Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray to skip entire clay court season 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray to skip entire clay court season

(Read 4319 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #135 on: April 03, 2012, 06:12 PM »

Good stuff, Nigel. You almost had us. Well... almost. :p
Actually he had a lot of people and a quick search on Twitter will confirm this. But your bizarre objection to it suggests you were one of the people who fell for it the hardest and you ain't happy about it.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #136 on: April 03, 2012, 08:16 PM »

The idea behind April fool is to fool the intended audience and not get caught until you tell them, "April fool". Doh. Anyway, it could be a short attempt or a long one but as long as you don't get caught because then the purpose behind it is defeated. In other words, the foolers then become the foolies. Take Andy’s own prank from last year. Almost everyone bought into it until he tweeted and clarified though not in so many words but he was successful.

Like for example, this guy who was supposed to go on a date with his girlfriend on the same night of April 1st put some dark jam on his lips and sent a picture via phone cancelling the date telling her that he got a cold sore and couldn’t make it. He was very cold about the whole thing. The girlfriend got very upset at the message and thought he was simply sleeping around or he was not into her as much, falling out etc. until he finally told her that it was an April fool prank.

Also, last year, when my co-worked walked in and sat down next time, I said “you look very handsome today” and he totally blushed and said, “thank you” and that’s when I said, “April fool btw”.
I wanted to pull the same one on Mark yesterday but he didn’t bite. Actually I wanted to say, “you sound very sexy today, Mark” but then I thought of Hazel and decided not to. lol

Again, the idea is to fool the person you intend to and not get caught until you tell them so and that’s when it becomes really funny – not before or during.

That's just cruel.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #137 on: April 03, 2012, 08:38 PM »

The idea behind April fool is to fool the intended audience and not get caught until you tell them, "April fool". Doh. Anyway, it could be a short attempt or a long one but as long as you don't get caught because then the purpose behind it is defeated. In other words, the foolers then become the foolies. Take Andy’s own prank from last year. Almost everyone bought into it until he tweeted and clarified though not in so many words but he was successful.

Like for example, this guy who was supposed to go on a date with his girlfriend on the same night of April 1st put some dark jam on his lips and sent a picture via phone cancelling the date telling her that he got a cold sore and couldn’t make it. He was very cold about the whole thing. The girlfriend got very upset at the message and thought he was simply sleeping around or he was not into her as much, falling out etc. until he finally told her that it was an April fool prank.

Also, last year, when my co-worked walked in and sat down next time, I said “you look very handsome today” and he totally blushed and said, “thank you” and that’s when I said, “April fool btw”. I wanted to pull the same one on Mark yesterday but he didn’t bite. Actually I wanted to say, “you sound very sexy today, Mark” but then I thought of Hazel and decided not to. lol

Again, the idea is to fool the person you intend to and not get caught until you tell them so and that’s when it becomes really funny – not before or during.

Why the F*** are you so determined to imply that there's something between Mark and I? Even if there was it would be none of your business and as there isn't it's just annoying!
Also telling someone they look good and then saying it's only a prank-that's actually called horrible, not actually being funny. You're idea of a prank is obviously very different from the rest of us.

The original April fool prank was meant to be dreadful not only painful so if we keep that in mind, we shouldn't even be pulling any pranks on this day. Even Nigel's article didn't come across as funny if you believe in it. It's never good news if Andy has to pull out from the entire clay season and then make his fans believe in it. The news was a bit shocking to me in fact. Where was the fun in that?

Anyway, I was very excited about Andy’s match vs Nole and was looking for information everywhere on Saturday night to make sure everything was okay and on schedule and that’s when I came across this article. Fell for it for a minute or two so hence the quick reaction. I have no intention to continue with this any longer. Life is short and I need to keep things more on the positive side for Andy's sake if nothing!

Good stuff, Nigel. You almost had us. Well... almost. :p

You're the one that keeps prolonging this discussion Rolling Eyes I know you'll say I am by responding to you, but that's because I find your shallow sanctimonious sounding posts as annoying as nails down a blackboard Smile
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #138 on: April 04, 2012, 07:16 AM »

Why the F*** are you so determined to imply that there's something between Mark and I? Even if there was it would be none of your business and as there isn't it's just annoying!
Also telling someone they look good and then saying it's only a prank-that's actually called horrible, not actually being funny. You're idea of a prank is obviously very different from the rest of us.

Hazeybear, she plays really weird, teasing, flirtatious games shocking  I thought she keep her promise and leave the sight, but no that was just a "game" too. Honestly is best ignored.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #139 on: April 04, 2012, 07:40 AM »

Haze, chill, I always think about the movie "one who flew over the cuckoo,s nest when Emma jean, Jane, I want to change my name, posts.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #140 on: April 04, 2012, 08:54 AM »

I'm just finding this thread too weird now. It's obvious that everything I valued and held to be true in life is a sham.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #141 on: April 04, 2012, 10:12 AM »

when Emma jean, Jane, I want to change my name, posts.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #142 on: April 04, 2012, 05:07 PM »

That's just cruel.

It wasn't because he's a very good friend of mine and we go back and forth like this quite a bit. We laughed a lot after that incident actually. Besides, he's handsome anyway so it wasn't too far from the truth.

As to the second account, I heard it on the radio as some were sharing their recent April fool pranks and it was one of them. I am not sure why she got so upset over something so trivial. He simply cancelled the date saying that he had a cold sore. How she deducted the rest and allowed herself to get all upset is puzzling to me. I thought it was truly funny but I guess people are different. Besides, I don’t know the true nature of that relationship so can’t comment any further.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #143 on: April 04, 2012, 05:10 PM »

Actually he had a lot of people and a quick search on Twitter will confirm this. But your bizarre objection to it suggests you were one of the people who fell for it the hardest and you ain't happy about it.

Below was my first post after that article. You can see that I almost nailed it.

Sorry but this feels a bit of shocking news. If it's true then I am not sure why Andy would choose to declare it just before the night of a very important final. Also, no link to the actual press conference. Is it then an April Fool prank by Nigel?

But if true, then I am very shocked because this would then only make him a sitting duck...not sure how smart a move this is though I am still finding it very hard to believe. Having known Andy for so long, I just can't see him saying, "I spoke with Ivan and it just makes so much sense,".

Still shocked and confused. Hope this is only a prank by Nigel and Mark must know it.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #144 on: April 05, 2012, 11:08 AM »

I'm just finding this thread too weird now. It's obvious that everything I valued and held to be true in life is a sham.

Yup, very weird indeed.

But just came across this -
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=418972

Looking back now, I've only just appreciated the NH quotes "but it's April and Andy's about to play his last match until Queen's. That's over two months away. He could end up looking foolish"

Nice one Nigel! 
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #145 on: April 05, 2012, 11:40 AM »

Looking back now, I've only just appreciated the NH quotes "but it's April and Andy's about to play his last match until Queen's. That's over two months away. He could end up looking foolish"

At last, somebody got it!!!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #146 on: April 05, 2012, 11:45 AM »

Oh wow!! lol
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #147 on: April 05, 2012, 10:59 PM »

At last, somebody got it!!!

Sorry that we were too blind to see that till Elena pointed it out Smile
IP Logged
polly
Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #148 on: April 06, 2012, 08:58 PM »

your off your head mate murry is gonna the world no 1 0ne day ......he has just gotta sort his head out!!!!can be ANYONE on his day Smile
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray to skip entire clay court season « Reply #149 on: April 17, 2012, 02:19 AM »

Surely she couldn't be having a go at you Nigel - it clearly states that it's an April Fool lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »