2012, 06:50 AM »

16>0

kthxbai
IP Logged
RLePage
Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #116 on: April 02, 2012, 12:19 PM »

You had me right up to the point where Lendl outs the 'imposters'! Best joke I saw all day yesterday. Well done!!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #117 on: April 02, 2012, 12:47 PM »

Best bit for me was Lendl's comments on clay court champions lmao but over-egging the pudding a bit as he was one himself Wink
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #118 on: April 02, 2012, 12:52 PM »

that was brilliant,
And yes i bought it, but in my defence I was having a hair of the dog sunday  2 man down
Thank Goodness it was a prank as well.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #119 on: April 02, 2012, 05:52 PM »

Sorry but I didn’t think it was all that clever as all the usual suspects (Nigel, Mark and Aileen) were acting out of their character. Never mind the content of the article which had Nigel written all over it especially the last line, “And it turns your socks pink”. I mean since when a serious announcement ends with a complete irrelevant yet funny line?

Nigel didn’t bother to make any comments over such an announcement. Coincidence? I didn’t think so. Mark became a chatterbox overnight supporting the article left, right and centre. Highly suspicious. Aileen did the unthinkable by not dissecting the article and analyzing it in ten different ways (sorry Aileen you know I am that way too!). The only clever move was the post by invisibleman18 which had me confused for a bit but only if he was involved in all this - otherwise there were just too many giveaways.

It may have fooled some people outside this forum but I am sure only for a second or two but I like the attempt though. I like pranks.

Don’t get me wrong but the timing felt very wrong because I don’t think it should have involved Andy at all, who had a very big match the following day. If there’s a remote possibility in anything to distract Andy, I would skip it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »