Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray turns back the Nadal waves 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray turns back the Nadal waves  (Read 2733 times)
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray turns back the Nadal waves « Reply #30 on: October 10, 2011, 07:18 PM »

Brilliant thanks IonaRed, didnt see the ceremony on sky.
IP Logged
batz

Re: Murray turns back the Nadal waves « Reply #31 on: October 10, 2011, 08:10 PM »

@Nigel

Andy Murray today outshone King Canute, the Dane who believed he could send back the advancing waves.

Apologies for the pedantry, but Canute did not believe he could turn back the tide - he believed the opposite was true and only tried to do it to prove to his courtiers he was not omnipotent.

Good win for Andy though  yay
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray turns back the Nadal waves « Reply #32 on: October 10, 2011, 09:27 PM »

What a win, fantastic. I agree Andy was very mature, he kept cool and in total control.

I hope now he will know how to beat the top players Nole and Nadal once done  he can do it again and again. good luck to him, now shangai
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray turns back the Nadal waves « Reply #33 on: October 10, 2011, 09:57 PM »

I loved Rafa's t-shirt.  That statement is so him.  "I may have lost today, but tomorrow is another day."

The t-shirt read: today is another chance for victory. A little bit ironic..

Anyhow, Andy played amazing 2nd and 3rd set and played the same lights out tennis that destroyed Riddick at Queens. I just wish this Andy would turn up at the latter stages of every grand slam going forward.

Novak turned it around after lifting winning the Davis Cup in 2010 which layed the foundations of having a great 2011. Let's hope Andy can defend Shanghai and win WTF which could set him off to great things in 2012.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray turns back the Nadal waves « Reply #34 on: October 10, 2011, 11:36 PM »

The presentation ceremony. A lovely touch from Andy when he meets the 1st ever winner of the tournament.
Thanks IonaRed, I dearly wanted to see that again!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray turns back the Nadal waves « Reply #35 on: October 11, 2011, 02:20 AM »

Well done Andy a super star, keep it going, number 3 is nearly yours.  yay
It is, according to the Year To Date rankings (not to be confused with the usual rankings which are based on the previous 52 weeks) -

1 Novak Djokovic 13295

2 Rafael Nadal   9410

3 Andy Murray 6200

4 Roger Federer 5185
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Murray turns back the Nadal waves « Reply #36 on: October 11, 2011, 09:43 AM »

Is there something wrong with my computer? When I look at AM's website it's reverted to January and showing everything relating to the Australian Open.  Are you having the same problem???
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray turns back the Nadal waves « Reply #37 on: October 11, 2011, 09:55 AM »

Here  are excerpts from FOXSPORTS.COM and here is the link til the whole article in Bleachers: http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bbnSz

There's lots more, far too much to post here!   yay
Murray brings new spin to tennis
Andy Murray has beaten Rafael Nadal before, but not like this,

The Scot’s 3-6, 6-2, 6-0 demolition of the world's No. 2 on Sunday in the final of the Japan Open in Tokyo has given the end of the 2011 men’s tour a completely new complexion.

We have spoken before of the remarkable hold the top four have enjoyed on the game for the past few years, and some critics question whether we should only talk about a top three. Murray, the one without a Grand Slam title, is in the process of demonstrating why it is impossible to keep him out of the equation.

Since winning the Masters Series title in Cincinnati in August, Murray has lost just one match — to Nadal in the US Open semifinals — and has racked up two more ATP tour titles, including his victory last week in Bangkok. That takes his tally of career ATP tour titles to 20.

Suddenly, a year that was being dominated by one man has been hijacked by another. Novak Djokovic has a bad back, which is hardly surprising after the amount of attritional tennis he has played during the course of his phenomenal year, and Roger Federer is conserving his energy in preparation for the defense of his ATP World Tour Finals title in London at the end of November.

That leaves Nadal and Murray to lead the tour into the penultimate ATP Masters Series of the year, which already is under way in Shanghai. Nadal is the No. 1 seed and would have been most people’s favorite to lift the title. Not anymore.

Quite apart from the fact that the Spaniard is developing a disturbing habit of losing in finals — it has happened seven times this year — Murray is playing the kind of tennis that makes him, in Rafa’s words, “unstoppable.”

The statistic that stands out from the final in Tokyo was the miserly four points Murray relinquished in the final set. Four points in a set against a fit Nadal? Murray had beaten him 6-0 in the third in Rotterdam in 2009, but Nadal was injured on that occasion. Not this time. He was simply hit off the court.

.....There was nothing much wrong with Nadal’s form in Japan until he ran into Murray, but he will need to shrug off that loss and be at peak form if he is to get past big Czech Tomas Berdych, whom he beat in the 2010 Wimbledon final.

It heart warming to read, if you're one of "US"! hug

IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray turns back the Nadal waves « Reply #38 on: October 11, 2011, 09:59 AM »

Is there something wrong with my computer? When I look at AM's website it's reverted to January and showing everything relating to the Australian Open.  Are you having the same problem???
Its showing current information and next tournament, Valencia. Problem must be at your end.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray turns back the Nadal waves « Reply #39 on: October 11, 2011, 10:44 AM »

It is, according to the Year To Date rankings (not to be confused with the usual rankings which are based on the previous 52 weeks) -

1 Novak Djokovic 13295

2 Rafael Nadal   9410

3 Andy Murray 6200

4 Roger Federer 5185
Yes its great Andy has won more points then Fed this year, and as you say Aileen, not to be confused with the usual rankings, Andy can over take Fed this week if he plays well then, number 3 will be his yay
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray turns back the Nadal waves « Reply #40 on: October 11, 2011, 10:48 AM »

WOW! Thanks Lashurst........That was great to read! I clicked on the link, but was faced with a blank page! confused Do I need to register or something?
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Murray turns back the Nadal waves « Reply #41 on: October 11, 2011, 01:23 PM »

Its showing current information and next tournament, Valencia. Problem must be at your end.
I haven't adjusted my computer in any way, but the current information is now showing.  Very strange :-(
IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: Murray turns back the Nadal waves « Reply #42 on: October 11, 2011, 01:27 PM »

How deep does Andy have to go in the Shanghai tournament to overtake Fed? Does he have to win it?
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray turns back the Nadal waves « Reply #43 on: October 11, 2011, 01:35 PM »

How deep does Andy have to go in the Shanghai tournament to overtake Fed? Does he have to win it?
Yeah, he has to win it.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray turns back the Nadal waves « Reply #44 on: October 11, 2011, 01:41 PM »

I haven't adjusted my computer in any way, but the current information is now showing.  Very strange :-(
Time slip? nervous  Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply