Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray to temporarily work with Darren Cahill 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray to temporarily work with Darren Cahill

(Read 12692 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray to temporarily work with Darren Cahill « Reply #195 on: May 09, 2011, 04:32 AM »

If Andy gets a coach. He will be paying his wages. If he will not listen to a coach he has employed and is paying then he is stupid.  I think he has to listen more and take advice. We or most of us know he is quite
stubborn. All of us sometime in our lives have to make hard decisions. Perhaps Andy has to change some of
of his preconcieved thoughts. This may take time but he will have to do so if he wants to futher his tennis career.

I was under the impression recently that he had already started this process - agreeing to work with Cahill just now, and even to go and visit coaches rather than have them come to him; starting to watch videos of his matches again, something he stopped doing about two years ago; and probably most important of all, publicly admitting that his problem is largely a mental one.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray to temporarily work with Darren Cahill « Reply #196 on: May 09, 2011, 06:50 AM »

and probably most important of all, publicly admitting that his problem is largely a mental one.
Seems I missed this, can you link me?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray to temporarily work with Darren Cahill « Reply #197 on: May 15, 2011, 03:01 AM »

Seems I missed this, can you link me?
Sorry just got round to looking at this thread.  Haven't been around MW for a few days.  I think this interview could have been on the BBC or ATP websites.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray to temporarily work with Darren Cahill « Reply #198 on: May 25, 2011, 10:30 AM »

Now it's Sven Groeneveld coaching Andy:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/8534960/French-Open-2011-Andy-Murray-looks-to-Roger-Federers-former-coach-Sven-Groeneveld-for-Roland-Garros-advice.html
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Murray to temporarily work with Darren Cahill « Reply #199 on: May 25, 2011, 10:52 AM »

The comms were talking about this yesterday, but then went on to say that it was their opinion that Murray listens to himself and his mother and that rather than have a full time coach he might be just as well off tapping into people like Cahill & Groeneveld occasionally.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray to temporarily work with Darren Cahill « Reply #200 on: May 26, 2011, 03:26 AM »

That's only because Cahill is too involved with his commentating duties, not because Murray's given him the boot.

The comms were talking about this yesterday, but then went on to say that it was their opinion that Murray listens to himself and his mother and that rather than have a full time coach he might be just as well off tapping into people like Cahill & Groeneveld occasionally.
Looks like this could be the situation for the foreseeable future.  Cahill did say a while ago that Murray might be better off not having a permanent coach, for a while at least, as it won't do him any harm to have to take responsibility for his game.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »