Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray topples Big John 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray topples Big John

(Read 3219 times)
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray topples Big John « Reply #30 on: September 10, 2011, 03:02 AM »

The face of a man who will win his first Slam in a few days time.

YES!  Love this, Mark
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray topples Big John « Reply #31 on: September 10, 2011, 03:03 AM »

Still, and all, we are still on one day at a time. Well done, Andy for today, very well done!!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray topples Big John « Reply #32 on: September 10, 2011, 07:59 AM »

I truly wish I could believe that.  Andy did extremely well to beat Isner, particularly in defying all the odds to hold his nerve and win the tiebreak, and I'm proud of his GS record for a calendar year, but unless and until he can control his emotions throughout the entire match and channel that aggression into his game instead of towards himself and his team when things don't go his way, which is what happened in the 3rd set, I fear that this will once again elude him should he succeed in reaching the final.

His temperement is much improved though Aileen, dont you aggree? No real outburst really like we used to see. A changed man really.
At 2 sets ahead he let up the presure a bit and Isner had enough fight in him bounce back. Andy will not be able to recove his poise AND beat Rafa.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray topples Big John « Reply #33 on: September 10, 2011, 08:20 AM »

Thanks for the report Phil. Andy himself would approve of it I'm sure. Its somewhat kinder than your counterpart Boogers would have written! Laughed my tennis socks off at the following:

Murray's passing shots were simply sublime and Isner was frequently left groping at the net like a blind man in a brothel.

Very funny!
Yes, me too Lashurt.........Wonder how Boogers knows what blind men get up to in brothels! Think
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray topples Big John « Reply #34 on: September 10, 2011, 08:25 AM »

Andy.......You played brilliant son and we are sooo proud of you........and beating 'Big John' in a tie break must come somewhere close to beating Savador Dali at painting! hug
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray topples Big John « Reply #35 on: September 10, 2011, 08:27 AM »

I truly wish I could believe that.  Andy did extremely well to beat Isner, particularly in defying all the odds to hold his nerve and win the tiebreak, and I'm proud of his GS record for a calendar year, but unless and until he can control his emotions throughout the entire match and channel that aggression into his game instead of towards himself and his team when things don't go his way, which is what happened in the 3rd set, I fear that this will once again elude him should he succeed in reaching the final.

I feel Andy does need to show some emotion, because that is who is, what he did yesterday and has been doing lately is he gets over it, channels it and gets on with the next point, which is what we saw yesterday. I'm glad he shows emotion as it shows he cares.I'm absolutely sick of the continuing harping on this subject. I often wonder if I have been following the same match as I didn't see him looking up to his team that often. He and his team know what helps him, not us.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray topples Big John « Reply #36 on: September 10, 2011, 08:31 AM »

His temperement is much improved though Aileen, dont you aggree? No real outburst really like we used to see. A changed man really.
At 2 sets ahead he let up the presure a bit and Isner had enough fight in him bounce back. Andy will not be able to recove his poise AND beat Rafa.
Pity you had to add your last sentence. I for one believe that Andy can recover his poise( not sure what you mean) but he can beat Rafa. Please take some pink positive pills and send a very strong message to Andy across the pond.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray topples Big John « Reply #37 on: September 10, 2011, 08:34 AM »

C'MON! cmon yeah
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray topples Big John « Reply #38 on: September 10, 2011, 09:30 AM »

I hope Andy can silence his critics and beat Rada fair and square today. It would seem a large portion of the media still think that Rafa was only beaten once in that fashion at last year's Canada Masters and seem to discount USO '08 and AO '10 QF citing tiredness and injury - which is nonsense.

I switched off midway through Rafa's match against Roddick as he charged the net like a clueless monkey letting Nadal pick him off time after time. The result was never in doubt.

I don't think Rafa has been tested so far like Andy and I hope for that reason, Andy will be more match tough and have enough in the tank to beat Rafa today. Andy has not lost a hardcourt slam SF so hopefully Andy in 4 Smile
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray topples Big John « Reply #39 on: September 10, 2011, 09:48 AM »

I hope Andy can silence his critics and beat Rada fair and square today. It would seem a large portion of the media still think that Rafa was only beaten once in that fashion at last year's Canada Masters and seem to discount USO '08 and AO '10 QF citing tiredness and injury - which is nonsense.

I switched off midway through Rafa's match against Roddick as he charged the net like a clueless monkey letting Nadal pick him off time after time. The result was never in doubt.

I don't think Rafa has been tested so far like Andy and I hope for that reason, Andy will be more match tough and have enough in the tank to beat Rafa today. Andy has not lost a hardcourt slam SF so hopefully Andy in 4 Smile

Good posting!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray topples Big John « Reply #40 on: September 10, 2011, 09:51 AM »

Disappointed in the way Roddick played, it was shocking, and also very boring. I wish Rafa had Isner then we would get to see just how well Rafa is playing at this tournament.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray topples Big John « Reply #41 on: September 10, 2011, 10:42 AM »

Yes it is Mark, go Andy fantastic match, coming though on the tie break. yay
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray topples Big John « Reply #42 on: September 10, 2011, 10:48 AM »

Yes i agree with you, yay
IP Logged
araminta
Futures Level

Re: Murray topples Big John « Reply #43 on: September 10, 2011, 12:29 PM »

When Andy last played Rafa in the semifinal of this competition, didnt he win the first two sets, lose the third and then win the fourth after rain interruptions and mad scheduling that left him not having much rest??
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray topples Big John « Reply #44 on: September 10, 2011, 12:31 PM »

As far as I see it Andy had one sloppy service game which lost him the third set, otherwise he played Isner brilliantly.  Andy is a strategist and works out what it will take to beat each opponent - he doesn't employ the same tactics all of the time which makes him so great to watch and so difficult for the other players to read.  He will know exactly how he wants to play Rafa - stay strong and execute Andy - we know you can do it!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »